freakyskull

Mahindra Scorpio Facelift Spied: Full Spy Shots inside

The Scorpio has been around for long time and has undergone quite a few changes including engines. Since Mahindra said there will be no new vehicle to hit the market before 2016, looks like they will be giving existing products a makeover. Here are a couple of pis of a Scorpio testing with camo. The front seems to be disguised as well as the tail gate. Looks like the significant changes would be happening in these two areas. Would be interesting to know what improvents would go into the facelifted Scorpio. Here are the pics

post-9757-0-37800500-1378121397_thumb.jppost-9757-0-92848800-1378121399.jpg

Source: Team BHP

The dimensions look to be similar. There is an evident bulge on the front bonnet. The back door looks caved-in.

One thing all the Scorpio lovers would want M&M to improve upon ergonomics in front and middle row. Also the suspension needs to be fine-balanced for a smoother and non-bumpy ride. They basically need to increase comfort level for long journeys. The Gear shift is not as smooth as one would like, . And of course the quality of plastics.

Scorpio is very much there, M&M needs to work upon the finer aspects and it could still continue to be there bread and butter, till they bring in completely new products.

Think they are taking cues from XUV, hope they don't give a similar leopard mustache! This was actually time for an all new Scorpio but being MM, one can expect slow response. Also they would not want to screw up on design because Scorpio is their better selling vehicle.

Im not expecting interior space changes because of the platform constraints & not much improvements on Ride & Handling part too, again blame it on the chassis & platform.

There have been reports that M&M has no new product till 2015 so we can see these facelifts to take space up untill then.

The issues with the Scorpio run deeper than which could be ironed out by these minor metal work jobs , they have surely added the XUVs rear door to this one and may be doing a similar thing with its front.

They may also give a XUV type centre console to buy some time for themselves before the whole new platform comes in.

Personally , The plastics are a major issue with the Scorpio (even pointed out in a previous post here) , i am facing these issues myself , every now and then something keeps falling off, luckily i have an Automatic so no gearing issues .

The electricals are another cause of concern , i have myself gotten replaced many electrical components , latest one being headlights (HIGH BEAM on both the headlights fused in one go)

The Voice Alerts also functions on and off.

Strange as it may seem , another thing i noticed is that the instrument cluster in AT variants comes without the CRIUSE indicator light , this though can be found in lower variants , still waiting for an official reply on this .

The Tyre pressure monitor system has failed quite often to be trusted anymore.

Also there are is no MID, giving distance to empty , running average , so thats why i am hoping for a XUV like centre console with a large touch screen interface will be a welcome touch.

The ride quality is that of a rocking boat , anything kept on the empty seats , finds itself on the vehicles floor mats at the end of the journey , its that bumpy. Even if its as flat as a file folder or your tablet.

Luckily i am still covered under warranty but the frequent trips to the workshop take a toll on you, Also having an extended warranty on this vehicles works in your favour. .

Seriously hoping these are dummy headlights are just for the testing phase.

No XUV like styling seen here , atleast till this stage.

Hoping they dont screw with the front design much , personally speaking , whatever small sales number it has is due to its aggressive front looks.

It looks like a slight revision to the bumper ,headlamp, alloy wheels ,tail gate (may be this time openable like a hatch) and rear lights.

Hope they make is more like the Scorpio 1st gen coz the current one is ugly with all sort of horizontal and vetical lines.

The key thing that M&M has to work upon is the placements of the A/C vents. Keeping them low down the knee is not very effective, like in any other SUV or MUV, a roof mounted A/C would be more effective and would also free up lil bit of space in the middle row. The dash also needs to be revised as its currently looks very dated and bland..

It looks like a slight revision to the bumper ,headlamp, alloy wheels ,tail gate (may be this time openable like a hatch) and rear lights.

Tailgate like a hatch seems unlikely, and if they do so it will be cumbersome with the height of Scorpio.

The headlights look like (of course dummy) old generation Tata Sumo !! I am sure they are only for testing purpose.

