Itsmedivine555

Solitaire Honda (mumbai) Vandalized My Brand New ANHC

Think twice before you give your car to Solitaire Honda (Mumbai) They have destroyed the enitre dashboard of my brand new car.

This is how they returned my car after their free service. This cant be fixed, they have tried all cleaning solutions on it.

And its not just me who is troubled by these guys, check the following links for their history.

Post Edited: External Links removed.

post-54306-0-39695200-1382206490_thumb.j

post-54306-0-17229900-1382206499.jpg

post-54306-0-08263000-1382206509_thumb.j

post-54306-0-68289600-1382206519_thumb.j

Welcome to the Autocar India Forum!!

Well I just saw the images of damage done to your car's dashboard. It looks as if it would've been caused by a few droplets of some harmful (maybe corrosive) chemical, but i don't have the slightest idea as to what might have actually caused it.

Did you have a word with the mechanic in-charge of your vehicle or the head of that service centre? I am sure you would have!!

I want to know what their response was. What according to them was the cause of this damage?

Have they atleast taken responsibility for the damage done?

I think in free service Honda polishes the dashboard and may be the person who polish might have used the wrong bottle (with harmful chemicals) . I have see service person reusing empty bottle and fill them with diesel and varnish when I was doing touch ups in my car. I think the guy who polished the dashboard might have used the same in low light because the dot on the dashboard resemble putting polish on surface before on rubbing it.

I think in free service Honda polishes the dashboard and may be the person who polish might have used the wrong bottle (with harmful chemicals) . I have see service person reusing empty bottle and fill them with diesel and varnish when I was doing touch ups in my car. I think the guy who polished the dashboard might have used the same in low light because the dot on the dashboard resemble putting polish on surface before on rubbing it.

Yes, They might have used some harmful chemical. I think you should replace it.

yaa that may be the reason. But the problem is, if he will replace the dash board, the fitting may not be perfect and some gaps will be there. do inspect agter replacing it :-)

Sorry to see this state of affairs more so because till date I have had good experiences with Solitaire. Infact I make it a point to be beside my car during service. There is one gentleman named Mr. Anwar at the Borivali workshop. I suggest you have a word with him

@Itsmedivine555:

Being a customer you have the right to get the best job done for your hard-earned money.

As for the damaged dash, do not settle for anything less than a full replacement or if they dont do it, write an email complaint to higher level authorities in Honda and if need be, do not hesitate to go even in consumer forum.

Thats too bad for a brand like honda.

Do let us know how you settled.

I believe the dealer should offer to replace the dashboard for you or at least get those spots fixed..