mehul266

SCOOP! Hyundai’s all-new Grand i10 Sedan launched

Thanks for sharing these pics Mehul266!!

I agree with Sstar! Definitely looks proportionate, very much unlike the Dzire!! But I am not so sure of it making an appearence at the Auto Expo 2014.

If and when it does, (and if priced right) it'll surely take away a big chunk of the Honda Amaze's market share.

I don't think the design would be an eyeball grabber like the new Verna, but I guess Hyundai will continue with the whole fluidic theme!!

Based on these snaps, it appears that the sedan is going to have a lot of head room and leg room for not only the front row passengers but also the rear seat passengers. I wish they price it sensibly so that it can give the required numbers to make it a worthy challenger to both the Dzire and Amaze. Who knows it might even turn into a winner of these three !

Space, comfort & functionality will be the key elements here for this car.

i10 Grand is already good on space in its segment to which it belongs plus it has got the features which are not only first for hatchbacks instead they'll be exclusive for compact sedan segment as well like Rear Seat AC vents, Start Stop-button with Smart key, Cooled glove-box and many more will make it standout there also.

However, i'll reserve my comments regarding its styling also till the original design has to be unveiled, but from external dimensions as visible in pics, i expect external stubby boot size in between Dzire & Amaze.

Didn't expect Hyundai to get on the bandwagon of psuedo sedans. Imo the Grand i10 is spacious enough already wrt legroom and height and this iteration will maximize the boot space. I just hope its the sponge under the camouflage and the boot lid ain't that high.

Launch of i10 Grand CS is confirmed for Feb 4 2014.

Looking at the pics, this might be the best looking CS when compared to Dzire, Amaze.

Also, knowing Hyundai's network reach this CS might be the one to really challenge Dzire in terms of pure volumes.

Would surely look better than Dzire, but Amaze also looks decent. Since Entry level sedans is the only segment that has grown substantially this year, would be interesting to see if Hyundai can expand the segment further or it will eat into Dzire and Amaze nos. I am sure Hyundai will price it very competitively (Petrol may start from 5 lacs and Diesel from 6 lacs). Hyundai can easily add 6 to 7000 nos monthly to their total with this model.

This is evidence that the Indian car market is maturing, I remember a time when the Esteem and Accent were considered as premium vehicles. Now these sedans which are their replacements are considered entry-level and buy-it-if-you-can't-get-the-real-thing kind of cars! I'm not a big fan of the Dzire and Amaze in terms of design, but this one looks more promising. Their hatchback roots refuse to give up their "gold-fish" shape, though. Hyundai is the only manufacturer that can really shake up the other two, so a comparo would be very interesting.

Its front seems to be differentiated from Grand i10's by Silver/chrome lined central air-dam, blackened/smoked headlamps.

Alloys are 14-inchers & are straight lift-off from i20.

@Sstar; The C-pillar in spy shots is different, more clearer & simpler than shown in above posted rendering pic.

Now the suspense left will be of tail-lamp design & the name of this car !

Will it going to be named as 'Accent' again ! or any new name.

The C-pillar is the most defining design element of a coupe/sedan and thankfully for the first time in a CS derived from a hatch, this one looks very impressive. Hyundai have proved to the world that no one needs to worry about their designs, so I'm pretty confident about the looks of this car. And the Grand i10's understated looks best suit a saloon, which has a different class of customers. It would be quite interesting to see if they would retain the Accent name.

It would really be nice if they retain the Accent name. It will be quite nostalgic.

Also, the final product is going to be pretty similar to the one shown in the rendering. The front, of course, will carry the same head lamp cluster as on the Grand i10 for obvious reasons.

From the spy shots, this car looks like a very proportional sedan.. worth calling one! The Amaze, though looks proportional, looks very tiny! This car has a more matured and broad stance and will definitely be a looker...

Pricing is the key... And pretty sure Hyundai will not want this to enter Verna territory.

Hyundai has unveiled its Grand i10 sedan and has decided to called it the Xcent!!

I personally think they could have come up with a better name as the Xcent has nothing it common with Hyundai's previous car, the Accent!!

The Xcent uses the same platform as the Grand i10 and will come with similar engine options as the hatchback - one petrol (1.2-litre kappa 2) and one diesel (1.1-litre). The Hyundai Xcent will be made available with both manual and automatic gearbox options. On the inside, the design has been carried forward from the Grand i10 almost as it is. Given the already comprehensive equipment list the Grand i10 comes with, similar list of features on the Xcent would give other cars in its class like Dzire and Amaze some stiff competition.

The Xcent will come with features such as rear AC vents, smart key push button entry and start, 15 inch alloys, auto folding electric ORVMs and one touch trunk opening. It will also get a cold glovebox, steering minted controls and bluetooth telephony. In terms of safety equipment, the top of the line version of the Xcent, will get ABS, dual airbags and rear parking assist as standard.

I am quiet impressed!!

Sub 4 meter sedans have really turned out to be the next big thing in the Indian Automobile Industry!!

Unveiled today is Hyundai's latest offering or you can say comeback in entry level sedan segment, although in today's rapidly growing Compact sedan shape, christened as Xcent(just as like Accent, which was also pronounced as Xcent at that time).

Attached are some of its pictures from its unveil ceremony,

post-67-0-30417700-1391532339.jpgpost-67-0-88431600-1391532389.jpgpost-67-0-64847500-1391532336.jpgpost-67-0-13020700-1391532334.jpgpost-67-0-87025400-1391532331.jpg(Pics source: Autocarindia.com)

It also features many class/segment first equipment like,

-Largest boot space in its class.

-Rear seat AC vents.

-Bluetooth telephony equipped music system.

-Music system with 1GB internal storage space for music streaming.

-Cooled glove box(first in compact sedan segment).

& many more.

It's going to available in same 1.2 kappa2 VTVT petrol & 1.1 litre, 3-cylinder CRDi diesel engine options, each which are going to be offered with both Manual & Automatic transmissions.

Sadly bigger & more powerful 1.4 litre, 4-cylinder CRDi engine from i20/Verna won't be offered at the launch.

Nice choice of name, seems to be a combination of Xing (Santro) and Accent, both of them are synonymous with the rise of Hyundai as we see today.

A little disappointed that diesel will only have 1.1L engine, seems too low for this segment. May be test drive can confirm how does it fare on road.

Nice choice of name, seems to be a combination of Xing (Santro) and Accent, both of them are synonymous with the rise of Hyundai as we see today.

Ya, get your point, and its a valid one too!!!!

And i agree the Accent had a big fan following and all..

But i still don't like it very much.. I mean its a new car a new name would have been better!!

Not the i10 or i20 like... But a proper good suitable name!!