PrancingHorse

New cars in 2014: A discussion thread

From hatchbacks, my personal favourite is Honda Jazz.

Would be interesting to see how they will price it this time, should get more clearer by seeing pricing of new City in Jan.

I will be in the market at the end of 214 for a new car (7 seater MPV).

Honda Mobilio will be prime contender for it.

From hatchbacks, my personal favourite is Honda Jazz.

Would be interesting to see how they will price it this time, should get more clearer by seeing pricing of new City in Jan.

I will be in the market at the end of 214 for a new car (7 seater MPV).

Honda Mobilio will be prime contender for it.

I am looking forward to the Jazz too. Im really hoping Honda gives us an AT box for the Jazz this time. Apart from that I want to see how the Datsun does. Their 7 seater MPV will probably also hit our roads around the same time as the Mobilio.

Apart from that I want to see how the Datsun does. Their 7 seater MPV will probably also hit our roads around the same time as the Mobilio.

I have seen Datsun gallery on ACI and didn't really liked it,

The last row seats are just for name sake and i don't think even kids can fit in there.

So from 7 seater compact MPVs perspective, choices will be limited to Mobilio or existing Ertiga.

Let's see how things fare out.

Maruti A Star and SX4 replacement would be other interesting launches.

I feel Datsun would be impacted to an extent due to limitation of Nissan' s dealer network. Realistically dont expect them to be a threat straightaway to Maruti or Hyundai.

Honda has to pitch Jazz directly against i 20, if it has to succeed this time around. Honda's limited production capacity till their new plant starts operating would be another issue, as apart from Amaze they will have three more exciting products in their line up,- New City, Jazz and Mobillo. They are not doing enough justice to Brio as well.

Mahindra might launch Scorpio facelift in the later part of the year. Apart from that nothing much to talk about.

Tata's Falcon 4 and 5 (Vista replacement and Manza CS) would be launched / unveiled at the Auto Expo. Their success is very critical for Tatas

Hyundai has already launched Grand i 10 and its doing well.i 20 facelift / new i 20 is on the cards, may come by end of next year

The Jeep brand is likely to be launched this year.

Renault Lodgy is another MPV that is likely to hit the Indian market by end of next year

Ford Ka / New Figo is going to come to India, but the launch time is not yet decided, probably Ford would first like to clear the chaos around Ecosport deliveries before going ahead with any significant new launches.

The car I am looking forward to is the Jazz and Honda positioning strategy. If its at par with Amaze then Amaze sales will take a massive hit but Honda can't price Jazz more higher than Amaze since top end Amaze already costs 9.5 lakhs and a 50k increment will mean 10 lakhs OTR ,people will rather buy a Honda City with a bit more cash.

The YL7 can't get here any sooner, remeber the current Sx4 is here since 07 I think and we have seen Honda launching the City Zx Vtec + , then 3rd gen model ,then facelift and maruti has done a minor facelift with new M series P and DDiS engines with no plastic quality improvement whatsoever. I am expecting good product which will appeal to the segment buyers and should be better built.

I have read that Jazz will come by the end of 2014, that means a waiting of nearly 10 months. Eco-sport would have perfomed well but the prices as too high, but in Indore the bookings are full till March. Is there any speculation for ecosport coming with a new configuration/facelift. I am planning for a new car(hatch back) by March 2014. What are the scopes till March.