adi1991

Honda CRV 2.0 (Initial impression added)

Congrats on your new car..This is a great car..Even we are planning to buy SUV this year or so but its Petrol engine with low FE is kind of stopping us from buying this so waiting for some new SUV's with diesel or we liked Captiva so if nothing launches we will buy that...

The crome handles are not provided by the company in any model of CRV right...so dont get it fitted it will look cheap...whatever company does we should not that beyond that ..ya a heavy modification is another thing..

Adi  gr8!!!!

i too will be gettin the New CRV2.0 Beast Next Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Man excited abt the car!!!!I didnt test drive it...My dad did it....he was more than happy abt the car....

How is the Mileage for the new CRV???

hoping to get 9-10km/l in city....as less powered engine than older CRV...

me getting a Silver colored one...M/T.....dunno abt the accessories...iam out of station and i think Dad would hav made it to the minimum:-( ....

Any way Will be back home next week to Vrroooom off in the Beast!!!!

Me just enquiring abt DVD Player/LCD screens for the car....Heard the car comes with Alpine Cd player/4 alpine speakers...

@mani234 it come with Manual only smiley36.gif, tell me a good reason why 2.0lt is a better package than 2.4lt except FE

no 4X4 ,no 6 din player not enough mid range grunt and no silver splashes on the steering (one can check if its a 2.0lt or 2.4lt by looking at this) no A/T can b understood but only 1.25lakhs less .I say come on Honda caught you all because they knew that this is the one people will opt for.

anyway i wud say 4WD doesnt make sense as i Rarely go for off road drive!!!

and also i wud change the alpine HU to a Mp3/Dvd one...

and am fine with or without silver splash  on steering(doesnt make any diff....well atleast for me...)...And it has better mileage than the 2.4 version

But rssh u hav a pt there...Its on the costlier side...Maybe it shud hav been priced b/w 15-17lacs

Congratulations Adi! Though I still think you should have got the 2.4 with all the goodies.

If you want to spend money on accessories, first upsize the rims and tyres, it will change the look of the car and make it more sporty.

CRV is best as it is...It is not adviceable to change tyres or to do other major modification on this type of such a good car..

Why is it not adviceable to change stock tyres?? If you know what you are doing then you can do anything to a car.

HERE IS A ADVICE TO ALL OWNERS/BUYERS OF NEW SECOND HAND CARS

HONDA SIEL INDIA HAS PATHETIC SALES/SERVICE....... AND I HAD SEEN THIS POINT BEEN RAISED ON  THE FORUM CLAIMING HONDA/JAPENESE CARS TO HAVE GOOD SERVICE....

TO THE ONES BUYING NEW CARS... DON'T BE FOOLED

TO THE ONE SAYING THIS..... SHUT UP

This is not be confused with me saying honda has bad cars............. my exp so far with the CRV has been realllyyyyyyyyyyyy goooooooooooooood

not to mention they make dam good looking cars

but this is india........... people working here are same who are working with skoda or maruti.

and why i say this?

I went to Ace honda noida cause they only had a ready delivery crv 2.0 available all over delhi.

I reach there see the car......... check the pricelist........ tell them to get the car ready............. when i was giving the final bill............... afetr 3 hours it was 35,000 more

on asking why they said the car had accessries............... i told them to take it out they said they can't........... told them to call a senior person they said they can't....

and i had to gift the car to my sis than even who was coming downfrm londonso i payed them the money.

and out of the accessries the most stupind thing is a pathetic looking side step runer on which bhangis climb on every red light for 30,000 alone which i can get for 2,000 outside...............

and if i had paid 60,000 more i would have got a

2.4 ENGINE

SUN ROOF

6-DIN PLAYER

CHROME DOOR HANDLES

SILVER STERING WWHELL

I complaint in honda one-to0one and its been more than 12 days no reply.

AND I WAS NOT ASKING ANY REFUND JUST TO TAKE THIS 30,000 sh*t OUT AND GIVE ME A VOUCHER FOR 10,000 FOR WHICH I CAN GET ACCESRIES OF MY CHOICE...... TO MUCH TO ASK?

SO MY EXP..... HONDA SERVICE IS PATHETIC

Then why did you pay extra 35k for your sis could have been given a delayed surprise as she couldn't have minded .I say don't buy 2.0lt anyone the 2.4lt has more value for little more money but FE can be frustrating..

Nowadays no company provides that much good services n ya the human being working in any company are almost the same....but before the companies were replying for good but nowadays all have become the same SHAMELESS!!!

k.....so now that i am over with thoose accessiories and all......

lets move to the car

2.0 from outside is exaclty the same as the 2.4 just that the new now also has a sun-roof and has chrome door handles.

step inside it and first thing you notice is that the silver steering trim is black and the 6 din cd changer is replaced with a single one but as good looking as the previous ones.

driving the car apart from the engine difference there is another one, between the steering, the 2.0 has ESP while 2.4 has a hydruallic one.

Apart from this the CR-v is all the same.

8-way power adjustable driver seat, electronically retractable side view mirrors, the rear seats having a 40:20:40 split are also 4 way adjustable.

The car has two trip meters, with mileage and range indicator which are quite accurate. Dual A/C and a single cd changer gets the centre console space with a integrated centre console gear. Not to mention it's a 6 speed gear box.

The acceleration in city is enough and on the highway no matter what speed you take it on it never vibrate (well atleast till 190...... thats the max the car has gone till now). Highway driving really becomes easy with the powerfull 4 bulb headlamps including the halogen lamps in addittion to that you also get the fog lamps which might look small but are powerfull.

Mileage on the highway was around 11.

But city was only 6........ though this is extra urban mumbai...... but thats only a days reading (but a 100km trip)........ lets see if it gets any better...... i wonder what 2.4 must have giving in these condition.

fuel in money consumed delhi-mumbai (1500km):- rs. 7,500

fuel consumed in mumbai(120km):- rs. 1000

and now for the rating............ a full 10/10............ well till now i have found nothing bad about this car which can go against it... so there you go......

adi19912008-04-12 04:47:41

and ya there is this query the car requires 91 roz petrol.................. so what should i put normal petrol only?......... or speed and all would be of any good?

and that 91 octane petrol in any way means 91 roz?

and one more thing when ever i press the brakes real hard there is this thumping sound (and i can feel that too).... why is that so?

and whenever i get in some pot holes at high speed there is this tadak sound like something got hit...... and the strange thing it comes from somewhere just above the tyre................. is this normal?

i guess u must che out the auto transmission version..,even if sometimes u get to kno the shock ups sound..,trust me u wl neva come accross gear shifts sounds. they r really smooth..

pajero is kinda bulky n gives rugged luk..

???????????? gear shift???????? who said anythin abt gear shift????????

please read the post properly before answering............. there is no problem with the gear shift.......................

and check out the auto???...... there is no auto in 2.0 and by the way i already bought it............ so it's not which car but why is this in this car,,,,,,,,,,