Sign in to follow this  
prem_hpk

Advice on buying first car

Hello Guys,

i'm planning for my first car.. I compared Dzire(i dont like back portion of it), Etios(I heard from my friend(toyota emp) that it has lot of issues) but then i decided to go for Tata MANZA QUADRAJET after hearing that there is no rattling/niggles in new club Class model and heard alot of tuning has been done in CC Manza..But a negative feedback from some about TATA & TASS worries me...your comments/any suggestions are welcome....

Thanks,

Prem

Tata Manza is a good car nonetheless, but you might wanna wait for the new/facelifted version they are planning to launch soon. The after sales support of Tata is not great as you might have heard and Tata cars are known to have irritating quality niggles like faulty power mirrors and the like. I'm not aware of the issues of the Etios, but I've seen that the Toyota service is simply outstanding, although the spares are expensive.

Tata cars depreciate like a falling rock, and that is also an important consideration while choosing a car. I wonder if you have checked out the Honda Amaze which is a must-see in the category you are looking for. Also I would suggest that you wait till you check out the Grand i10 saloon that Hyundai is about to launch. So better models are coming just round the corner, and they might be worth waiting for.

For MANZA point of view, definitely there is a huge improvement from TATA Motors side to polish this car more and they have improved a lot ever since they launched it earlier. All those niggles and issues have gone way down and product is much superior and reliable. Obvisously the advantage of owning MANZA is huge space - in/out and a proper sedan like feel which you will not get in Dzire, Amaze and Etios has poor interior and built quality (keep in mind that Toyota built to price low).

On your point of TASS, I must say it depends some time from dealer to dealer. Some dealers in metros may be offering MASS level service whereas some would not. Howevever, being a VFM product, MANZA is fine product but wait for new model which is due in Auto Expo 2014 Feb. So if you can wait till then than it is best.

Happy Shopping.

Edited by Sstar

Manza is indeed a very good car. It has great space and built quality is superior as compared to Etios. And as Sstar said TASS sometimes becomes MASS. If you are from Tier I/II city then there wouldn't be any problem with service.

You can also wait for the facelifted zmaza coming 14 auto expo and also the Hyundai Grand i10 Sedan, coming soon.

Good Luck

Hello !

I am about to buy my first car... i have an offer for Honda Civic Hybrid CVT 2008 model. The car done about 60K Kms and from the exterior it looks to be in good condition.

Please advise if would be a good buy as my first car ? What are Pro's and Con's ??

Best,

Pranay

Shortlist your requirements and features in the car as many features could not be added later or adding extra features later will spoil the beauty and safety. Finalise fuel type. ( I suggest to include CNG) Consider your nearest and only reputed service centres and dealers. Make your budjet a little more flexible. At this stage I believe strongly that there will be only one or maximum two options. Now you could decide much easily. Please post your decision

Hi, for me the Homda Civic is a really good car but and this is my op├Čnion (once a car crossed the 5 year line, thats when you start to notice its age and might end up spending quite a lot of money and valuavle time at the garage)... have you considered something a bit more recent? maybe a 2010-2011 model?

Have a nice day, Ajay

I think you should go for Honda Brio. The cheeky little Honda has big hopes riding on it, and with Honda's impressive international track record with small cars, this one should be a cracker. Great packaging of interior space, great design and a peppy drive will be the brio's talking points. To see how fun Brio is, check out this video: http://bit.ly/1d36vVr

In favor of TATA, they have improved their after sales. I don't see customer red faced after their services at TATA's there days.

They just need good, stylish and powerful vehicles now