freakyskull

Pics: 2014 Fiat Linea facelift testing in India

This car was caught testing near Pune . According to the source there were three test mules driving together. From the pictures you can make out that the front grille. It has two parallel running lines with the ‘Fiat’ logo sitting aperched. In the current Linea, the number plate is mounted down on the rear bumper. However, in the new Linea Fiat has set this provision higher up on the rear bonnet. If you see this mule, there doesn’t appear to be a provision of bumper mounted registration plate and the rear bonnet has some protrude.

Fiat is also going to offer the 1.6 Multijet Diesel as well. Will be interesting to see how soon the facelift Linea will hit the streets

post-9757-0-79481100-1376390384_thumb.jppost-9757-0-56855500-1376390387.jpg

Source: Motorbash

Not that excited about the car but more excited about that 1.6 multijet hitting Indian streets. It will be a hit again like the smaller cousin 1.3

Let's keep finger's crossed!!

The change seems very minimal and not something very exciting as compared with the other sedans in the same price range.

Linea looks bit old. Fiat need to change / redesign drastically current front styling of both Linea as well as Punto.

Gear up Fiat, your vehicles are class-leading, match up your service too!

I don't agree here because driving dynamics don't always make a car class leading. Fiat needs 2 notch better plastics quality on the inside if it wants to compete in this segment. Also the packaging of Fiat is really poor, car looks very long and big but the interior don't have space, the dashboard is old school and steering is in an unconventional position (more on the chest) and flawed ergonomics aren't pleasing . The diesel is underpowered for its weight.

The facelift was launched an year ago in Turkey (I don't like it) I hope they really improve the packaging of the car and solve ergonomics and the long clutch travel. To market it Fiat should learn somethings from VW's agressive marketing because the Vento though a brilliant car is just an elongated POLO with better engine and same looks but Linea has the good dynamics and looks different to Punto (even though it is derived from it).

Frankly a Linea does not ring my bell anymore and these minor changes dont do anything to help.

Though waiting for the facelifted Punto Sport launching tomorrow.

edited to add source

Launch news source : motorbash

Edited by librankur

By going thru spec on turkey site. it just look as midlife refresh. with new engine option, if 1.6 Multi comes. all other dimension moreover same. It all depends on internal packaging how they liberate extra space inside. Hope FIAT price it competitively & bring down Linea classic price. But I feel FIAT should increase size of Linea. as Honda keep doing with city. with each new iteration complete new product is launched. OLD city customers gets ready to buy CITY again, as it gives feeling of upgrading to a bigger size car compared to old CITY. same way FIAT should upgrade Linea. By doing so, old customer can also be offered for upgrading to Bigger & new Linea.

Fiat needs 2 notch better plastics quality on the inside if it wants to compete in this segment. car looks very long and big but the interior don't have space, the dashboard is old school and steering is in an unconventional position (more on the chest)The diesel is underpowered for its weight

Depends on what segment its compared to. In the segment Linea is operating, pretty much with the likes of Dzire, Manza, etc. I don't see big shortcomings w.r.t. to quality & materials. Ergonomics was never a weak point, depends from person to person how they view it.

Its a known fact, what hurts Punto, Linea is basically Fiat. With Fiat its meant, the after sales support, spare parts availability, prices, etc.

While there are quirks like certain parts falling off from the interiors but so does Dzire rattle. Space was never a forte of Fiat, atleast with its offerings in India. Even Vento, Dzire don't break any new ground in this respect.

Fiat needs to gear up, what I mean with it is that it has to win back the consumers confidence. They have the right products, just needs to market & package them right. Not to forget the after sales improvement.

1.6 Multijet might act as saviour for Fiat Linea, else i don't think such kind of facelift can do much favour for it.

Depends on what segment its compared to. In the segment Linea is operating, pretty much with the likes of Dzire, Manza, etc.

Basically it's the price band which have blurred the boundaries of various segments, like in Rs.7-8 price band, one can get MS Swift, Hyundai i20, MS DZire, Honda AMAZE, MS Ertiga, TATA Manza, Toyota ETIOS & even FIAT Linea but the thing is that neither Honda nor Maruti Suzuki seeker/owner looks for FIAT brand products, thanks to all Spare parts, etc related facts(not issues).

Only Fiesta, CLASSIC or Honda city or remotely MANZA seeker might considers FIAT Linea & among those competitors it fares poorly & to operate in that segment FIAT Linea needs strong engine with unmatched performance, distinct looks & class leading interiors offering good comfort & feel.

So, FIAT needs to address these issues to make it more desirable & to bring it onto the radar of buyers of its segment.

fiat has just intoduced the 2013 Linea. Should we accept this anytime soon ? The owners of 2013 linea will surely be let down.

What is really new in the 2013 Linea except for a little higher GC and a bit better plastics.

I do hope that it is the new 1.6lt multijet and not the current powertrain. Weren't we given a shock in this regard from Ford when they launched the new Fiesta with both 1.5 lt P&D against 1.6 lt in other markets.

Black bumpers could be a part of camouflage. Had it been a notchback or estate, could have indicated towards a 4x4 but can't carry those intentions with a regular sedan.

A lower Taxi version inspired from the old Dzire could be another reason but why would Fiat want to spoil the image further!

I like the new interiors. Looks like Fiat is bringing the same car that was launched in Turkey a year ago. Not sure if the "Linea Classic" concept would work in India.

Yes they can keep any one model running successfully (relatively) at a time, and the so called Linea classic would have to give way to new Linea.

As always a beautiful Fiat car. I am in love with this car even in its current avatar. The only thing that stopped me from buying the current linea was turning circle radius (apart from in-famous Fiat after sales), which is slightly cumbersome in city driving, otherwise looks better than any other sedan in its class. A timeless beauty.

The new front totally changes the character of Linea. Shifting of number plate to the boot also doesnt looks appealing. New plastic inserts in the front bumper and lot of chrome may make it a bit attractive. 1.6 Multijet will definitely storm the segment. About ASS, back in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, we fiat owners are enjoying a very good service. Regular feedback is being taken from us through phone and SMSs. Now they are doing good promotions on local FM radio channels, local newspapers and through SMS facilities.

They are also helping us to source spares for older palios and also for palio stile. Thanks to Bharat Motors...the new Fiat dealer.