Sign in to follow this  
h3mzshaw

TVS Wego Stalls while in motion

Hey Guys,

I need some help. My TVS Wego has clocked 7200 KMS on Odometer, and will be a year old in 3 days from today.

Off late, I started to face this strange problem with my Wego - it stalls while in motion. Once, it stalled on the Mumbai-Vashi bridge while I was overtaking a tanker and I narrowly avoided collision with the car coming from behind, thanks to its driver.

I checked with the TVS Service center (Ujjwal Motors, Dombivli) and they said they are not aware of such issues and they will have to ride it to check. So I gave it for checking and also asked for servicing.

They called me saying that they tried riding my Wego for long distance however they didnt face similar issue and hence unable to detect the problem.

I just got my bike yesterday from service center and today the problems again started happening, this time with increased frequency. I went to service center again, they asked me ride with one of their mechanics tomorrow so that they can see this in action.

I am planning a trip to Igatpuri on 26th of this month and I of course do not want my Wego to behave the way it behaves now.

Any experts here could help me identifying what could be the problem?

I am still looking for a solution to this problem. The service center in my area has failed to detect the problem, I may check some other service center but it will be a bit of a trouble. Any body can help?

Check all the electrical system and clean the fuel tank by a professional (may be deposits due to adultrated fuel might clog it). Better visit your local mechanic first and get the scooter checked first hand.

Servicing your scooter is just easy. Please go through the owners manual,follow the steps given to clean air filter etc.May be carburettor (especially fuel nozzles) may be clogged. Check for bleed jet screw also.Get it adjusted properly.

It can be due to fuel starvation (reset carburater) or poor fuel quality, also check the air filter because I don't trust the service centre would have cleaned it.

Yes.I want to share my experience. Once I have entered in a service centre in our city anyhow. I saw that a mechanic just opened a silencer assembly of Apache.That mechanic went for some other work.Another mechanic near that assembly spitted in that silencer.When the mechanic who opened that silencer came & blindly reassembled the silencer & refitted it.

@h3mzshaw: you should first take the scooter to local mechanics, somehow the service center guys have not done the right job. Take complete examination of carburater, tank, air filter, fuel filter and replace fuel with fuel from other than your normal filling station.