monaco

If petrol was 70 and diesel 60

Guys just wondering what would be the indian car scene if diesel came to rs.60/lt. and petrol rs.70/lt. Honda sales would be crazy with more brio, city and cr-v on roads than micra, sunny and fortuner. Camry, teana and accord would again start making sense than A4, c class and 3 series. There would be a new mix of cars to see on the indian roads. What say, was just sharing a thought.

Even at existing Rs.50-80, Petrol car makes more sense if one drives below 500/600kms per month, beyond that Diesel cars does makes sense considering;

-Rising fuel prices every fortnight,

-Price difference between consecutive petrol & diesel variants of a car.

-Rising Loan/EMI & interest rates.

The scene nowadays is that if you've owned a Diesel car 1.5-2 years ago, then its cheaper to drive now, else buying a Diesel car now proves too expensive for an average Indian family.

Interesting topic...I must say.

However, I can not be more agree to Nishu as it all depends on how much drive you do in a monthly basis. No matter if the difference in price is 20 Rs, 10 Rs or 5Rs. It all makes sense if who ever is willing to buy a new car first analyze carefully about his/her monthly running.

For a low running car needs, it is always going to make more sense if the buyer goes with Petrol however, if your running is on the higher side then it has to be Diesel.

Some people, like myself, like driving petrol cars more than diesel cars. Diesel cars come with more torque and most people like having that much torque at their disposal. That's why Indians love diesels so much. But for the average enthusiast, the power delivery and rev-loving nature of a petrol engine gives a kind of joy that is hard to beat. I think this personal view matters more than running costs while making a buying decision (atleast in my opinion). I own a petrol Ford Fiesta and this was what made me choose the petrol car.

Well said, Allan.

Somehow, i'd rate rev-happy nature of petrol engine more than Gruff-ness of torquey diesel engine, in the long-run.

And that affects the stress level & fatigue after long-run also, where petrols score better i'd say.

Probably that's also the reason why enthusiasts are always called 'Petrolheads'.

Interesting topic...I must say.

However, I can not be more agree to Nishu as it all depends on how much drive you do in a monthly basis. No matter if the difference in price is 20 Rs, 10 Rs or 5Rs. It all makes sense if who ever is willing to buy a new car first analyze carefully about his/her monthly running.

I'm referring to an Average Indian family running not a proper business man's running or driving for business needs.