Sign in to follow this  
kravireddy

Nissan Terrano - Locking Glitch

Hello All!

I've had the new Nissan Terrano XV Premium (D) for over 3 weeks now and really like the vehicle a lot. The only glitch i found in the car (apart from several niggles highlighted in Autocar's review) is that the car does not lock itself automatically while being driven. I followed the step-by-step instructions in the manual and even took it to the Nissan dealership who expressed their inability since all Terranos delivered thus far have the same problem. They just don't lock automatically while the car is in motion! I even reported the same on Nissan's service call.

I request Autocar to follow up with Nissan so that this issue may be fixed for all Terranos to give a complete peace of mind in not worrying about whether the doors are locked or not!!!

Cheers!

Ravi Reddy

In my opinion, locking running cars isn't a good idea. In India, our roads aren't in the best shape and seldomcare about road discipline and hence, risk of an accident is more. In the event of an accident, if the driver is rendered unconscious upon impact, it would be easier for the rescur workers to get the driver out if the doors are unlocked. So, I don't think you should see this as a major problem. Now if you would get peace of mind only if your doors are locked, then a simple push of a button will do it. Most of the cars don't have the auto lock feature beCause of various practical and safety reasons. I hope you can bare with this minor glitch. If not, I think Nissan will be happy to help you.

Hi ,

Just my opinion, this is not a minor glitch as per the standards being maintained in today's cars. And speaking about road conditions even an S- Class is not safe in India.

And moreover the safety of the co-passengers when the doors doesn't get locked automatically is at stake. So pull up the Nissan people and get the issue solved.

Hi Ravi Reddy,

I own an XL Plus (D) for past 3 months and have clocked @ 7K+ KM, there is a setting (I'm sure you\service center must have tried) which you need to do to auto lock your doors, mine locks perfectly after the car crosess 7KM\Hr speed without fail. There is certainly some glitch with the small lock button on your car dashboard. Strange that the dealer says that it's a problem with all Terrano's, did you try on any other Terrano?

To add on Nissan has another safety feature, you can open the front passenger and driver door even though it is locked either manually or automatically. Try it out! :) So in case of an accident you are sure both front doors will open from inside even though locked.

Thanks!

Bhupesh