Future is driven by Sustainable practice.
India’s effort towards a Sustainable Living environment is finally taking a realistic outlook with Government initiatives on curbing air pollution becoming stringent with the activation of several reforms and laws that can secure a Green future for everyone.
With the replacement of coal-fired power plants with renewable energy sources and the introduction of several policies for keeping a tab on the air quality, the urgency for e-mobility has never looked so much important before.
According to the 2019 World Air Quality Report, 17 Indian cities rank among the world’s 25 most polluted cities, to safeguard the future Government has implemented steps towards a cleaner environment with strong policies related to the transportation department.
The transport minister has stated that India would adapt and move to 100% electric cars by the year 2030 in consonance with the National Electric Mobility Mission Plan presented by India empowering electric vehicles that meet customer performance and cost possibilities through collaboration among Government and different industries for the improvement of infrastructure, consumer awareness, and innovation to progress the future of EV Two Wheeler and Four Wheeler market on the sector.
The complete adoption of EV will lead to a healthier environment due to their beneficial factors:
· EV’s are environment Friendly with Zero Carbon emissions
· Help in upholding health benefits with reduced harmful exhaust emissions
· EVs are also quieter than petrol/diesel vehicles, which means less noise pollution
· Enabling Energy Security with reduction of dependency on foreign oil. EVs are easy to power from local and renewable energy sources
· EVs improve local air quality by centralizing emissions at power plants, and they are more efficient overall than vehicles powered by fossil fuels
· EV Charging advances Sustainability Charging stations can run on renewable energy to keep pushing down emissions and electricity costs related to charging.
Following the Leap:
As e-mobility strengthens its root in the Indian landscape and increase in Government reforms are visible:
1. India plans to offer $4.6 billion in incentives to companies setting up advanced battery manufacturing facilities as it seeks to promote the use of electric vehicles and cut down its dependence on oil.
2. India plans to retain its import tax rate of 5% for certain types of batteries, including batteries for electric vehicles, until 2022 but will increase it to 15% thereafter to promote local manufacturing.
3. Launch of Smart Cities program for enabling the adoption of EV and other e-mobility options, and EV charging and parking bays.
4. The 2020 National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) proposed by the Department of Heavy Industries in 2012 set its goal to encourage the faster adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles in the country through government-industry collaborations, to allow India to emerge as a leader in EV manufacturing by 2020.
As EV adoption takes a faster pace in the mobility sector, quicker approach in assembling the components to establish the charging solutions is the need of the hour and must be acted upon on an immediate basis. As the manufacturers of lithium batteries increase day by day with established EV battery providers switching to lithium instead of lead-acid for backup support, many newcomers in the industry are setting up their assets for entering the highly competitive market with the best product.
VSL Energy Storage located in Kolkata is one among the many manufacturers of EV Batteries, who are all set to launch their first Lithium-ion batteries for EV 2 Wheelers and 3 Wheelers which will be equipped with the latest chemistries and technological advancements required in the field.VSL Energy Storage