This car purchase hunt started around 3 months ago, when our beloved Ritz ( 2009 model ) started to give us niggles that makes me and my father annoyed, so when I was asking him that I want to make all these changes to Ritzy, he suggested that we get a new car for city running instead.
I agreed instantly with him and we started our car hunt.
Our budget was around 8 Lakhs Max. and we were looking at a compact car for city running.
Options considered were :
4) XUV ( for brief while )
Firstly coming to its test drive, well even before testing it, my father said that this is THE CAR to go for
And when I drove it, I absolutely fell in love with it
The Positives of Amaze were :
1) Beautiful Engine ( non-existent turbo lag as compared to DDis)
2) Looks cute
3) Good view of corners of road from inside the car
4) Compact so very easy to manouvre
5) Good Boot space for the size of the car
6) Rear seats were really comfortable and spacious
7) Priced really competitively as compared to the competition
8) Honda snob value
9) Low maintenance cost
10) Terrific mileage of 18-19 kmpl in city and 23-24 in highways
the list may continue further but I may stop here
Disadvantages of Amaze as I found were
1) Cabin shake when starting or Stopping the car
2) Dull Dashboard
3) Small fuel tank ( only 35L )
4) Low seating position, might be slightly uncomfortable to get in/out
Overall, I was pretty satisfied with what Amaze offered for the money it asked
Next was Dzire, well it was a good car but my father said that this is a really common car nowadays and also the rear seat + Boot were cramped in comparison to Amaze so it went out
Then we test drove Etios, it is a capable car no doubt, but I just could not digest that dashboard and the exterior looks of that car, so it was again out
Lastly we tried our hand on XUV500 as well and were quite impressed with this car as an overall package, but for city running this car due to its dimensions, might be a pain to maintain and run.
So long story cut short, we got our amazing cutie Cherry Red Amaze home and I am loving every moment with it, hopefully will share many fun travelogues and longer run experiences with this beast with you all !
1 pic only right now, sorry for bad picture quality, when I get time ( soon ) I will post more and better pictures
Thanks for taking time out, more to follow