viswa7007

Premium luxury car

Hello ,

I'm Viswadeep from coimbatore and I've been reading your article for last 5 years and am a huge fan of yours. I'm planning to buy a car for 50 lakhs and I've a confusion between BMW 520d and Jaguar XF 2.2. I'm slightly leaning towads BMW as it has adjustable dampers, but my friends say that Jaguar has a better brand value than BMW. I'm 6.2 feet tall and my priorities are space, power and ground clearance more importantly as roads are not good in my place. Kindly suggest me the best between the two.

In my opinion if you are interested in 5d then you should go for that...however, there is only one good way to judge both of these cars and that would be to TD both of them one-by-one....then only you would be able to get on to the conclusion.

If u r gonna spend more time behind the wheel than being chauffer driven then u should definitely go with brimmer...also that it just recieved a mid-life facelift... else u could go for the jag which has better brand value.

Hi,

520 D is a great car but is now very expensive after the facelift. You should look for Merc E-250 CDI. It costs around 49l ex showroom. Get your hands on that as it is the best car in the segment. For the XF, it doesn't have that equipment which is on the other two. Audi A6 is a good looker, but it is the bimmer that makes you smile everytime you are on the wheel. Go for 520 D between the two, or get the E-250.

Jaguar has in recent times earned more brand reputation in India because it is rare and exclusive. Given that XF is now assembled locally the service and spare part downtime will be better, but not in the German trio league.

The 520d is a good package especially with BSi its a formidable package (more hassle free) also I think this will suit you better since your height is 6'2 and the XF rear headroom is not good enough for tall people, but if you are going to drive it primarily then it is fine.

Go with the brand you want its your money and spending 50 lakhs should not give you regrets later in ownership.

I would suggest you the jag but it has less Headroom than 520d. It has built good brand reputation in the past years. And I am sure it won't let you down. 520d has better Headroom. And it's also a much better driver's car. You'll get both good headroom and drive in 520d.

TD both and choose the one you like.

P.S - Welcome to autocar forums. Enjoy your stay

Thank u evryone.. I'm slightly leaning towards BMW 520d, and after seeing the comments, i prefer d bimmer. And as one of our member told, spending on a 50 lakh car doesn't make us to regret..The only prob with d jag is d ground clearnce..

Mercedes. If the road around your place isn't good stay away from BMW's. BMW's plus point are their firm suspension ride but their drawback is also that they are more prone to suspension failures. Yes the latest Gen 5 series have overhauled suspension but they are still more firm than the E class and Audi.

Jaguar on other hand have firm suspension that facilitate sportier ride.

Kindly understand that BMW is a well built Machines put together whileJaguar is a Piece of Art that can move.

Thank u evryone.. I'm slightly leaning towards BMW 520d, and after seeing the comments, i prefer d bimmer. And as one of our member told, spending on a 50 lakh car doesn't make us to regret..The only prob with d jag is d ground clearance..

Take an extensive test drive of the Jag around poor road and take it to a mountain type speed-breaker if the suspension is soft then the front bumper will definitely scrape.