Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Renault Nissan Alliance and Mitsubishi join hands. Will this revive Mitsubishi in India?

post-7692-0-59251200-1383720669.jpg

The latest news is that the Renault Nissan Alliance and Mitsubishi have joined hand to work on new projects together. Link to the news piece here on ACI.

As we know Mitsubishi has hardly any presence in the Indian market now after they pulled out most of their products from the shelves. Could this joint venture changed the fortunes of the Japanese giant in India? Will they come up with new products for the Indian market?

Lets have your opinion

If this is true for India as well. It wont be far where we may see a rebadged-Sunny as a Lancer for India or say something like a rebadged Duster or Terrano sold as Mitsubishi SUV.

Globally speaking. Mitsubishi is going the suzuki way by using other cars and selling them as theirs. Suzuki did this in the USA with the Verona which was a re-badged Daewoo and Forenza which was a re-badged Chevy Optra. Yes the same one that was sold in INdia as a chevy was also available in USA as an Suzuki!

"Rescue mission for Mitsubishi" as I would call it! Purely from an Indian perspective, Mitsu will only gain by taking advantage of Renault-Nissans vast dealer & after-sales network. Selling rebadged Renault-Nissan products may not be in Mitsus best interests. While the same(Rebadged Mitsu products) would be a boon for Renault-Nissan.

From a Global POV, all the 3 organisations stand to gain, lets see how the alliance takes advantage of the situation!

I'm least interested for anything associated with 'Mitsubishi', except reading SUVs & Engine Oils.

Why such a capable company is quiescent for everything, even for such a biggest developing market like India, from which they can operate to various global markets also. Why keeping a mum over the segments for which they're having tailor-made products, like hatchback & notchback cars.

Really they're lacking for the massive opportunities now, atleast here for India.

Why such a capable company is quiescent for everything, even for such a biggest developing market like India, from which they can operate to various global markets also. Why keeping a mum over the segments for which they're having tailor-made products, like hatchback & notchback cars.

Absolutely. I still believe there cars / SUVs are aspirational but sheer lack of focus has taken them nowhere in Indian market.

I do not think it going to give much benefit in short term to Mitsu, neither i think they would be able to rebadge Renault/Nissan products as their and it does not make much sense also. Scala does not sell as much as Sunny and same applies to Pulse.

So looking at this equation, I have strong doubts on the plan such as selling Sunny as Lancer.

Overall, I think Mitsu will gain access to bigger dealership network from this JV.