Bodyshell - Hatch

City/Highway split - 180:0

Max No.of Passangers - __4___ most of the time its just me or someone with me

Boot space Importance - low

Usage by - normal.....but i go on a lot of joyrides

Ownership - city

Safety - medium

Prime requirement -

i require a car that performs well in the city. power is something i care a lot about. the handling needs to be great and it needs to look good to say the least. i would like a car with a great resale value because i plan on selling it in 12 or 18 months.the back seats dont need to be really great.

Softcorner'd Manufacturer - i considered the brio and the i10 a lot but i was informed that neither of these cars have a good resale value. so i'm back to the start. i was hoping you could suggest some cars and if i liked what they had to offer i would test drive them. i'm looking to buy within about 2 weeks at the latest

Buy the brio it is the most powerful and good handler in its segment. Resale value of all petrol vehicle isn't great in the market currently, also nowadays Honda has free insurance and extended warrenty on the Brio and you can bargain for more discounts.

Both i10 and Brio are good options, but i would suggest you to also consider the Swift. Its a nice zippy car to drive.

For an expert opinion, Aoutocar India has its own ADVICE section!!

Link: http://www.autocarin...ce/Default.aspx

Please do post your query there!!

we already own a swift dzire...that was why i wasnt looking into it too much

and i will...thank you for the info

Since you plan to resell the car in 12-18 months time i suggest consider buying a pre-worshipped car.

This way you don't have to shell out too much and also the depreciation on reselling will be quite less compared to new car.

You should get very good deals in market for Petrol cars.

Swift should be the first choice followed by i20 (not great on handling though).

hi

if its a petrol your looking for i suggest the swift because its the best petrol hatchback ive driven at the given price range and do you fancy a used car?

i wouldnt want to take a used car.

my first car was a used car and it was not a good experience

Considering your needs for this buy, you should pick either of these three options - Brio, Swift, Grand i10. All of these in petrol and usage does not justify a diesel heart.

Secondly, I would suggest pick Swift as you are looking to resale it in just 1 to 2 years which is a very short period of time. So in resale market only Maruti wins the game (in fact in any other game as well MSIL is the winner).

Thirdly, why don't you consider a second hand option as you have a very short period need? You can easily get an excellent condition 2 year old Swift Vxi in 3 Lakhs and even after a usage of 1 year to 2, you would be able to sale it for 2+. Why to spend 7 lakh if you are going to keep the car for only one year?

I would suggest that you go in for a Swift VDi and the reasons for the same are as follows:

1. Budget – It would fit within your budget of 6.5-7 lacs. The On-road price in Delhi would be 6.6 lacs.
  2. Bodyshell – It is one of the best hatches around
  3. Fun Factor – It’s a driver’s car with very good ride and handling coupled with decent comfort for the occupants.
  4. Safety – The car has a very rigid chassis and is reasonably safe for both city and highway use.
  5. Looks – This is subjective but I find it pretty good to look at, both inside and out.
  6. Resale Value – The car commands one of the best resale value in the market with buyers readily queuing up to grab one.

I am sure you would not regret your decision even if you feel like keeping the car for a little longer duration than as mentioned above. Happy Buying!

I would suggest that you go in for a Swift VDi and the reasons for the same are as follows:

1. Budget – It would fit within your budget of 6.5-7 lacs. The On-road price in Delhi would be 6.6 lacs.
  2. Bodyshell – It is one of the best hatches around
  3. Fun Factor – It’s a driver’s car with very good ride and handling coupled with decent comfort for the occupants.
  4. Safety – The car has a very rigid chassis and is reasonably safe for both city and highway use.
  5. Looks – This is subjective but I find it pretty good to look at, both inside and out.
  6. Resale Value – The car commands one of the best resale value in the market with buyers readily queuing up to grab one.

I am sure you would not regret your decision even if you feel like keeping the car for a little longer duration than as mentioned above. Happy Buying!

I disagree hersch. His monthly running is very low, so diesel won't make sense. Swift ZXi would be my pick

So now you have too many options. Then go for a test drive. Go for the best deal of after sales service in your locality and the dealer reputation. Check the parking facilities in your city. Analyse the interior luxury and comfort. Check for other specs like ground clearance, turning radius, kerb weight to BHP ratio and the running conditions of your city( many bumps, gutter, spead breakers suggest best ground clearence and kerb weight to BHP ratio) . Try to imaginize what the car manufacturer thinks about your choice compared to what you imagine. Finally Budjet and milage. and please reply after the test drives.

If you're already having a Swift in your garage, i'd suggest you VW Polo 1.6 petrol. Though it's not available in showrooms as a new car but you can try for a used one at VW Daswelt(used cars) showroom or can find out at any buying/selling website.

But if you're keen on buying a new car only then you can have a test drive & look at Polo 1.2 highline also. It's adequately powerful, loaded with features & can easily fetch good re-sale value at the end.

So now you have too many options. Then go for a test drive. Go for the best deal of after sales service in your locality and the dealer reputation. Check the parking facilities in your city. Analyse the interior luxury and comfort. Check for other specs like ground clearance, turning radius, kerb weight to BHP ratio and the running conditions of your city( many bumps, gutter, spead breakers suggest best ground clearence and kerb weight to BHP ratio) . Try to imaginize what the car manufacturer thinks about your choice compared to what you imagine. Finally Budjet and milage. and please reply after the test drives.

I have driven each and every one of these cars and i liked the Brio's drive best. I am considering the i10 grand as well but shifting to first gear everytime i near a speedbreaker gets really annoying

If you're already having a Swift in your garage, i'd suggest you VW Polo 1.6 petrol. Though it's not available in showrooms as a new car but you can try for a used one at VW Daswelt(used cars) showroom or can find out at any buying/selling website.

But if you're keen on buying a new car only then you can have a test drive & look at Polo 1.2 highline also. It's adequately powerful, loaded with features & can easily fetch good re-sale value at the end.

Are there Airbags...?

Airbags are available in the top ends of both the brio and the i10 grand

I am biased towards the i10 Grand these days.

Having a newest car on the block is a sure way to be happy on all aspects of the cartrade.

I liked the car and am considering it instead of the original i10

I think you have shortlisted Brio and Grand i10. Now check the reputation of the dealer and your convenience to reach the service centre and coming back after the car is put for service. Compare fuel efficiency, ground clearance, turning radius etc. As most of the other features are already available in the top versions