Sign in to follow this  
harikkuttan

true value Fiat

Dear all

I want to sell off my Punto due to poor service in Indore (MP). My budjet for a new car is underlined by her 1.style; 2. service after sales; 3.Competency, sincereness, value for money in service.

4. More options of Local service centres; 5. Vehicle pickup facility for service. 6. Rigidity of drive and Sturdyness of the car. 7. Fuel economy (that doesn't exploit Bharat( India); (most of the cars running abroad have a better fuel economy than the cars running in India; I request more posts for this fact)

8. Value for Money and Passion of the quality that we hold in our heart for the car

I writes with a sheafer having a passion for waterman and lamy

I loves the efficiency of a chinese hero pen also.

Kindly help me as soon as possible

I would suggest that you stick with a Maruti Suzuki in that case. A new Swift would serve the purpose just fine and would check all the boxes mentioned by you above.

As suggested by Hersch, Maruti Suzuki is the best option for you. If you need little bit of boot space, then go for dezire otherwise swift is fine. Though Maruti service is no more cheap, it is available almost at doorstep. Cabin Quality is also improved. But I do not know whether new cabin is free of rattling noises. I have used three Marutis. 800, WagonR and RITZ but all were prone to rattling. Rattle goes for 500 kms after every servicing but again appears. Owners of current models may comment upon it.

Maruti Suzuki will be the best option for you. Swift will fit as per your requirements. And a little more boot space - then go for Dzire. And if not from Maruti Suzuki, Then Hyundai i10 grand or i20 and Toyota amaze is a good option.

Or the best thing to do ??? wait till mid 2014 and be one among the first to get your hands on the all new Honda jazz diesel..!! Trust me it will not disappoint you :) coming to swift , I own a 2011 swift zdi, its a world class product .But it should be noted that maruthi is looking for replacing the model as early as 2017 . So you would like to mind that as well !!

Thank u for the replies( though very few)

Frankly, I don't like the looks of Maruti Suzuki( Except Esteem), Hyundai(Except Getz) and Tata cars

when I bought Punto, there was only three models left for my options 1. Hyundai Getz 2.Chevrolet Aveo uva, and Fiat Punto. Getz and Uva were under the fear of geting obsolete.

Really I am fedup with the servicing of my car and bike( yamaha). In Indore(MP.) It is not only with the case of Fiat, nearly service of all workshops are similar. Kindly post your good and bad experiences with your service centres. Jazz is out of market. But I admire its configuration. It has to be optimized for Indian market.What is the exchange policy of Honda, can you help please. India has become a dumping place for foriegn inefficient cars. Is it due to the poor quality of petrolium in India or the foriegn car manfacturers are exploiting us.

Regarding service, Maruthi Suzuki should be the best in India as far as i have experienced. So buy a Maruthi and don’t worry about the Maintenance !!

And please do note that the previous generation Jazz is out of market. But the next generation has already been launched in Japan and has created a sensation. (check the pics in Auto car )

And coming to poor quality of cars, i do agree with that because i have heard people saying that the Honda city of India and that of Singapore has significant changes in the quality of interiors. And I can also say that it happens for almost all the cars!!

Regarding exchange policy of Honda, I don't have enough knowledge. But i can say that it's better not to expect exchange policy for a newly launched product until and unless the market is really bad!

Love driving?? Go for Swift or wait for the Jazz ;):)

Most welcome :)

Eco sport is nothing but a Hatch back with high ground clearance and with a design which will have lovers as well as haters!!

Coming to performance there is nothing path breaking or nothing that makes it stand out from other cars.

But the Eco- boost engine seems to be a revolutionary engine worldwide and so the price tag :) So, practically speaking, We need to treat Eco sport as a hatch back with SUV looks. :)

Performance wise, I will put my money on the New Honda Jazz !

So its your call finally !

I can understand the problem with the service centre regarding FIAT since they are moving to standalone service stations. But you can always service you vehicle via local mechanics its really not rocket science and parts can be ordered online check out this website dedicated to FIAT India

http://www.99rpm.com/?gclid=CJuq7oKz8roCFSgB4godBEAAZw

It has all the accidental and service parts of every fiat sold in India.