dr_nishu

TATA unveils Bolt hatchback & Zest compact sedan

TATA Motors today unveiled Falcon project based Bolt hatchback & Zest compact sedan.

To keep the things simple, i'm going to present this thread in a very simple & maximum illustrative way.

So, lets start with,

TATA Bolt hatchback

post-67-0-53139400-1391436837_thumb.jpg

TATA unveiled today an All-new Bolt hatchback, powered with 1.2 litre Turbocharged + Intercooled REVOTRON petrol engine generating 85PS of power & 140Nm of torque at low rpm.

Another engine powering it is 1.3 litre Multijet Diesel engine in its 75PS FGT avatar based on existing TATA Vista.

Both the engines are mated to 5-speed Manual transmission.

post-67-0-91325900-1391436833_thumb.jpgpost-67-0-37426100-1391436830_thumb.jpg

TATA ZEST hatchback

post-67-0-81530900-1391436844_thumb.jpg

TATA motors also unveiled today an All-new compact sedan based on Bolt hatchback, powered with 1.2 litre Turbocharged + Intercooled REVOTRON petrol engine generating 85PS of power & 140Nm of torque at low rpm.

Another engine powering it is 1.3 litre Multijet Diesel engine in its 90PS VGT avatar based on existing TATA Manza.

Both the engines are mated to 5-speed Manual transmission & 1.3 Quadrajet Diesel is also available with Automated Manual transmission(termed as F-Tronic gearbox).

post-67-0-54803000-1391436848_thumb.jpgpost-67-0-07933200-1391436841_thumb.jpg

(Source: Autocar India)

Rest the pics do the talking..

Edited by dr_nishu

The car has soo much german feel to it :D the interior looks great and the panal gaps are minimum. It looks great, dont know anything about the new Revotron engine, but seems to be a great product overall!

Very good effort from Tata.

These products are leaps and bounds over current Tata line up.

The direction in which Karl Slym was working seems to be paying off for them.

The only thing they needs to work upon is reliability and customer service.

Amazing Transformation by TATA. Finally we get to see the benefits of owning JLR. The interior easily seems to be top class especially compared to its rivals such as the VW Polo, Ford Figo etc. Hopefully the build quality will have improved too.

And Oh! that stunning designs.

TATA is sure to give Hyundai and Suzuki a run for their money now

great exterior design I kind of like to give full points to TML for their new design. Bolt is quiet similar to the lines of Figo hatch especially from the rear where as Zest if some how similar to Ford's New Fiesta - from rear.

Overall, finally we can proudly say that TML has launched a a fresh product from in and out, mostly earlier TML products were lacking outside appeal. They were practical and spacious and efficient from the begining but now we are sure to see some great looking "Indian" cars.

PS: We must also give the credit to late Carl Slim who bought this attitude into TML which is finally coming out in their design language.

That's impressive designing by TATA. The bolt looks great unlike the Zest which looks bulky from the rear. The interiors are pretty impressive though. I liked the bolt's interior, it has a superior feel. The Zest's interior is also great with that Beige dash.

Here are some spy shots of the the Zest in full camo which reveal that the front could have some changes in terms of looks which means it might look different from the car showed at Auto Expo. While not much can be made out, the grille seen here has two slats as opposed to the honey comb one on the show car. Here are the pics

post-9757-0-54076500-1393580481_thumb.jppost-9757-0-94851800-1393580485_thumb.jppost-9757-0-43418600-1393580488_thumb.jp

Source

TATA Zest spied again:

post-67-0-69140600-1398110893.jpgpost-67-0-86512700-1398110898.jpg

Spied again is the Tata Zest compact sedan but this time it was its base variant. As per spy shots reveal, the following things indicate that it was base variant:

-Pressed steel wheels.

-Black unpainted side ORVMs.

-Rear windscreen without defogger.

-Non-projector Headlamps with halogen bulbs.

Good to see that LED tail-lamps are standard across the range. Lets see what other things will be there on this basic variant by the time it'll be launched.

(Source: Motorbeam)

These 2 new models are going to make or break Tata.

These cars seems to be atleast 2 levels up on quality/fit/finish (atleast from what's visible in pictures) from current crop of Tata cars.

Diesel AMT is going to be a big big USP. Though Maruti started with AMT, Tata will have a big first mover advantage with AMT in diesel. Whatever be the outcome, I really appreciate their way forward.

Bolt in red colour looks a red hot beauty. I love the stance of the car. Interior quality looks top notch. I can even go to the extent of saying at par with Hyundia cars. Now it will be interesting wait to see the drive and feel of revotron engine and AMT with the tried and tested Fiat diesel engine.

Currently the main thing hurting Tata Motors more than anything else is perception. It now appears that it will change with these two new products. We can always trust the structural strength of Tata Cars, it is the after sales service which now has to improve

Nice! that looks really great. Somewhat funky but a bit upmarket as far TATAs quality is concerned.

The Inner door handle could have been chrome ones though. The orange material looks good but the silver materials in the steering, door and the centre console looks a bit unfinished

I hope the interior quality will improve or else result will be same as past.....I don't want to see the new TATA cars ending up with Taxi Walas.

The biggest disaster till date is New Safari....how can Tata make that ugly duckling.

I hope the interior quality will improve or else result will be same as past.....I don't want to see the new TATA cars ending up with Taxi Walas.

The biggest disaster till date is New Safari....how can Tata make that ugly duckling.

This!

BTW surprised that you didn't liked the Storme.

I don't know about you all and may be you had a good experience with the TATA motors, I have Indigo GLS turbo charged with out inter cooler. Whenever the car is sent for the service and when it comes back it will have some problem or other like A/C drain water falling on the floor etc This I am talking about the company operated showroom at worli. The company operated showroom would not overhaul the turbocharger as they don't have the person, Unbelievable !. The efficiency of the T/C falls drastically if the carbon deposits aren't removed from the turbine blade on the regular basis. Unless TATAs improve their after sales services I would not go for another TATA car.