Sign in to follow this  
BonFre

3D Mats & powerful Bulbs

The original Mats that came with my Corolla lasted well & good, only the driver side mat is gone from the heel area. So planning to change to 3D mats. Lot of varieties available in the market at various prices. So suggest me some good 3D mats..

Also the stock bulbs are good for the City, not so much on the highways. Therefore looking for an upgrade that doesn't need any wiring change & does not spoil the reflectors. Also which one should be chosen, White light or regular Yellow ? Basically I want that the highways should be lit as a day! :D

I suggest you check the LetsModify 3D Car Foot Mats

Features

• 100% Protection:
    3D design with professional equipment to perfectly match each vehicle application providing total protection.
  • 100% Durable:
    Unique KAGU texture surface. Strong, durable and wear resistant. Scrapes snow and mud off your shoes instantly. Rigid and won’t deform over time.
  • 100% Dirt proof:
    Prevents mud, snow, water, or grease from dirtying your car interior.
  • 100% Safe:
    Anti skid bottom layer prevents the mat from sliding and provides the ultimate safety.
  • 100% Environmentally Friendly:
    Manufactured with environmentally friendly materials that are non toxic, odorless, and sound isolating.

And I think you should go for the White light which will provide better visibility on the highways than yellows. And 55w should be ideal.

Hope I helped. :)

Thanks, so "letsModify" looks like a good brand. How much are these priced & any link for the same ?

Regarding Lights, yeah I've seen cars with White light bulbs really lighting up the highways. Though have heard that during foggy conditions or rains, this type of light disperses a lot & visibility could be an issue. So ideally what Im looking for is great visibility during most weather conditions.

Will have to check the wattage of O.E. bulbs. Philips & Osram have a range to choose from, will enquire about 55W.

For the corolla you need philips rally 100W rally bulb and get a cutout with harness you can fit this in the high beam reflector but check if the reflector condition is good because they might discolour in 5 years of high wattage use. I think you can fit HID bulbs in the low beam and fog lamp (they cost around 2.5k for pair off ebay.com and they are of great quality).

About 3D mats all I can say is that they look and function great but they wear out faster than rubber mats.

Thanks, so "letsModify" looks like a good brand. How much are these priced & any link for the same ?

Regarding Lights, yeah I've seen cars with White light bulbs really lighting up the highways. Though have heard that during foggy conditions or rains, this type of light disperses a lot & visibility could be an issue. So ideally what Im looking for is great visibility during most weather conditions.

Will have to check the wattage of O.E. bulbs. Philips & Osram have a range to choose from, will enquire about 55W.

Letsmodify 3D mats costs around Rs.7000 and its a good brand.And regarding lights, as rssh said HID for the low beams and fog lights. :)

For the corolla you need philips rally 100W rally bulb and get a cutout with harness you can fit this in the high beam reflector but check if the reflector condition is good because they might discolour in 5 years of high wattage use. I think you can fit HID bulbs in the low beam and fog lamp

Ideally I did not want the cutout setup, more comfortable with something that can fit the OE setup. Therefore no extra load on the battery & no fiddling with the electricals.

As of now the reflectors condition is perfect, don't want to ruin those too!

What I can also do is install HID in the fog lamps slot adjadent to the air dams.

Letsmodify 3D mats costs around Rs.7000 and its a good brand.And regarding lights, as rssh said HID for the low beams and fog lights. :)

Yeah checked them out, typically not spending more than 3-4k on a set of Mats. At the end of the day they are darn Mats only! :D

I would suggest you to go for Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs(55/60W) for the headlights. Perfectly suits your requirement.

Advantages:

Direct fit (no electrical modifications required)

Draws same current from battery

Slightly whiter light( not pure white)(typically yellow)

Slightly Slim construction enables longer throw of light

Long life

No heat related issues or reflector problems

Disadvantages:

Cost Around Rs. 1200 per pair

For the Fog Lamps HID is a good choice.

Such combinations are becoming very popular.

If your budget is 3-k the try STAR MATS from Sai mag wheels. :)

Looks good, will check out.

I would suggest you to go for Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs(55/60W) for the headlights. Perfectly suits your requirement.

Disadvantages:

Cost Around Rs. 1200 per pair

For the Fog Lamps HID is a good choice.

Such combinations are becoming very popular.

These bulbs perfectly fit the requirements. Any idea on candle power or Lumens ?

Im ready to spend on Lights because these are integral safety devices.

HID will cost how much ?

get some drls too! they will look cool!

Focus on purpose than show! ;)

Ya BonFre, Star Mats are really very good.

