cars4life

Pics: Maruti Swift with Suzuki diesel engine, Start/ Stop button and Cruise control spotted testing

Here are some pictures of an updated Swift with a few extra features. There is an engine Start Stop button which until now has not been offered even on the top-end ZXi/ZDi models. The Swifts in Europe have that option but we only had the key start till now.

post-7828-0-07498700-1380974363_thumb.jp

There are also buttons on the right side of the steering wheel which are buttons for cruise control for sure. The current Swift has Audio controls on the left side of the steering wheel.

The drivers side door handle also has the keyless entry button, something which is found on the i20 and the Micra. Looks like Maruti is ready to match up to its competitors now.

post-7828-0-50498200-1380974372_thumb.jp

If you notice the sensors on the roof these could point towards Maruti testing a brand new diesel motor for the Swift but nothing is clear as of now.

post-7828-0-39310800-1380974381_thumb.jppost-7828-0-39310800-1380974381_thumb.jp

Let see when this new Swift could be launched. It could come in early next year because the current Swift has been around for 2 years now

Pics Source: Team BHP

I really fail to understand why the European spec model gets such premium features and Indian spec model does not!!

I mean.. Its not like Maruti Suzuki cannot provide those same premium features here!

The reason might be that they are already selling in such huge numbers here in our market, that they don't feel the need to make such premium features available in order to attract more customers!!

I really don't feel the need of an upgrade. But i think upgrading the current with such premium features will boost its sales though it would be a bit more pricey.

see the rear view mirrors don't have blinkers! and I saw a pic on autocars Facebook page which had drls like I20 they look awesome on this car

I think those DRLs were of a modified Swift.

Yeah.. a petrol RS with the 1.4 of the Ertiga or the 1.6 from the SX4 and the 90 bhp 1.3 MJD.. sell those in limited editions and it will create a wave in the market.. Maruti has the access to create such special editions thanks to its engines they already have in their existing range.

I just don't get it why they do not do this. Punto has a 90 bhp, Tata has come with a D90.. (the Swift 75 BHP outperforms both in a drag race man!) Imagine what would happen if Swift comes with a 90 bhp option!

Not sure of any petrol takers given the prices.. but a diesel is not a bad option.

As far as this model goes, I guess this will also come with the DRLs from the European spec model. Pretty bad I'd say.. just the inverse of the i20.. and equally fat.. a straight line sleek one would have looked much much better.

Just few features addition with re-speccing its variants can give it another lease of life.

Features desperately needed in Swift(or even in DZire) are;

-Bluetooth enabled Music System or probably needed is ICE with Navigation/Smart Multimedia interface.

-Leather wrapped steering wheel(ZXi/ZDi variants).

-Better-premium interiors(maybe Black-Grey combo will work & keep it differentiated from Black-Beige of DZire/Ertiga).

-Start-stop button(can be skiped though).

-DRLs offcourse, which is a trend nowadays.

-Better color combination Instrument cluster lighting, than monochromatic one.

Being a part of variant rejigg, most importantly Swift & Dzire needs is ABS across its variant range(atleast Diesel one) & Driver side Airbag across all its variant range. As Swift in India probably have achieved its breakeven point, so its already a profitable brand for Maruti Suzuki & these changes might not prove much expensive for Maruti Suzuki & can give brand a mid-life boost & returns to MSIL than to add other useless features like Cruise control or else.

All this can give MSIL the power to fight the rising competition these days.

DRLs are present on the recently facelifted european swift so they should make it to India too. the keyless entry and start stop are welcome features but surely cruise control is useless in Indian traffic. instead they should replace it with some other feature like a sunroof or gps navigation which will be more useful

A new diesel engine is unlikely since suzuki doesnt have its own diesel engine

Hope the Suzuzki swift Sport makes it here though...

This model seems to have a bluetooth enabled audio system,see the steering for the extra set of buttons.Maruti could have changed the instrument cluster with the one which is available in the japanese and uk spec models.

From what i can see from the brochure of the new swift the indian models don 't have the DRL's of the EU Swift and instead they have beeen replaced with a chrome strip

Wonder what the reason could be?

It can't be too costly since most Indian bikes and scooters have LEDs and it genuinely makes the car more attractive. I remember seeing a lot of i20 s with DRLs when the old model had that option

Was very suprised when Hyundai didn't offer them on the new model

If u ask me we should get the new 5 door Swift Sport

post-5337-0-08698400-1414204089_thumb.jp