Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Mystery Volkswagen Vento test mule spotted. What could it be?

Here are pictures of a Vento test mule spotted testing on road. The car is brand new and covered in tape but the noticible part is that the badges have been covered as well and there are two badges on the botton side of the boot. Could this be the Vento GT TSI which is said to launch soon? Or there is a possibility of it being a CNG variant since the front grille does not have the GT monicker

Any guesses?

post-7692-0-03622100-1380619177_thumb.jppost-7692-0-17729800-1380619182_thumb.jppost-7692-0-41137800-1380619187_thumb.jppost-7692-0-41137800-1380619187_thumb.jp

Pics source: Indianautosblog

Looks like a new Hybrid from VW especially looks at the low drag wheels and taped panel-gaps :D

Its the new GT-Tsi AT I have seen them running on Mumbai-Pune expressway often nowadays almost every manufacturer tests their vehicle for highway here itself.

They sure can come up with a performance sedan.. but I'm not expecting VW to spend on something which will hardly sell... a petrol performance sedan?

How many of TJets do we see on roads? I can give the benefit of doubt to the FIAT AfSS but something which is bound to return poor economy AND land well into the diesel sedan prices does not seem to be a well thought placement.

It seems to be the GT TSI variant. Notice the tapes on the bottom of the boot lid, they may be hiding the "GT" and "TSI" logos.

Also the stripes and the in the front grilles are covered by tapes. All that I can hope is that they are painted RED, as in the GTI models sold abroad. :D

Why couldn't VW just use a normal Vento and test it w/o the GT Tsi stickers ? It saves money and nobody will notice if its a testing mule. No matter how big an engine (2.0lt D can fit here) you put in the Vento people will want great FE with price around 12 lakhs top end D. VW is going the TATA way by getting many varient of the same car and confusing the buyer and the Sales folks at the dealership.

Why couldn't VW just use a normal Vento and test it w/o the GT Tsi stickers ? It saves money and nobody will notice if its a testing mule.

Just to charge the audience & enthusiasts for the new variants & to create the excitement amongst them, by spy shots, etc.