Sign in to follow this  
viswa7007

Query regarding sunfilm for my BMW 520d

Hello,

I'm Viswadeep from Coimbatore. I want to stick sun film for my BMW 520d but unfortunately none of d sun film dealers were able to remove the doorpad of the car. When I asked in the BMW company, he himself told that he deals with sun film of a brand cald Vkool. He told the cost would be around Rs18000 to Rs96000 depending on the customers wish. Is it worth to go with the company? Is the film worth the cost?

or should i go with other sun film dealers who deal with 3M which costs only Rs 5800? and how can i differentiate on Vkool brand better dan 3M? Kindly help me with this..

You probably do not know that using sun film is banned in India.

Why get into trouble with traffic police by using banned stuff on your car.

More so, if the car happens to be a BMW !

Be on the right side of the law.

I do not think any Autocar member would advice you otherwise.

I would say get a sunfilm with 90 % visibility try 3M CR90 and Diamond series Vkool films (max cost will be 30-40k don't pay 96k he is just asking too much) 3M will set you back by 30k max.

@ rameshbabu he will get away from traffic cops because the law says that if the windows are pre-tinted from factory then its alright and the 530d then darker tinted glass than 520d also they have electric curtain mesh which is more better than tints. Traffic cops never check luxury sedan for tints.

@viswa7007: you should not install sunfilms as it is against law though it is up to you.

Btw...i just wonder does a car worth 50 Lac or more has cooling issues? if not then why Sunfilms when it has darker glass, auto curtain etc etc?? :ph34r:

Viswa7007, I agree with bhavneet here!!

Auto roll up window shades look really very classy.. Especially on a car like the 5 Series..

And its not against any rules.. Atleast not yet!!

So I would suggest you to opt for that!!

I would say get a sunfilm with 90 % visibility try 3M CR90 and Diamond series Vkool films (max cost will be 30-40k don't pay 96k he is just asking too much) 3M will set you back by 30k max.

@ rameshbabu he will get away from traffic cops because the law says that if the windows are pre-tinted from factory then its alright and the 530d then darker tinted glass than 520d also they have electric curtain mesh which is more better than tints. Traffic cops never check luxury sedan for tints.

I agree with you, cops dont check luxury sedans..

You probably do not know that using sun film is banned in India.

Why get into trouble with traffic police by using banned stuff on your car.

More so, if the car happens to be a BMW !

Be on the right side of the law.

I do not think any Autocar member would advice you otherwise.

As per the law, In india sunfilms are allowed ie 50% visibility for side glass and 70% visibility for rear windscreen..

Viswadeep, instead of going in for sun film, u can opt for auto roll up window shades, that look classy and are effective.

Viswa7007, I agree with bhavneet here!!

Auto roll up window shades look really very classy.. Especially on a car like the 5 Series..

And its not against any rules.. Atleast not yet!!

So I would suggest you to opt for that!!

Yes, i will think abt it..and i have auto roll shades defaulty fitted to my rear glass and rear wind screen..only the front has problem with heating issues.

@viswa7007: you should not install sunfilms as it is against law though it is up to you.

Btw...i just wonder does a car worth 50 Lac or more has cooling issues? if not then why Sunfilms when it has darker glass, auto curtain etc etc?? :ph34r:

Yes, it has cooling issues especially in the front..and during afternoons, the sun hits directly to my eyes..