adi1991

Honda CRV 2.0 (Initial impression added)

Anyone knows about the new crv???.... like mielage..... perfromance...... and all...... and 2.0 is quite a smaller engine............. so will it be powerfull enough????..... like can you still do a little bit off-roading???......  i think the car would lighter because of a smaller engine.... will it help in more power???.... and there is no plan to upgrade this in the near future??.... they upgraded the accord in just 1 yr... nothing like that???......

is CRV still the best???.... our it would be thrown out whit captiva... endavour... santa fe and outlander in the market???

Note From Admin: Please take the time and effort to post in the correct sections. You have been on the forum long enough to know all this.
FuelRunGod2008-02-11 10:49:25

and ya i am getting pajero and CRV2.0 for exactly the same cost...... as i can get pajero from CSD so thats why i am getting it cheaper while CRV is not available..... so which one is better????.... CRV only?..... and ya if 2.4 for way better than this one????... there diff. of more than a lakh between them.... the diff is

engine2.4

4x4

sun roof

6cd-changer

Hey adi chill CR-V 2.0lt has 75% booking a dealers here they will arrive monthly through shipment so you got to wait also its economical, enough power and will appeal more for city commute .Its better buy but will be only 1.5lakhs less considering you pay 24Lakhs for 2.4LT.

Hi Adi, must preview the new soft roaders like Captiva from GM and the Mitsibushi Outlander, CRV has performed well the India and abroad,you see a lot of them in the US,for India they have a 2 ltr version.

If you enjoy the torque filled drive of a diesel wait for the new comers and if you want the immediate zipping power look no further than the 2.4 CRV.

the crv is one of the best vehicles u have at present,but its a little of too much of those...consider the captiva(interiors,looks and drive)or the endavour(rugged looks,new engine)....happy choosingsmiley1.gif

The CRV 2.0 is sold in the Far East and I have seen them. I think its fine for city use but it again depends on you, if you are power hungry or not.

Honda will always sell in India better than Ford, Chevrolet and Hyundai if the price difference is not much.

If you are buying a car for 20lakhs another 1.5 lakhs for a bigger and powerful engine is not much. I suggest you buy the 2.4.

Iam sorry if you came in expecting me to have written a review...My apologies..

I started this thread so that any of u my friends who have driven it/owns/have test drived could give a good insight of the CRV2.0

i asked for a test drive and was told to wait till feb end!!!!!smiley19.gif

and we are gonna book the CRV2.0 by Feb end!!!!(good or bad but have settled with that carsmiley2.gif)

Hope someone gives a complete review of this Honda productsmiley10.gif

Note From Admin: A review will come soon.
FuelRunGod2008-02-11 10:52:37

Initial Impressions

Drove around the 2.0 litre CR-V. It is definately more efficient. The engine as expected is silky smooth all the way to its redline of 6700rpm which is 200rpm more than the 2.4 litre engine.

There isn't any change apart from the engine and the omission of the all-wheel drive system which frankly wasn't of much use. So the end result is, it is more efficient than the 2.4, thanks to the loss of the AWD running gear and a smaller engine.

The engine is slightly less powerful than the 2.4, but don't let it fool you into thinking that this CRV is slow. It isn't, 0-100 in around 11.xx seconds. The bottom end is good, the engine picks up cleanly from as low as 1000rpm. But the midrange isn't very impressive. You have to really give the motor the stick to perform.

Six speed gearbox works well with the 2.0, and in the city the fuel efficiency that could be expected is around 8.5kpl. Wait till the highway figures are calculated after testing.

Thats all for now.

FRG
FuelRunGod2008-02-13 15:24:17

after 2 months of searching for the right car..................... i have finally got it.....

It's the honda crv 2.0

Feel the Rev..........

Black colour..........

well beign the first person to drive it.............. it was quite dificult and scary on the delhi roads................. cause you won't like to see a scratch on you new car now would you.................. well the car is amazing...............

And with this after three consecutive diesels i am back to petrol..............

Well the sad part............. as i wanted it to get it fast i bought one with a few accesories......... costing some 40k............

including

side running steps

exaust finish

door step metal gaurd

chrome finsh fog lamps

to be serious i don't think they are really worth 40k....... but what to do....

well any way i am real happy with the 17" beast..............smiley15.gif

well some one can call gurkha and tell him this............ probably he feels better i got something else rather than a skoda............smiley36.gif

by the way............ its really spacious and comfortable both as for the driver and back seat passenger............. will try to write a review after a while......

something different i found in this..................... the gear is totally in front as in there is actually space between the gear and parking brake..... good when swifting drivers inside the car................ the parking break is cool to looks somewhat like a auto transmission

and the rear seats can somewhat be reclined too....................

hmmm......... so the rear seats are 4-way manually adjustable............ with 3 headrest............... and can easily be folded for keeping large items in the boot.......

the blue light which comes on automatically of the speedometer is real cool.....

and the sun glass cum conversion mirror is another style statment........

there is dual climatic control

ABS with EBD

dual SRS airbags

6 speakers music system with Aux in and controls on the steering wheel

8-way power adjustable driver seat with lumbur support

6-speed manual gear box

will add more as i explore the car.................

specially as the honda guy knew nothing about it........smiley36.gif

ya you must check out the CAPTIVA 

why should he check out the Captiva? he has got the best in class CRV2.0... so its better not to suggest anything else coz there is really not anything else

Cool man but 2.4lt would have been better and also a better value than 2.0lt as its roughly 1.5lakhs expensive and has more accessories and 4wd .2.0lt shouldn't have been priced so high .The only down fall is the FE which is marginal .

i had seen captiva too................ didn't like it...............

and about the 2.4 one............. it may sound 1/5 times more cc but it isn't that great........... this one is more refinned.............. well atleast it suits me cause i am mainly buying it for city driving...........

new discovery in the carsmiley23.gif

the 4 bulb real powerful halogen headlight isn't blue(xenon) even a bit (as shown in there brochure)........

any one knows how much the following accessiories cost?

side foot step running

chrome finish exaust

fog lamp chrome garnish

door step metal gaurd

and can chrome door handles?........ and are they available with honda dealers?