Prashantroxx

2014 Auto Expo Discussion and pics thread.

Maruti Displayed the Gypsy Escapade

The Maruti Gypsy has always been a very capable off-roader. Many of you who are reading this might be Gypsy fanboys. Maruti Suzuki has now displayed the Gypsy Escapade at the 2014 Auto Expo. We are very happy with Maruti who has carried out some tasteful modifications to the Gypsy. The hood scoop, those discrete stripes, auxiliary lamps on the roof all look very good and increase the appeal of the vehicle.

Maruti has also increased the ground clearance on the Gypsy Escapade and added bigger tyres too. The Gypsy in this form looks much better than the regular version which comes with black versions and a hard/soft roof-top even though the Escapade might not be practical to drive daily. The Maruti Gypsy is powered by a 1.3-litre MPFI petrol engine which produces 80 BHP of power and 103 Nm of torque.

Maruti Suzuki isn’t taking the Gypsy seriously anymore, although the model is now an icon for its off-road prowess. Rumours of an upgrade have come and gone but nothing has been heard from the company. A diesel engine under the Gypsy could change this compact off-roaders fate but so far nothing concrete has been revealed by the Japanese automaker.

post-56743-0-71987000-1391844044_thumb.jpost-56743-0-25666900-1391844051_thumb.jpost-56743-0-44217000-1391844060_thumb.jpost-56743-0-01055900-1391844074_thumb.jpost-56743-0-08081900-1391844085_thumb.jpost-56743-0-08081900-1391844085_thumb.j

DC Avanti Production Model Unveiled

It was the year 2012 and DC Design unveiled................ Fast forward to 2014 and here we are with the production version of the made in India sports car that was showcased at the 12th Auto Expo.

Dear LeoRahi, while you were on this 'copy+paste frenzy', you might have missed what other members have already contributed to this thread!

What i am trying to say is.. I've already covered the details about the production ready Avanti in post no. 39!! And a repeat post was uncalled for!!

I don't intead to sound bossy or mean.. But ask yourself.. If you wrote 10 posts about 10 cars and later if i write 10 posts about those same 10 cars (covering similar details).. Then what sense would it make?

I know you are smart enough to figure out the answer..

And I also hope you understand what i am trying to say!!

Dear LeoRahi, while you were on this 'copy+paste frenzy', you might have missed what other members have already contributed to this thread!

What i am trying to say is.. I've already covered the details about the production ready Avanti in post no. 39!! And a repeat post was uncalled for!!

I don't intead to sound bossy or mean.. But ask yourself.. If you wrote 10 posts about 10 cars and later if i write 10 posts about those same 10 cars (covering similar details).. Then what sense would it make?

I know you are smart enough to figure out the answer..

And I also hope you understand what i am trying to say!!

Oh sorry for that. I'll be posting carefully from now here.

Mods may delete/merge that post/s.

GM Showcases Chevrolet Eagle Vintage Beauty

General Motors has come up with a exciting lineup of models at the 2014 Auto Expo. The one that stands apart is the Chevrolet Master Eagle 1933 vintage car. The gorgeous old beauty has a substantial presence at the General Motors stall. It has champagne gold exteriors, large and swoopy design elements along with shiny classic chrome touches. The white wall spoke tyres look neat and stylish, especially the fender mounted spare wheel. The Chevrolet Eagle showcased is a convertible model.

On the inside, the Chevrolet Master Eagle gets luxurious sofa-like upholstery. Powering the Chevrolet Master Eagle 1933 is a Stovebolt Six 3380cc 6-cylinder engine that produces a peak power of 65 BHP. The Chevrolet Eagle comes with a front engine, rear-wheel drive layout. The spanking new condition of the show car is well worth appreciation. The American vintage timeless beauty is being appreciated by many visitors at the biennial event.

post-56743-0-29772400-1391941316_thumb.jpost-56743-0-20478200-1391941339_thumb.jpost-56743-0-14818500-1391941360_thumb.jpost-56743-0-94116800-1391941386_thumb.j

The 2014 Auto Expo has been all about Concept Cars and Facelifts. Almost all car manufactures have showcased new Concepts which they intend to launch in India. That proves the fact that India has now become a major auto market on the global road map. It shows that the brands are now taking into consideration the specific needs of the Indian customer and offering products and features which cater to those. Brands like Honda have constantly evolved their vehicles to suit to the changing tastes and also upgrading the features on their models. Honda City - their flagship model in India was recently introduced in its 4th generation version. It is a great car with greater features. Honda also showcased its new concepts like the NSX an XS1 along with the new Jazz and Mobilio which will be launched later this year.

