A big hello to eveyone and this is my first post on autocarindia form

I had recently booked an ecosport(well on june 26) and theres still no news on delivery of the car.I have waited for it for a whole 2 months.If the vehicle does not arrive by the second week of september i will be looking at other options.So i request every single member of this form to help me in the purchase.

My budget is between 8L-10.5L(ON ROAD)

my priorities are

The car has to be diesel,Good Space,ground clearence to clear those big pothholes,ABS and Airbags are a must,and finally and and the most important a nice after sales serivce

The cars ive short listed are

i20

polo and

Honda Amaze

Go for the Honda Amaze or the i20 . Both tick your boxes and have good service as well. While the Polo is well built, the 3 cylinder diesel is noisy and underpowered. Also Volkswagen service is one of the worst around.

Have you considered the Etios diesel. It recently was updated and comes with quite a few goodies.

Thank you for your valuabke input pransing horse I loved the i20 for eveything except the ride as the vehicle I'm purchasing will be use on the highway 40% of the time.The amaze is a good car and its the first car that will come into the picture if the ecosport doesnt arrive.As for the etios its sort of a taxi product atleast in the south.I

Amaze is also not that easy to get.

The idea is to keep your EcoSport booking alive while going for the next one in queue.

As you know EcoSport booking are now partially closed and if your variant is one that has been closed for further bookings , strike an off market deal to make money off it.

My pick , though not in your list , are the Dzire or the Ertiga , they arent that hard to get anymore.

thank you

• librankur
  • yes the amaze too has a waiting period but its a good car.About the dzire and ertiga.well i already own a dzire and i have an innova as well so thats the reason why are not on the list.

Go for an Amaze in case you are sure about cancelling your booking; though I feel that there would be a waiting period on the Diesel Amaze as well.

Go for Ertiga VDi will be in reach in the onroad price but it lacks Airbags. Also the feature list is barebones compared to the 3 cars you have chosen.

i20 is actually bigger than Amaze on the interior (especially rear headroom) but the newer versions iGen (not Uber) have really soft suspension and the front keeps on bobbing (my i20 is stiff 09 model). Try Punto/Linea 90hp they are real highway cars with excellent dynamics and ride quality. Also the New Fiesta is as good (maybe better) than the Ecosport on dynamics though it is not popular but you can get discounts of upto 1.5 lakhs on diesel varients.

Thank you for your inputs.Tommorow i will be visting the ford showroom to check on my booking status if theres no change in it i will keep the booking alive and check out the Amaze and the i20.If there is any other vehicle that need to be given a chance please reply

I dont think the Ford Ecosport is as spacious as it seems. Also if your 40% riding is on highway then you probably need a car that has excellent 100+ kmph handling and dynamics. Comfort, space and safety are your priorities.

Check out the Fiat Punto 90HP and Fiat Linea Emotion. I am enumerating some features of both of these cars as per your taste,

- Tank like build quality.

- Award winning diesel engine. Courtesy: Multijet Engine which powers swift, dzire, ertiga, ritz, indica vista and many more.

- Best in class handling

- Great dynamics and high speed stability.

- Cheaper spares. Reference: Autocar's issue on spare part cost comparisons

- Italian design

- Good ground clearance

But there is also a poor after sales service record of FIAT. But now they have come up with their own service network and it is expected to show nice service. Also punto's rear seat is a bit cramped for taller persons.

Also check for Renault Duster only if you like its look !!!

Happy buying

I dont think the Ford Ecosport is as spacious as it seems. Also if your 40% riding is on highway then you probably need a car that has excellent 100+ kmph handling and dynamics. Comfort, space and safety are your priorities.

Check out the Fiat Punto 90HP and Fiat Linea Emotion. I am enumerating some features of both of these cars as per your taste,

- Award winning diesel engine. Courtesy: Multijet Engine which powers swift, dzire, ertiga, ritz, indica vista and many more.

- Best in class handling

- Italian design

- Good ground clearance

But there is also a poor after sales service record of FIAT. But now they have come up with their own service network and it is expected to show nice service. Also punto's rear seat is a bit cramped for taller persons.

Happy buying

i have already owned a linea and boy was it a headache so no more fiats

as for the duster its bit out of my range so i have to think about it.

how about the rapid?

- Best in class handling

- Italian design

- Good ground clearance

Happy buying

After driving the Ecosport, i felt that it is no less stable on the highway than the Linea! The Ecosport is a very good highway car thanks to its great high speed ride and composure. Since it shares its chassis with the Fiesta, you can rest assured thatit is one of the most stable cars you could buy.

Ahadzza, the Rapid is a brilliant car with an amazing engine(diesel) and good ride and handling. You also get the tough build quality that comes with a Skoda and the interior quality and space is great too. It's a good highway car as it is very stable and has enough grunt and boasts good fuel economy as well. But the major problem is the Skoda service! It's quite frankly, horrible. I have a relative who bought a Skoda Rapid and he loves the car but he has been complaining about the after sales service ever since he bought it.

If you can look past the after sales service(which is difficult to do) you can go for the Rapid. Otherwise, in my opinion, stick to the Ecosport.

Dear Ahadzza,

Sorry to hear that. Your experience with Linea has been bad.

Skoda Rapid is a nice car......But compared to that Ecosport seems to be the perfect choice according to your requirements.

As suggested by AllanF, stick to the Ecosport.

Also it would be highly appreciable if you can post about your tough times with Linea.

Happy buying !!!

If you really want a highway car with safety feature and relatively accomodating service network within you budget....Ford Classic (aka old fiesta) is also a good option. But is old now that is one -ve.

hey eveyone im happy to annouce that my ecosport will delivered on sep 10.So thank you for all your help and if theres anything you need regarding the vehicle please feel free to ask

Dear Ahadzza,

Sorry to hear that. Your experience with Linea has been bad.

Skoda Rapid is a nice car......But compared to that Ecosport seems to be the perfect choice according to your requirements.

As suggested by AllanF, stick to the Ecosport.

Also it would be highly appreciable if you can post about your tough times with Linea.

Happy buying !!!

sure i will when i start a new thread on my ecosport

Great news and many congratulations in advance.

Do let me know the kind of money you are spending for your variant.

A break-up will be appreciated.

i have booked the titanium diesel variant in kinetic blue,the break will be posted soon

I suggest go for the Hyundai i20 asta diesel. Its a great car, with great space, legroom is just great and clearance is ok 168mm. But its not for the highways. If you are looking for highway driving then look for the Ford Ecosport. :)

its been a long time since ive updated this topic

sorry for the delay but my ownership report will soon be put up and it has a surprise for all the followers of this topic!!