Prashantroxx

My new Arctic white Swift DZire ZXi

Got my new Swift DZire ZXi last month (sorry for posting this late :D)

In late June we found that another car was required for our local needs. The car would have been used by mom who's office is just 1 km away. So we focused on getting a petrol car. The cars infact the Hatches which we had in mind

1. Hyundai i20

i20 was a very capable car but was expensive even keeping the goodies the offer

2. VW Polo

Polo, a tough build car was our second option. No one except me liked the cars looks so the idea was dropped

3. Nissan Micra

Micra was a good car but my uncle owns a sunny, and the brake and build quality issue put it down

In these three cars, we chose to go for i20 Sportz Line in 1.2 kappa petrol

But later, when my dad saw the expensive price tag, he told me to search for sedans as he can go more for a sedan.

The choices in the segment were

1. Honda Amaze

This car was a very efficient car with a promising engine. The car was very loud and the interior quality and looks were extremely cheap

2. Toyota Etios

My dad travels to our office in a Etios cab and liked the car because of its large boot and spacious interiors. But the taxi operator told that the car was the worst car he ever got from toyota's stable. Plus the visible cost cutting let it down

So the last car was Swift DZire

This car was the one which everyone liked. The only problem was the small boot but lived with that :) the car has got the best interiors in the segment and was better build than compitation

While booking, my dad thought to took the car to his office which was 50km one way. So we got confused either to go for VDi or ZXi. ZXi was around 20000 cheaper and had all the accessories. And even if we would have chosen the VDi trim, we would have got alloys which cost 20000-30000. So finally decided to go for ZXi

Delivery period:

The waiting period was a week or two but we delayed the delivery due to some reasons.

Hospitality:

The people there at the showroom were very friendly and treated us well (in fact better than BMW's :P)

The D-Day

Some of the pics at the delivery are attached :)

Will write more about the first month service :)

post-40744-0-86258400-1379948878_thumb.j

post-40744-0-51900400-1379949543_thumb.j

Congratulations on your Swift Dzire ZXi. White is a very pleasing colour and a hit on the Swift Dzire. Do post more pictures. Wish you may kms of happy motoring. Drive safe.

Thanks! All cars till date we have bought are in white. White is the colour which looks good from a Nano to a Bimmer. And white cars have got more resale value too!

Congrats Prashantroxx for your swift dzire zxi. The white colour looks perfect with the dzire. Do post more pics and driving experience of your Swift Dzire ZXi

Thanks! All cars till date we have bought are in white. White is the colour which looks good from a Nano to a Bimmer. And white cars have got more resale value too!

Yes you are right White colour looks stunning on every cars.

Welcome one more Dzire on this forum home.

@Prashant:

Congrats alot for buying the new Dzire ZXi.

Even i owns Dzire ZDi since last June & undoubtedly its great car to drive with superb interiors, comfort & fuel efficiency.

I know, might drive less, but do update with fuel efficiency.

Welcome one more Dzire on this forum home.

@Prashant:

Congrats alot for buying the new Dzire ZXi.

Even i owns Dzire ZDi since last June & undoubtedly its great car to drive with superb interiors, comfort & fuel efficiency.

I know, might drive less, but do update with fuel efficiency.

Thanks! And i have read your review too! And got the same accident like yours. On the fifteenth day broke the driver side rear view mirror but got it repaired just for ₹300 :D

Yes update the FE of you car. :) :)

I got 10.5 kmpl in the last 20 days and it will increase with time. And as our previous car was diesel, we cant make the sound of the engine and drive it over 4000 rpm till we notice that :P so that has also dropped the mileage of the car

Many congratulations

Dzire was the first choice always and still going strong and Top variants should be always be the first picks.

I have myself swayed a lot of my friends to buy a Dzire who were initially inclined to buy a hatch.

