Sign in to follow this  
ra4

The CRICKET Thread

Hi everybody. It's been a long time I'm thinking of creating a thread on the Cricket stuff. As a great Cricket fan I would love to see this thread growing.

Currently,

India is playing against New Zealand and the Indian team looks Dumb with players like Ishant Sharma, R. Ashwin, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja who are not in any form. Dhoni is unlikely to change any of them. Will He?

3rd ODI - IND VS NZ

New Zealand Squad:

Playing XI: Martin Guptill, Jesse Ryder, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum, Corey Anderson, Luke Ronchi, Nathan McCullum, Tim Southee, Mitchell McClenaghan, Hamish Bennett

Bench: Kyle Mills, James Neesham

India Squad:

Playing XI: Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Varun Aaron

Bench: Ishant Sharma, Stuart Binny, Ishwar Pandey, Ambati Rayudu, Amit Mishra

India have won the toss and have opted to field

NZ - 249/5 after 41 overs. RPO: 6.07

IND VS NZ, 4th ODI, Seddon Park

28th January 2014, Match starts 6.30 AM IST (LIVE on Sony SIX)

The series stands at 2-0 in favour of New Zealand after India lost the first two ODIs in Napier (by 24 runs) and Hamilton (by 15 runs), while the third ODI at Auckland finished in a scintillating last-ball tie on Saturday.

Even though India cannot win the series anymore, the visitors at least can level the rubber and keep their world number one ranking intact, but for that to happen they need to win tomorrow's match at Seddon Park as well as the fifth ODI at Wellington.

India, however, can take heart from its performance in the third ODI. Chasing an imposing 315, Ravindra Jadeja nearly pulled off a sensational win before the contest ended in a tie. Jadeja smacked the Kiwi bowlers to all parts of the ground to scored an unbeaten 45-ball 66 to take India close in the third ODI from a no-hope position. He was ably supported by Ravichandran Ashwin who scored a quick-fire 65 off 46 balls.

180+ views , only 3 replies

Only one cricket fan in this forum ?

C'mon guys, don't say that you all are only car geeks, India is known for it's cricket Sensation

New Zealand vs India, 4th ODI, Hamilton (D/N)

NZ beat IND by 7 wickets

India Innings - 278/5 (50 overs)

Rohit Sharma - 79 off 94 balls

MS. Dhoni - 79* off 73 balls

Ravindra Jadeja - 62* off 54 balls

New Zealand Innings - 280/3 (48.1 overs)

Ross Taylor - 112* off 127 balls

Brendon McCullum - 49* off 36 balls

K. Williamson - 60 off 82 balls

Source - Cricinfo

I am aware bro!! Sad!!! :(

We've been defeated.. But the tournament isn't over yet!!

I hope the boys in blue make a strong come back!!

They did, actually they are doing in today's match but we are out of the tourney :mellow:

Indians riled up after Maria Sharapova said she doesn't know who is Sachin Tendulkar.

Pathetic! :angry: What's the big deal with that! :/

Even #WhoIsMariaSharapova is trending on Twitter :lol:

Edited by LeoRahi

It's no big deal. Who is creating such a big deal out of nothing. Must be some aunty in her 50's who has nothing to gossip about but that.

Cricket is big in India and handful of other nations, not across the world.

Fully agree with what you said regarding the Sharapova-Sachin thing.

And yeah I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps not all here are cricket fanatic, so don't expect much from the members in this thread :P

Hope this time we will be able to give a good competition.

@Leo and ra4, From the new breed of top order batters only Kohli in my personal view has shown class and temperament. I do not trust Pujara in English conditions, he has lot to prove overseas. I really wish him success but comparing him with Dravid is like hoping a Swift to perform like a Superb.

I just cannot forget the 2011 disaster. Anything better than that and I am happy.

Phil Hughes passed away today aged 25. Was such a gem of a person as well as a very promising player for Australia. RIP! :(

On 25 November 2014, Hughes was knocked unconscious by a bouncer during a Sheffield Shield match at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), causing vertebral artery dissection that led to a brain hemorrhage. The Australian team doctor Peter Brukner noted that only 100 such cases had ever been reported, of which "only one case reported as a result of a cricket ball". [11] He was taken to St Vincent's Hospital where he underwent surgery, was placed into an induced coma and was in intensive care in a critical condition.[12] He died on 27 November 2014, after failing to regain conciousness.[13]

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/feature/phillip-hughes-country-boy-to-baggy-green-dream-andrew-ramsey/2014-11-27