Ajit car crazy

Audi Q7 Seat problem

Hallo guys, again I am here for another issue. Ur helpful advice will help me greatly as I am hoping. Ok,let us come to the matter. Few days ago I did a trip of 400kms with my Q7. My parents sat in rear seats and I drove it all the day, I just love driving it. Sometime I even felt that going gets lot smoother and power delivery is fast & linear too in the new Q7. It really goes well smoothering bumps well,but main problem starts after covering 200 kms. My mom has a back problem,so she loves seating with full support to her back and also under the thigh with legs streched. Now it was a spacious cabin and when we stopped at a roadside restaurant for foods,she told me something she isn't feeling good,me & my dad got worried and after talking a while I figured out its the rear seat base causing the problem. Let me tell u an incident. I think u may remember my thread about buying the new A6,but i didnt buy it as it was short on rear seat thigh support. I really found it lacking in most Audi cars except A8l. Now in the Q7 it was not a big problem to ditch the car as in test driving we found its quite comfy considering its softer and well countered than my BMW. But on longer journeysit seems like the seat base in the 2nd row isn't sufficeint. Now I want u guys' help. Pls suggest me anything that I can do to solve this issue. Next month during Durga puja vacation we plan another long run with my new audi. So pls advise.

Thanks in advance.

Firstly if your mother is having the back problem, then try to get her seated at front seats most of the time you drive as undoubtedly front seats are the most comfiest.

If above stated isn't possible, then try to get her seated at the same seats with wearing seatbelts.

If still she's facing the problem with seat, then try to get it re-contoured by adding foam/cushion pad or a new set of well coushioned seat cover.

@dr_nishu. Thanks. The 3rd 1 u told can be done,but pls tell me where can I recounter my seats and add further foam or cushion to it? Is it possible to do it at Audi workshop by the dealer or is there any other expert brand for serving me in this case with a premium luxury suv

I presume that the age of your parents may be around 60-65; sitting for a long time with folded or half folded legs is not easy for any one in the old age, or even after 40. you should consider halting and having a body stretch after 70-80 Km. cushions could not help this situation.

@harikkuttan, thanks 4 the advice. but let me tell u we have some others cars too & my parents never have a problem with my Skoda Superb or even in my BMW 3er' while travelling long distances at a stretch of 450-500 kms. Superb is by far the most comfortable from the back seat so often my mom gets chauffeured in it. She find only cars like 7 series or S class to match her comfort needs thats currently fulfilled by the Superb V6 only. She is kinda blue blood lady with rich aromas around her not knowing much about the car techno and also doesn't want a car with quirky gadgets all around. That is why when I considered upgrading the Superb with a new f10 BMW 530d{of course I had intention in behind to burn the rubbers!!!!!} she after test driving the car didn't feel much excited about it. I found her always saying why a bimmer again?? I better thought to keep her with her 4 year old Superb and better we find a suv as mom wanted a true luxury 7 seater. She didn't even let me consider likes of Mercedes Ml or Audi Q5 or even BMW X5. We ended up getting the Q7 with all the loading on offer. I think increasing the seat base of the Q7 may solve this issue. So pls advise me where can I do it?

@dr_nishu. Thanks. The 3rd 1 u told can be done,but pls tell me where can I recounter my seats and add further foam or cushion to it? Is it possible to do it at Audi workshop by the dealer or is there any other expert brand for serving me in this case with a premium luxury suv

Go for any upholstery/seat cover shop as I think there are no electrical parts/circuits involved in its rear seats so after market fitment would not any warranty, probably. if you're still brand or quality concious then visit any branded seat cover retail outlet like stanley, etc or contact them via their website.

You may also try some seat massaging addons.

I have been using a couple of them regularly for years now on my touring vehicles.Clients seem to enjoy the massaging experience and somehow take turns to sit in the seat with the addon unit.

They can be strapped on and off , plugged in for use at home and in-car.

I bought 6 of these few years ago.

There is a company by the name OSIM.The product name is uRelax .It was a new company back then.

At that time i paid roughly around 15K each

Dont know current pricing though.

Yes, they are available online.

thanks guys,let me tall u that ransacking the whole Kolkata best I find is a shop in New Alipore. They are the only experts and distributors of Autoform, Stanley and other brands' leather covers & upholstery. I talked a lot to them. They give me some imported premium quality prdoucts' price quote,then I talked 2 my dealer & when I mention this process may need to remove the covering cloth of the seat,then dealer strictly says it may barr the warranty as my car has cutsom built 14 airbags in it under the seats. So, that may be a problem. At this moment,it seems that I can only go for normal fin leather covers which can be fitted without removing the original seat problem. I don't really know if it gona solve the problem or not. So,pls advise me there.

And @librankur, my mom has used it in our Tata Manza(now sold), but she didn't like it. So no chance to get any more of it

...... when I mention this process may need to remove the covering cloth of the seat,then dealer strictly says it may barr the warranty as my car has cutsom built 14 airbags in it under the seats. So, that may be a problem. At this moment,it seems that I can only go for normal fin leather covers which can be fitted without removing the original seat problem. I don't really know if it gona solve the problem or not. So,pls advise me there.

If the seats are having in-built airbags in it, then most probably you can even opt for after market or any other seat covers.

Do check the owner's manual of the car, before going in for such purchase/modification.

@dr_nishu, I don't wana get any aftermarket products except premium brands as others may look cheap in a Q7.

So autoform is the only brand considered and also their leather has heat reducing feature

Its not about brands, i'm here concerned about the seat covers or not !

Recent example, i've seen is the Ford Ecosport Titanium(O) variant which is having side airbags in its seats & ford don't recommends installing seat covers on it.

Don't know about Audi though, but make sure about this fact before settling in for the change.