Yes will checkout these.

The extra promising with 80%+ headlamp is a bit hyped ,my stock i20 headlamp were really poor, I upgraded to philips Xtreme vision bulb and only noticed about 10-20% more visibility. But after 2 months I put Philips Rally 100W with cutout and they provided almost 75% more vision and they will cost 1200 buck with bulb and cut-out wereas the Xtreme vision cost themselves around 1200. I got my HIDs for 2500 with shipping (approx 10 days). If I may I will provide you the link of the seller in ebay. They have HIDs which fit even different kinds of bulb types like H27 which are used in the fog lamps ,so its just plug and play.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/whatwears-de

Looks good, will check out.

These bulbs perfectly fit the requirements. Any idea on candle power or Lumens ?

Im ready to spend on Lights because these are integral safety devices.

HID will cost how much ?

Focus on purpose than show! ;)

Yes will checkout these.

Those bulbs have same rating like stock bulbs(both 60/55W). I could not find Lumen rating anywhere. So you can hardly notice any difference in light output. I had mentioned its advantages earlier. It is the good design from philips which gives 10-20% more noticeable output. No doubt about their reliability.

Apart from this if you need a powerful light then Philips Rally (130/100W) will serve your purpose. For this you may need to do relay wiring(again which you would not like to do). They will heat up the reflectors reducing their life and they draw huge current from battery. These can easily blind the oncoming traffiic on highbeam (imagine its a 130W).

HIDs (again) need a wiring modifications. Sometimes not reliable. It can blind the oncoming traffic easily. Legally they are supposed to be used with proper xenon projectors.

Moreover you can avoid all this and stick to stock bulbs till their life ends. you know Colgate toothpaste sometimes do wonders. Use it to clean your transparent reflector glass. :D

You definately need a 100W in high beam (I have them on my car since 3 years reflector is still good), also corolla had HIDs for lower-beam lamp as OE in top end varient itself (its legal to have HIDs w/o projector in low beams) so you can get that or buy from ebay. Keep the fog lamps as stock and if its not sufficient only them buy HIDs for it.

The original Mats that came with my Corolla lasted well & good, only the driver side mat is gone from the heel area. So planning to change to 3D mats. Lot of varieties available in the market at various prices. So suggest me some good 3D mats..

Also the stock bulbs are good for the City, not so much on the highways. Therefore looking for an upgrade that doesn't need any wiring change & does not spoil the reflectors. Also which one should be chosen, White light or regular Yellow ? Basically I want that the highways should be lit as a day! :D

Regarding mats, better is to search the local car accessory market first. Find out the brand, looks which suits your car then you can hunt across the web, else you can hunt at Snapdeal, they provide good products at good prices.

Regarding headlight bulbs.

If your car is older than 3 years, the best thing recommended is changing the reflectors & bulbs with new stock setup.

Since the reflectors are more towards their end of life, then just for a chance the experiement can be done is changing the stock bulbs with 100W nightbreaker bulbs.

If they can do their duty for even a year or 2 even by damaging the reflector, its a good option as you can replace the entire units later on with a stock setup.

Choice is yours.

Yes I will check out Mats locally.

As of now the stock reflectors are in top nick. I will upgrade bulbs. But what Im considering is what wattage & combo to use! Whether to use White light or regular Halogens. Suggestions for HID have also been made. So Im keeping all options open...

Whether to use White light or regular Halogens. Suggestions for HID have also been made. So Im keeping all options open...

Go for 100W Halogens. Don't use white bulbs, they never provide good visibility in full darkness & during foggy mornings(coming in few weeks in North India) they're of no use.

Yellow light providing halogens are the best, else HIDs or Projector setups.

Never go for HID is high beam w/o projector , you won't see anything (really bad especially in rains) because the focus won't be as good as normal halogen and you will blind others.

Go for 100W Halogens. Don't use white bulbs, they never provide good visibility in full darkness & during foggy mornings(coming in few weeks in North India) they're of no use

Will check out bright halogens locally. Yes we do need good lighting in foggy & rainy conditions.

Never go for HID is high beam w/o projector , you won't see anything (really bad especially in rains) because the focus won't be as good as normal halogen and you will blind others.

Ok, so HID without Projector setup are not good. Can projector setup be custom done ?

Don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

You can go for projector in any beam(high,log or fog) and all projectors are custom done as Altis never came with projector shroud. Don't go above 4300k (ideal is 4000k it has a yellow tinge). But a good projector setup cost 18-20k with 35W bulbs, ballast and wirings.