GM Showcases Chevrolet Eagle Vintage Beauty

General Motors has come up with a exciting lineup of models at the 2014 Auto Expo. The one that stands apart is the Chevrolet Master Eagle 1933 vintage car. The gorgeous old beauty has a substantial presence at the General Motors stall. It has champagne gold exteriors, large and swoopy design elements along with shiny classic chrome touches. The white wall spoke tyres look neat and stylish, especially the fender mounted spare wheel. The Chevrolet Eagle showcased is a convertible model.

On the inside, the Chevrolet Master Eagle gets luxurious sofa-like upholstery. Powering the Chevrolet Master Eagle 1933 is a Stovebolt Six 3380cc 6-cylinder engine that produces a peak power of 65 BHP. The Chevrolet Eagle comes with a front engine, rear-wheel drive layout. The spanking new condition of the show car is well worth appreciation. The American vintage timeless beauty is being appreciated by many visitors at the biennial event.

[attachment=7968:Chevrolet-Master-Eagle-1933-Front.jpg

This Vintage beauty seems to be a major attraction at the Auto expo 2014. It's always a joy to watch this beauties.

PS:Great coverage there by Shashank_GTO, LeoRahi and Prashantroxx. Great work guys. Keep up the good work guys. :)

WOW!!!! Awesome pics Sstar!!!!

Do you by any chance have pics of the Safari Storme Ladakh Concept?

I've always loved the Safari.. And the Ladakh Concept looks really very good!!

Thanks for the compliment Ra4!!

Mercedes had showcased the production version of the GLA Class and that too in a very fetching shade of red. This Crossover is expected to be launched in India this year and will compete against the Audi Q3 and BMW X1 as well as the Volvo V40 cross country

post-5337-0-94896700-1392147348_thumb.jppost-5337-0-02339800-1392147390_thumb.jppost-5337-0-83326300-1392147424_thumb.jppost-5337-0-28755100-1392147483_thumb.jp

Mercedes also displayed the CLA 45 AMG which is also scheduled to release in India some time before the realease of the standard cla class. It is expected to be mercedes's cheapest AMG model in India

post-5337-0-12750200-1392147608_thumb.jp

WOW!!!! Awesome pics Sstar!!!!

Do you by any chance have pics of the Safari Storme Ladakh Concept?

I've always loved the Safari.. And the Ladakh Concept looks really very good!!

Man...you asked for it and you got it from another ACIan next to my post. Had you asked something else, perhaps God would have granted that as well. :)

Thank you for liking my posted pics. Courtesy - Galaxy Grand Smartphone.

Yes I do have, but before I could upload we have it in this thread.

Edited by Sstar

Man...you asked for it and you got it from another ACIan next to my post. Had you asked something else, perhaps God would have granted that as well. :)

Hahahaha, true!!!

@Shashank_GTO

here are a few pics of the Safari Storme Ladakh concept. It looks extremely amazing in my opinion. In fact I think Tata had the best display this time around

Yes, it looks great.. I liked the bluish headlamps!! And the alloys on it look amazing too!!

Thanks for sharing the images.

The GLA looks fantastic!! Very nice pics.

Any info regarding when it would be launched in India?

The GLA looks fantastic!! Very nice pics.

Any info regarding when it would be launched in India?

Thanks for the compliment

And I think the GLA Class is scheduled to be launched this year around Diwali, Its a long time overdue anyway

Attack of the electrics....

This time the Auto Expo had lots of electric as well as hybrid models although it remains to be seen whether any of these become successful (unless the Govt starts subsidizing them that is)

The Honda Accord Hybrid was displayed. It had a few blue touches and slightly different styling. Should provide good competition to the Camry hybrid already on sale

post-5337-0-62428100-1392228720_thumb.jppost-5337-0-00194100-1392228888_thumb.jp

Great pictures guys. Thanks for sharing them. I had plans to go this year but had to skip it. Hopefully in 2016. For those who attended, how was the crowd on the gen public days this time? I heard footfalls were less

PH, I had the opportunity, time & energy to visit the Expo but did not because friends who went came back disappointed with the way it was organised & mis-managed. This re-iterated the experiences I had in 2002.

Great pictures guys. Thanks for sharing them. I had plans to go this year but had to skip it. Hopefully in 2016. For those who attended, how was the crowd on the gen public days this time? I heard footfalls were less

I would differ here because I went to AE2014 on the Friday Feb 7th which was the first Gen public day and it was full of people everywhere. However, it is true that it was disorganized in the sense that from temp food court to parking lot everything looked like a last minute fix.