bhpcrazy

Toyota Innova facelift; now Launched

The Toyota Innova facelift has been spied in Indonesia. The pic shown reveals only the front which consists of a new bumper and a huge chrome grille. The fog lamp enclosure is also different. There might be more changes to the car but nothing can be made out from these pics. Wonder when this will hot our shores. Here are the pics

post-9756-0-81679900-1376455314.jpgpost-9756-0-87228900-1376455316.jpg

And here is the rear

post-7692-0-77642700-1376471121.jpg

Source

Last time I heard, Innova was to get a new update in 2014 & it will be an all new vehicle. Minor upgrades or nip-tuck won't do because its already around a decade old vehicle. What's in favor is that its so nicely packaged already that room for improvement is minimal.

Its high time, Toyota completely re-designs a new innova as its been almost decade old and soon competitors are going to pour in new cars in this segment. This facelift is not going to work much in their favour even with this uglu looking grille it wont work much. Hope they bring a new one soon.

Innova seriously need a price check. With new breed of SUV's entering the market, toyota might have a hard time in coming days convincing a class of buyers who didnt need a 7 seater yet bought the Innova.

Again an annoying upgrade. Nothing new then a few chrome stripes here & there with some tweaks in styling and that's all the engineers could think of. The Innova has litreally got old and needs a total remake rather than such silly upgrades. Although this so called "NEW INNOVA" will also sell a lot but it's the high time now!

Toyota do it!!!

The front grill looks odd and too big to the point of looking disproportionate with the overall styling. The rear looks aftermarket. Lousy job! The Innova needs a revolution rather than an evolution.

As is the norm now, Toyota's facelifts convert what maybe acceptable otherwise into aesthetic nightmares. But they still sell, so it must work for them, so I guess the opinion of the likes of me does not matter all that much.

I for one seriously feel that the Innova should come with an autobox. It should not be difficult considering the Innova AT is sold in international markets.

I fully agree.

I think i Toyota launches AT option then it will just push the sales to another level (considering reliability of Toyota and lack of AT options in market in this segment).

If i am not wrong, the all new Innova will be launched in 2015 end or may be Q1 2016.

So till then they need to keep it alive by giving facelifts (this might be the last one though).

No one buys a Toyota for its looks.

An AT will sure help but come to think of its , its primary driven by a paid driver an you will not like to spend lakhs more just to make the life of the paid driver easier or for user in the Taxi Segment .

Sure some will spend extra for this added convenience for themselves.

Highly overdone on its looks & its rear looks ultimate drastic as it seems to have got some plastic & chrome bits from local accessory shop. :D

Who says All-new Innova isn't possible ?

Innova already got good looks, it now needs to shed some weight, some displacement(cc's) from its engine to make it more fuel-efficient & emission friendly.

I was literally amazed after reading its comparison with Nissan Evalia & Chevrolet Enjoy in which these last two have performed better than Innova in-terms of in-gear acceleration times/runs & that's too with 35-45% lesser engine displacement than Innova & off course delivers better fuel economy & hence saving precious fossil fuels.

With even heavier kerb weight vehicle, if not 1.3 or 1.5 atleast 1.6-1.8 litre engines can be tuned to achieve a strong performance to lug 7 passengers with their luggage, remotely making it an underpowered car/UV.

C'mon, Bumper-alteration games are over now. Its a time for next-stage/innings.

The new Innova is extremely ugly. My god, what have the designers done to the handsome grille of the Innova? There is to much of chrome, it looks oversized and awkward to look. I mean, it has been almost 10 years since the Innova was introduced and yet the basic shape has not been changed. :o Okay, the shape is still beautiful but this facelift is too ugly.

The Mahindra Xylo and Nissan Evalia are way more pleasing than this new Innova. And the interiors, barely changed and the center console looks like an aftermarket thought. I admire the Innova legacy and its bullet proof reliability. Toyota should concentrate more on the engines rather than the styling. The engine while adequate, could be detuned to under 2.0 liter and for fuel efficiency. I wish the Indian Innova to have a better styled front grille.

This will still sell in India. Honestly, Toyota will keep selling these until and unless there is a real direct competition in the market which can beat Innova all ends up.

The Taxi operators even today are ready to pay 7 - 8 lacs for a pre-owned Innova to be added in their stable. The Xylo, Evalia might be cheaper, but Innova still holds that premium image when comes to Taxi market. Basically Innova is riding on two USPs, reliability - touch wood i have met people who have used their Innova for 7 Lac + Kms and still goes to service centre for regular servicing only !!! and second is excellent ride quality - especially on long routes.

As far as looks are concerned, it simply just never sold on great looks. Though the buyers would definitely love to have more features being offered for the price they are paying.

Seriously were the hell did Toyota find designers for this facelift. They have ruined the front face , the bling chrome grill is way too big, though the fog look alright but the black bumper line is irritating to the eyes. Also they haven't even changed the design of the alloy wheels and at the rear elongated the chrome with reflector insert's hope they won't hike price by 50k for this joke of an update , even the ant-eater Verna facelift look better proportioned (old verna) than this.

Thanks for the update PH. Though most are not going to like the facelift but this wont deter buyers, those who are in the market for this, will buy this only & that's because the competition does not have any worthy alternative.

Toyota New Innova expected price list revealed:

post-67-0-99985400-1380038122.jpg

(Pic source: Autocar India)

An excerpt from Motoroids.com,

It is being said that TKM dealers across the country would offer three package options on the updated Innova. These would be:

Genuine Accessories pack: For INR 7495 extra

3M body care package: For INR 11,301 extra

Toyota Car Care: For INR 6557 extra

Toyota Innova 2013 Price in India (ex-showroom, Delhi) are as follows-

Innova Diesel Price list –

Innova G (7s) – Rs. 10,89,364/-

Innova G (8s) – Rs. 10,93,981/-

Innova GX (7s) – Rs. 12,45,604/-

Innova GX (8s) – Rs. 12,50,366/-

Innova VX (7s) – Rs. 14,53,136/-

Innova VX (8s) – Rs. 14,57,780/-

Innova Z (7s) – Rs. 15,06,718/-

Innova Petrol Price list –

Innova G (8s) – Rs. 10,20,345/-

Innova GX (8s) – Rs. 11,58,740/-

Innova VX (7s) – Rs. 13,69,530/-

(source: Motorids.com)

Phew...V breaches the 15L mark!

My big concern is, does the base G variant get an ABS now ?

See the Z variant, it's Rs.15 lacs+ for ex-showroom & that means nearly Rs.17 lacs for on-road price. IIRC, Few years ago & in its initial days Toyota fortuner retailed for around the same price for its base variant.

The changes are not very striking.

Though i's a good upgrade for a buyer who only wants to purchase Innova but this may not lead to a

drastic change in Innova's sales figures.

It's high time for Toyota to launch Mini Innova aka Avanza to keep their market share intact.