Completely changing dashboard is a time consuming process, so it is very unlikely that they will do so if the launch is sometime in mid or end 2014, as it might backfire if the testing and validation is not enough. We can expect some minor tweaks in the centre console. As pointed out by librankur, the electricals and electronics can be problematic, have found so on my cousin's Scorpio.

Scorpio from outside and inside gives totally different feel. As soon as you enter the cabin, you somehow dont get that feel good factor, which you get from its macho exteriors. I am not talking about plush interiors or hi-tech features, but may be with my 5.10' height I feel cramped in every seat, whether driver, co-driver, middle row, cant expect much from the last row and i think it is at par with other competition.

The current 2.2 ltr engine is very good, has decent power and torque for highway cruising as well as city driving. It is just the bumpy ride that spoils the fun. I have traveled extensively in the middle row of both Scorpio and Safari Dicor, the comfort level in the middle row of Safari is far better and probably unmatched compared to any other SUV / MPV in that price range.

The Scorpio platform is a decade old now, and so some inherent problems would remain. May be they should think about a Scorpio replacement on Monocoque platform (XUV's platform with different top hat). Or develop a completely new chassis-ladder platform if they want to make an off-roader.

The competition has slowly but surely started coming in India. Currently M&M is enjoying a good run because there are no real direct competitors to Bolero and Scorpio in the market. The going would become tough even if one such vehicle gets launched which would storm the market (like Duster, Ertiga and now Ecosport)

It looks like small twicks wtih bumpers, a new wrap-around headlamps (looking at the headlight room available in the front), an XUV like rear door, i think this should all we can expect this time from M&M.

Meanwhile , Mahindra launches Limited Edition Scorpio

They seem to be feeling the heat ,Leather package is somewhat like they give on their struggling Xylo.Personally , would have liked it without any increase in price .

Source:

m.autocarindia.com/Article.aspx?CIID=356145&type=News

A mailer from Motorbash now puts the date of the All New Scorpio to be around 2017-2018 , there is also a list of other expected launches.

source :

motorbash.com/mahindra-upcoming-uvs-in-india-s101-scorpio/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Motorbash+%28MotorBash%2CFind+everything+related+to+rolling+wheels+here..%21%29

Yes , the rear looks different in these pics.

The XUV's rear impressions are hard to see here.

Whats gets me curious is the additional stop lamp mounted ,seen through the rear windshield,when they have a stop lamp in the spoiler .

A clear indication that the rear door is a swap job of some sorts .

The rear door looks of some other vehicle fitted on the test vehicle. I get the feeling whatever significant changes they will make to the exterior body panels will be restricted to front only.

Overall I feel the Scorpio will get a new face which will be sleeker and more in-line with present day Mahindra models such as the XUV500.

Hope this is the last update to the Scorpio before an all-new model comes.

So now it seems to be final that only facial expressions are going to change for Scorpios point of view. I still be positive about having wrap around headlamps likewise XUV5oo. This would make it better looking SUV.

new spyshot of the 2015 Mahindra Scorpio facelift out in the open courtesy MotorBeam.com. It had donned some camouflage upfront. Mahindra has kept all of us guessing with those old-school round headlamps. In this latest shot, the SUV is wearing Xylo’s front bumper!

post-50467-0-79432600-1381995818_thumb.j

post-50467-0-15993500-1381995890_thumb.j

I dont think so testing this minor update is necessary. The mechanicals of the car are unchanged so no need to test it like that! They have got some temporary lights and the front grill is revised and is visible

The grill seems to be from the new bolero. Also I think they will be upgrading the mechanicals too.

Yes, The grill looks to be the bolero's.

I dont think so testing this minor update is necessary. The mechanicals of the car are unchanged so no need to test it like that! They have got some temporary lights and the front grill is revised and is visible

There will be changes in the mechanicals too. But they aren't revealed yet.

Threads Merged: Please search before creating new Topics.

Next time I will be careful. Thanks :D.