Sign in to follow this  
nayakrs

Freelander 2 or audi Q5?

I was in the same dilemma like u few months ago & finally ended up buying the top variant Q7. Well, u did not mention ur budget and usage pattern. Is there any particular brand u have ur eyes on? Let me give u a brief idea. This compact luxury suv segment incld. Volvo XC60, BMW X3, Audi Q5, FL2. Well,if u plan only off roading and does not pay much mind on driving upright manners,then budget wise freelander makes sense. Also u can get td4 at much lower price but HSE variant will bring u more power & equipment. But I'ld advice not to buy it since luxury suv owners often take them off road,if u gona drive urself then others make more sense. Go for the BMW X3 if u love driving,also u got the 30d variant for rocket like performance. Q5 is for balanced & poised lifestyle, drives very well too. But 3.0 tdi with navi pack may cost u a bang,depending on ur budget u should wisely choose ur variant. Volvo,if there is dealer in ur city, give it a look. It is great vfm and also rare but keep in mind that it isnt as refined or as good to drive as others. But this will bring u excluvisity,, great safety. I for once was almost to buy the Q5. Also it is seemingly the overall best package in the segment. Go for 2.0 tdi if budget is obstrucking,otherwise v6 is a gem to go for. Supersmooth car. Also give a look at the Mercedes new ML250,great for comfort,great vfm and brand value.

As you will drive mostly in the city. I suggest you go for the Q5 between the two you listed. Exterior It carries a dashing personality with strong Audi persona. The engine performs splendidly and generates feral thrust. The ride is very smooth and scores over X3 and Freelander2. Ride quality is excellent and floats over the pothole with elan. Handling is superb. It is only for city driving conditions. Off road capabilities are very limited. And you have other options too. Merc ML250, BMW Q3 even you can look for the Q5 as budget is not a concern. Best of luck.

however if budget isn't really a problem then why not Q7? I got it & I know how it drives. I drove X5, Evoque & q5 too,but somehow Q7 makes u feel extra special and u feel like wow, your money is well spent on a car! It has great thrust. But if u r keen only to get hi performance suv then also Q5 3.0 is the only option there,but with all the bells & whistles it is not vfm. Q7 is better in all respect & don't 4get the huge presence,although some says it is hard to maneuver such a big car but once u get used to it, u will be just fine. I have driven it through some really congested & narrow streets. Otherwise Q5 is really a good car,but I rather suggest u pls td the cars before coming to conclusion,everyone has different thinking. So, td and find what suits u best

The FR2 is a better city buy because it has excellent visibility and the squarish dimension helps to know were each corner of the car exactly are. Also FR2 will be a little more exclusive than Q5 and if you take on off-road nothing can beat a FR in its segment.

Also its better to buy a Q3 than Q5 because it is more compact and the space for passenger is marginally smaller (boot is significantly smaller though) and the price point for Q3 is less.

Also if you want full size vehicle then the Q7 but then it should be compared to the X5 and GL . Also do TD the X3 because it is practical and the right size for 5+2 people in city driving.

Yes agree with rssh. That FR2 is better city than Q3. FR2's visibility is much better than Q3. You can also look at the Hyundai Santa Fe. Its very good for city driving. Space is just perfect. Features are great. It is offered with a 2.2L turbodiesel. :) :) :)