dr_nishu

DATSUN starts showcasing GO hatchback in India

Datsun to display Go hatchback in 90 cities

Buyers across India can now see, touch and feel of the yet-to-be launched Datsun Go.

post-67-0-20851200-1387010474_thumb.jpg

Since it was officially revealed in July, the general public has only seen Datsun’s Go hatchback only in pictures and online videos. Now, they will be able to see, touch and get a feel of the yet-to-be-launched Go hatchback. Datsun will be showcasing its Go in more than 90 cities across the country as a part of its pan-India road show. The ‘Datsun Go Roadshow’ will kick off on 14th December, 2014 in Mumbai, Chennai and New Delhi and will eventually spread across other major cities in India.

post-67-0-17956600-1387010468_thumb.jpg

The pan-India roadshow will help Datsun take the Go hatchback closer to its customer base before its launch, thereby generating interest among prospective buyers. And it will also help the carmaker gauge public response across cities and get feedback from prospective buyers.

"Dream, Access and Trust constitute the three pillars of the Datsun brand and we wish to highlight each one of them by showcasing the all-new Go to our customers. The Go promises to fulfill the aspirations of the Indian car buyers with its attractive price proposition. We wish to become a household name in India and reaching out to our customers is the first step towards it," said Kenichiro Yomura, president of Nissan’s India operations.

(Autocar India)

I was at this event today. Car looks promising but this was a pre production model for sure. The final car should do well provided the service and after sales is good They say the top variant will be priced below 4 lakhs.

Do i see a mobile phone holder ?

No car company would have thought of that for sure.

The stick placement is really neat.

And , Whats that thing next to the driver side door , below the steering wheel , resembling a golf club.

IMHO, Datsun is planning it with petrol engine option only, But a sensible diesel engine option like 1.5 K9K or even smaller than it will make this car even more irresistible, considering the price point at which this car is projected.

How much they can deny but as per the car market dynamics they'll definitely feel its absence, much sooner than expected, like Toyota felt for Etios & Liva twins.

I was at this event today. Car looks promising but this was a pre production model for sure. The final car should do well provided the service and after sales is good They say the top variant will be priced below 4 lakhs.

Haha.. I was waiting for this thread initiation from you being an eye witness of the event but in late afternoon i posted it.

Regarding GO, A sub 4-lacs pricing for i20 sized & Alto k10 like fuel efficiency giving hatchback is great.

Base variant for something like Rs.3.20-3.30 lacs would be too lucrative to lure buyers for car standing in Nissan dealership.

They're expanding on their dealer & service network also before the launch of Datsun sub-brand & this car.

Do i see a mobile phone holder ?

Yes, it's a mobile phone holder, with Music system nearby it to feed it with USB/Aux-in output.

And , Whats that thing next to the driver side door , below the steering wheel , resembling a golf club.

It's a handbrake/parking brake lever.

Wont have a simple bluetooth Audio unit done the trick better.Who needs a set of flapping plastic aka mobile holder on the dashboard.

Yeah , Visited the ACI Go Gallery and had a close look at the hand brake lever , on my tab it looked like an inverted golf club aiming for the groin region . ;-)

A car that big for this price is surely an achievement.