Show us a light through picture on a road with fog and w/o fog lamp in both high and low before we can say anything about it. Looks like you have got a white bulb 5000k? Is it a HID?

Well starting off, i went in to get Philips HID, but since the showroom guys knew me well, they gave a frank advice that warranty issues are there with Philips. If a bulb goes off due to any reason, it will take atleast a week to get it replaced. I had 2 options, Cnlight and Hamaan. I heard about Hamaan, but unfortunately H4 Kit wasn't there in it. So on recommendation of Elegant Kar, googled Cnlight, read reviews , decided to go for it. It had 1 year warranty with on the spot replacement. And also i read somewhere that Cnlight manufactures for Philips. So without any further delay, went ahead with the installation.

Installation took a mere 20-25 mins with proper fitting of ballasts and relay. Relay was secured and waterproofed carefully so as to avoid any water related damage.

Till now pretty much satisfied with the result! :)

It is not legal/advisable to keep HIDs in stock reflector, trust me this light will worse than stock headlamp which you will see when you drive in fog/rain. Get projector lens to go along with it ,its blinding to traffic and very irritating . Only car with dual barrel headlamp can take HIDs were there is a dedicated low and high beam reflector (vista /manza/i20 igen /linea/ corolla) .The mixed (single) reflector is designed to work in both conditions hence even if the HID is in low beam due to higher discharge of light some light rays are scattered even in high beams.

Please put the HIDs in fog lamp as the lens only spread to lower region of road and if possible get 4000k colour temprature (4300k is real white and 6000k is more blue) and get normal higher wattage bulbs in main headlamps .

Its is a request to mods not to appraise illegal/unsafe mods.

While these lamps might light the road well, they are a nuisance to the oncoming traffic and might also be a cause of accidents in certain cases. Completely agree with @Rssh above and would recommend installing them in the fog lamps instead. Anything above 4k lumens and the light would start to change its color from white to blue to reddish as you keep on increasing the intensity. You would realize that these lamps in fact perform extremely poorly under even light foggy weather and are utterly useless.

It is not legal/advisable to keep HIDs in stock reflector, trust me this light will worse than stock headlamp which you will see when you drive in fog/rain. Get projector lens to go along with it ,its blinding to traffic and very irritating . Only car with dual barrel headlamp can take HIDs were there is a dedicated low and high beam reflector (vista /manza/i20 igen /linea/ corolla) .The mixed (single) reflector is designed to work in both conditions hence even if the HID is in low beam due to higher discharge of light some light rays are scattered even in high beams.

Please put the HIDs in fog lamp as the lens only spread to lower region of road and if possible get 4000k colour temprature (4300k is real white and 6000k is more blue) and get normal higher wattage bulbs in main headlamps .

Its is a request to mods not to appraise illegal/unsafe mods.

Well i have seen HIDs in projectors from the likes of Merc, audis and Beamers, its the same story for oncoming traffic in both cases. I can say using projectors with HIDs can give a bit more concentrated light, but for the oncoming traffic, both are bright! My friend uses the same setup as suggested by with HIDs in fog lamps and simple white bulbs in main headlight unit, for oncoming traffic both are identically bright. I was care full enough not go for cheap HIDs without proper focus. However is this post is not appropriate, mods can delete it, no issues at all! Cheers

Great Addition to your car Bhavneet. This would have really brought out the cars meaner side , out.

Show us the money, what did it cost you to for a pair ?

So , its true that light intensity decreases with higher K values.How does one arrive at what K value will be right for their car ?

I have even heard of 12000K , these would be really exotic ones for sure.

Great Addition to your car Bhavneet. This would have really brought out the cars meaner side , out.

Show us the money, what did it cost you to for a pair ?

So , its true that light intensity decreases with higher K values.How does one arrive at what K value will be right for their car ?

I have even heard of 12000K , these would be really exotic ones for sure.

Thanks Librankur. It costed me 7500/- including parking LEDs which also had to be changed to match the color. The higher K value only changes the color of the light, nothing else. Higher K value adds more blue tint as the K value increases. 12000K must be purple in color! :D There's no improvement in the visibility at all!. Recommended range is 4300-6000K for optimum visibiltiy.

Well i have seen HIDs in projectors from the likes of Merc, audis and Beamers, its the same story for oncoming traffic in both cases. I can say using projectors with HIDs can give a bit more concentrated light, but for the oncoming traffic, both are bright! My friend uses the same setup as suggested by with HIDs in fog lamps and simple white bulbs in main headlight unit, for oncoming traffic both are identically bright. I was care full enough not go for cheap HIDs without proper focus. However is this post is not appropriate, mods can delete it, no issues at all! Cheers

I think you need to give the HIDs time before you will realize that they are as poor as stock lamp and they only illuminate the surroundings (like a fog lamp does) and they need to be focused for the main headlamp.

Which brand is the HID? Is it 35W or 55W one and did it come as a kit with Ballast or you bought them separately.