Sign in to follow this  
lxtreme

SPIED: Is Hyundai testing Grand i10 Automatic??

Hot-on-the-wire-news this morning is that Hyundai India is still testing its Grand i10. The surprising part is that the car still continues to be camouflaged, even after the launch on the 3rd day of last month.post-50467-0-68524900-1381415115.jpg

Frankly, we have been confused by the latest spy images. They were captured by a

Team-BHP member irdevanand at Porur in Chennai. The vehicle carried a red registration plate, and was covered up in camouflage in bits and pieces. Roof rails and alloy wheels were absent, hence we assume it was a lower-end trim that was on test. One can also see that the integrated turn indicators are absent.

What is Hyundai testing on the car after the launch?? If we are to speculate, the only thing that comes to our minds is the possibility of an Automatic transmission. Hyundai has already indicated during its launch that Grand i10 Automatic will soon make its way to our shores within a few months.

And if this indeed is the Automatic Grand i10, there appears to be a possibility of Hyundai considering launching it in lesser trim/trims as well going by the test mule we have in pics. Grand i10 Automatic will come with the same 1.2L petrol engine that does duty on the current Grand i10.

.post-50467-0-95631100-1381415342.jpgpost-50467-0-52009800-1381415355.jpg