freakyskull

Mahindra Scorpio Facelift Spied: Full Spy Shots inside

For me, the so-called camouflage on Scorpio looks nothing but stupid.

Scorpio has been known to every motorist since donkey years. Just

a few square feet of plastic can not cover anything.

But, in the first place, why use this stupid camouflage ? What is that

they are going to cover ? It appears that they are going to change

'only a bit here and a bit there'. If that is so, why this hungama ?

Just remember, how many variants of Ambassador and Premier/Fiat

cars we had over decades ? Did they ever used any plastic stickers

and sheets to cover `whatever they changed' in those models ?

By the way, does any member know whether the car companies can

use such distracting and gaudy camouflage on a newly registered

(read a red, temp regn plate) car ? What the RTA rules say in this

regard ? Any idea on this ?

As can be speculated from the pics, this time it's going to be a major facelift for Mahindra Scorpio which includes almost all the plastic/vinyl/fibre parts reworked & facelifted, like;

-All new front bumper with new Airdam & redesigned headlamps. IMHO, this time there would an addition of LED parking lamps & projector headlamps.

-Highly reworked & redesigned dashboard with all new meter console(including LCD display MID) & new center console with all-new music system.

-Reworked Tail-gate with prominent central curvy element, similar to XUV500.

This time tail-lights also seems to be redesigned with re-arranged indicator elements.

But, in the first place, why use this stupid camouflage ? What is that

they are going to cover ? It appears that they are going to change

'only a bit here and a bit there'. If that is so, why this hungama ?

By the way, does any member know whether the car companies can

use such distracting and gaudy camouflage on a newly registered

(read a red, temp regn plate) car ? What the RTA rules say in this

regard ? Any idea on this ?

Probably to hide these new designed bodypart lines, manufacturers test this way.

This reworked elements needs testing just to check their reliability so that they don't fall apart while in real world working.

Agree with Dr Nishu here.

I also think the Scorpio will get blackened headlamps and a completely new tail lamp cluster. They'd go away with the tall lights from the current version and replace them with new smaller ones. These ones are just to comply with the RTA norms to make a car road worthy.

From the photos posted up here, I can spot an entirely new dash - ala Xylo, a multi-information display like the XUV and a lot of goodies too..

Headlamps have surely changed. We can see the indicators come to the inner end of the grille. Can see a high beam barrel and can hope to have projectors for the low beam - at least on the top variant.

Don't think the Scorpio can accommodate a 3rd row seating. It'll still carry the regular side facing seats.

Should be a car to look forward to.

Any word on the launch date?

These are probably spy shots of comprehensive face-lift of Scorpio.

Somehow get the feeling that this will be more subtle in terms of styling then the current aggressive looking Scorpio. May be they could have tried to increase the wheel base thereby allocating more space to all the three cramped rows. I am sure they are working on suspension, to fine tune it for better ride quality. .

I have driven some Scorpios extensively, except the latest mHawk and my main concern was the boat-like suspension which is quite irritating. The high speed manners are alarming as well, which is a shame, because it renders the brilliant and peppy engine virtually useless. I hope Mahindra addresses this one first before they do anything else. Apparently it's a family disease, and I was not surprised at the yo-yo suspension of the Xylo when I had a ride in it.

I think the main fault is in the architecture as these cars are so top heavy. They don't seem to find the right balance between a soft low speed ride and high speed stability, although they had even heavyweights like Lotus to do the job. Anyway, kudos to Mahindra for its R&D, I don't know of any other vehicle in India that has been consistently improved and refined so much compared to the initial one.

A replacement for the Scorpio is much anticipated, because few companies can match Mahindra for its legendary reliability and low cost of ownership. And the fact is that Scorpios are recognised around the world (although they aren't exactly popular), and it feels quite good to see a genuine Indian vehicle on a foreign land!

Much improved, but clearly showing its age. I think the mHawk version was the most comprehensive upgrade so far. They do need to bring in the all-new version soon, but this model could still sell for some more years, which is probably what Mahindra is thinking.

Too good update for a decade old car. I specially liked the snout-y treatment given to the central front grille & below it part.

Headlamps, dashboard, front bumper, bonnet & tailgate are all-new. Central Intercooler scoop is also all-new with mesh design associated with it & is relocated too, towards the front grille.

Interiors too seems to featuring new modern look, to take head on the competition in its own way with its distinct feel.

Yes, there were reports of a Bosch Gearbox for the AT Variant. I would be more interested if they did some work on the suspension.

Looks like the test vehicle is getting its Tyres mended.

The instrument cluster looks interesting , now i am dying to see how the new front and rear lights look.

Has a sculpted steering wheel.. and interesting colors on the interiors. Nice alloys too...

The instrument cluster looks fantastic.. This kinda sneak-peeks are just adding to the excitement to see what the final product will look like.

They've done a good job so far to keep it under wraps.. literally.

Mahindra Scorpio facelift to get upmarket interiors: Spy shots

The Mahindra Scorpio SUV is going to receive a substantial styling update later this year, and the updated exterior has been spied while testing earlier, revealing tweaks to the headlights and front and rear bumpers. However, now we’ve got our hands on a new set of spy images sent by Vishnu Kallil which, for the first time, reveal the updated Scorpio’s all-new dashboard and other interior updates.

post-67-0-70583500-1399234849.jpg

A huge effort appears to have been made in moving away from the basic, utilitarian interior of the old Scorpio to a more upmarket one. Although the rather upright dashboard and tall gearlever betray its decade-old origins, the detailing is all-new and the overall colour scheme is now a restrained beige and black, with some light brown trim as well. Gone are the oval AC vents, replaced by smart-looking, chrome-lined rectangular units on a piano-black base. A prominent “Scorpio” badge now sits below the left AC vent, and there are twin gloveboxes in place of the tough grab handle previously placed ahead of the front passenger.

A big screen takes centre-stage on the centre console and it’s expected to handle all infotainment duties, possibly including satellite navigation and the display for a rear-view camera. The AC knobs are also all-new and look quite similar to the ones from the XUV500; the top variants may also get automatic climate control.

The new centre console looks less cluttered and much better integrated with the dashboard. A big change is that the power-window switches have now moved to the doors from the dash (which has also resulted in the grab handle being removed from the driver’s side door). The gear knob is also new and looks more premium than the square-shaped one from before. Mahindra has also added a 12v socket just beside the gear knob in the new Scorpio.

post-67-0-79950900-1399234852.jpg

The updated Scorpio’s steering wheel has been borrowed from the XUV500, and comes with a number of controls on it. There’s an all-new instrument panel as well, with twin dials in a futuristic-looking housing, and a new multi-info display sitting prominently between them. The rest of the switchgear looks carried over from the current model.

The Scorpio facelift is expected to be launched later this year and you can expect it to come with a slight bump in price.

-Autocar India.