thard

Which SUV to buy

Hi

I am planning on buying a SUV and am not able to decide. My initial budget was 14 Lacs but there were no options. Now i am comparing Honda CRV 2.0 Ltrs, Grand Vitara, Captiva and Tuscon. Can you please help as to which one is the better one.

Is the hyundai tuscon being phased out in india? How is the worldwide performance of the Chevrolet Captiva?

I travel on an average 50 km per day. It does involve site visits to new properties where the road may be bumpy.

Warm Regards

Nikhil Thard

I am about to buy a new SUV and like all music lovers when i buy my car i will put up a new music system immediately i am thinking of putting some reasonably big speakers in the trunk which SUV has such a place for my speakers. Please Help i have little knowledge about cars.Which SUV should get i have a budget of 6-7 lac

I am about to buy a new SUV and like all music lovers when i buy my car i will put up a new music system immediately i am thinking of putting some reasonably big speakers in the trunk which SUV has such a place for my speakers. Please Help i have little knowledge about cars.Which SUV should get i have a budget of 6-7 lac

A second hand Mahindra Scorpio CRDE (post 2005 March model) with low mileage can be considered. A new Scorpio if considered costs around 7.75 L and more. After reading the Autocar Survey on spares and maintenance costs I find the Scorpio to be reasonable among the MUV's in this range. The Innova is far superior and costs more.

Hi

I am planning on buying a SUV and am not able to decide. My initial budget was 14 Lacs but there were no options. Now i am comparing Honda CRV 2.0 Ltrs' date=' Grand Vitara, Captiva and Tuscon. Can you please help as to which one is the better one.

Is the hyundai tuscon being phased out in india? How is the worldwide performance of the Chevrolet Captiva?

I travel on an average 50 km per day. It does involve site visits to new properties where the road may be bumpy.

Warm Regards

Nikhil Thard
[/quote']

As you drive around 50 kms a day , it think you should go in for a diesel car , and Captiva would be a good idea , but if you want to same some bucks go in for the Tuscon Diesel

Cheers!!!

hey guys im planning on buying a new SUV and i am wondering which one to for my budget is 6-7 lac. I have little knowledge about cars.

hey buddy, i returned to the forum after few days and i could see you posting query on suggestion for SUV in many threads which may be irrelevant to those threads. i would suggest please a open a new thread urself and get the suggestions for your query.

all the best for your buy!
harryccc2008-01-28 12:17:01

hi thard...i think a diesel suv and amongst the choices u have given, the capitiva is sure the best...(read ACI-Feb issue for full reports)do not consider the touson cause ther are replacing it with the santa fe sometime in april

Thanks for all the inputs. I have finally shortlisted the Captiva and Honda 2.0 Ltrs. I checked up the chevrolet dealer but it seems the captiva has not been formally launched.

The waititing period is till april end as of now. But the vehicle looks awesome. If one compares the interiors than i dont think there is any competition to captiva even from honda.. the interiors of honda is nothing great.

It seems in another week the chevrolet people would have a clear picture and than we can take a call.

@ thard- I wud suggest a captiva coz its diesel nd its refined.nd  lets not forget u drive over 50 kms per day!!dats a lot guys!!smiley36.gif.u cant suggest a petrol driven CR-V to a guy who drives that much!!!but the thing is da captiva does'nt hav 4x4 drive so u wont b able to go into too deep levels of slush nd grime but i dont think u will b anyway.its jus bumpy roads u've mentioned!the capiva can handle that well.its got 197mm of ground clearance.

but if ur ntoo concerned ptrol performance then CR-V would b perfect!!!but it costs the same as a diesel driven cap!

dont forget,THERES A PETROL DRIVEN CR-V RIVAL FROM MITSUBISHI CALLED THE OUTLANDER CUMMIN IN MARCH.IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD!!!smiley2.gif.if u can wait i wud say its worth the wait!plus waitin till match would mean u make a purchase after the '08 budget nd theres a good chance of import duty cuts from the current 112% of duty we pay on the captiva CR-V nd other imported cars!!!!!!!smiley1.gif

How is the Sumo Grande in comparison to the new Scorpio V series mHawk etc.

no comparision here between the Sumo and the scorpio M hawk , m hawks more refined than the Sumo grande , i would opt for Scorpio M hawk than the Sumo grande

Cheers!!!

smiley1.gif Thanks for the inputs.. I checked out the pajero yesterday.Its good but interiors is a big let down. Its like a jeep. Montero looks good but is extremely expensive.

I think captiva is the best bet.. now somebody mentioned that in budget the import duty will be reduced. So i will have to wait till than.. in any case the delivery is delayed.. so lets see.

thanks once again.. petrol suv is a sin.. the consuption is just too high....