Sign in to follow this  
krish-iitm

Car key Lost - What is the solution

Hi everybody,

I am presenting a peculiar problem. I lost my Alto Lxi (2006 model )car key. From the circumstances, I am sure that it is stolen though the intention of the stealer is not known. I have my duplicate key and I am using it for the last one month.

I have 2 options for the car's security

1. Change the complete lock set by MAS

2. Make a duplicate key and install a car security system with immobiser

Kindly advise on this --this is urgent..

Krish-itm

Get all the locks changed from Maruti, also since yours is the older model car so you can go to aftermarket shop and get them because your car may not come with i-Cats system (immoblizer).

Hello, Well - if you doubt that the key was stolen and not misplaced and you have not changed the lock of the car

So - my friend - your car is very much in vulnerable condition and can be stolen anytime - at your residence compound or at office

Ideally, You should get all locks changed. This is the best and most secure option. Though - will cost money around Rs. 3000, but you can have safe peace of mind.

Hi freinds

Thank to all of you for your advise. I got the lock set changed at Maruti Service Centre - It costed me Rs. 2,100.00

I am planning to install Autocop security system. It will cost me Rs. 3,000.00

Thanks everybody

krish

You should strictly get all locks replaced and get a new pair of key from authorised service station in order to abide by your car insurance policy and in case if your car get stolen then to claim insurance. Otherwise, in case of need, the insurance can not be claimed as this is one of the term that owner should have both the keys of the vehicle.