Congrats.

well i also own a swift. its a zxi version( JUNE 2012 model) . the car is good. for some audiophile the audio system is brilliant as you don't need a subwoofer installation into the car. The car's main factor is the highly efficient engine it has under the bonnet. currently the car is giving me a 15.4kmpl in the city . and in highways 16-17. 16000km driven. Do remember one thing it usually takes a year to cross the 14.5 kmpl mark and you have to be very patient with it. the performance of the car has also been changed. with heavy suspension the car do gives a goood performance but you won't be feeling any bit of it because of good suspension. it is like driving a fiat uno or punto. TYou know i have easily outshined an ecosport some days back and killing an underpowered i20 is a piece of cake. yes for diesel swift, the planning and way tackling them is different.

the bad part of the car is the pathetic brakes( same for swift and dzire). the brakes are brilliant when u r at high speed but when u r driving in first gear especially during traffic the car's brake response is very late and the brake pedal becomes hard. its basically the bit computer problem of the car as it switches off the ABS working with the brakes and for switches on after one or some times fraction of seconds. initially when i was unaware of this problem i did banged the front bumper alot .Please don't worry. this problem was the manufacturing defect that maruti first ignored it but after so many complaints from the customers, They accepted. they just have to retune the bit computer box.

Congrats prashantroxx for your new Swift dzire. :D

Many congratulations

Dzire was the first choice always and still going strong and Top variants should be always be the first picks.

I have myself swayed a lot of my friends to buy a Dzire who were initially inclined to buy a hatch.

Thanks and my dad infact can go for a segment down but will go for the top end version just because they offer more equipment and safety :)

Congrats.

well i also own a swift. its a zxi version( JUNE 2012 model) . the car is good. for some audiophile the audio system is brilliant as you don't need a subwoofer installation into the car. The car's main factor is the highly efficient engine it has under the bonnet. currently the car is giving me a 15.4kmpl in the city . and in highways 16-17. 16000km driven. Do remember one thing it usually takes a year to cross the 14.5 kmpl mark and you have to be very patient with it. the performance of the car has also been changed. with heavy suspension the car do gives a goood performance but you won't be feeling any bit of it because of good suspension. it is like driving a fiat uno or punto. TYou know i have easily outshined an ecosport some days back and killing an underpowered i20 is a piece of cake. yes for diesel swift, the planning and way tackling them is different.

the bad part of the car is the pathetic brakes( same for swift and dzire). the brakes are brilliant when u r at high speed but when u r driving in first gear especially during traffic the car's brake response is very late and the brake pedal becomes hard. its basically the bit computer problem of the car as it switches off the ABS working with the brakes and for switches on after one or some times fraction of seconds. initially when i was unaware of this problem i did banged the front bumper alot .Please don't worry. this problem was the manufacturing defect that maruti first ignored it but after so many complaints from the customers, They accepted. they just have to retune the bit computer box.

Thanks! But i found the brakes ok for a car of this size. I found that the rear speakers dont have base at all. I am planing to install some 6x9 speakers in the boot so it will become a 8 speaker sound system. The front speakers, can blow u away when the bass drops :P but till now, it has been a good experience :D

Thanks! And i have read your review too! And got the same accident like yours. On the fifteenth day broke the driver side rear view mirror but got it repaired just for ₹300 :D

Yours case might involved lesser number of parts involved in damage. In my case, whole ORVM assembly was damaged, which as per MASC involved Rs.5000 but my brainstorming sessions & aftermarket sourcing of parts reduced the cost to lesser one.

Yours case might involved lesser number of parts involved in damage. In my case, whole ORVM assembly was damaged, which as per MASC involved Rs.5000 but my brainstorming sessions & aftermarket sourcing of parts reduced the cost to lesser one.

At the time of impact, i was doing around 25-30kmph and the scooter driver hit the rear view mirror, and the mirror came out and stricked the driver side window. The mirror got deep scratched and the ovrm go broken from inside. The guy there did a jugaad and it worked our :D. The only thing is now the i have to adjust it manually. I may replace it later coz it is our first sedan/notchback and driving a suv before, i dont have idea about the cars lenght. Changing from and suv to a small sedan is a big deal.........