shaz1994

Ford figo high service cost

I drive a 2010 panther black ford figo 1.4 tdci titanium. Things have been all fine since i got the car in April 2010 till April 2013. That was just after my 50 k service and the car was still under warranty.

I missed on the extended warranty timing and since then problems started for me. 60 k service was carried out at Cauvery ford at mysore. The car was actually towed to the service center due to a burnt clutch on the mysore banglore highway. I got the general service done and the clutch assembly replaced and the charges were around 19 k.

That was in august 2013. 2 months after that i had to give my car for an evaporator coil replacement at mpl ford, vadapalani, chennai. That was the second time i was replacing the same. First one under warranty and this one costed me 8000. When i was getting my car back from the service center there was a sound when i was releasing the clutch.They had my car checked and i was told of a list of stuff to be replaced which totaled to a sum of 20k. These included drive belt, tension-er, idler pulley, link rod, and the clutch fly wheel kit.

I got a friend mechanic to drive my car. After some basic checking he told me that the transmission oil was almost nil. He had it replaced and the sound was rectified. There was no leak seen and so i send a complaint to ford india. A representative called me asking me about my problem. He heard my entire problem and told me he would get back within 24 hrs. That was in october 2013. I am still waiting for those 24 hrs to get over !!!

But since my problems were solved i didnt bother much and have been going fine with my until a few days back when i had a small problem with the gear shift. The lever would move to the left at times. I had to engage the clutch repeatedly and give pressure on the gear lever. The car had done 69000 kms by then and so i booked for a an appointment at mpl ford vadapalani. (No other options around).

I had given my car for service today around 1:45. I had also asked the A.S.S guys to check out my suspension as the ride had become a bit bumpy. At 5:45 i got an estimate from the A.S.S guys.

It is as follows.

Brake pads + disc = 6000

Gear bed = 5500

nylon bearing (transmission) = 600

leak in the transmission hose + topping up transmission oil = 2500

power steering fluid leak

need to change both hoses it seems = 17000

general service = 6000

total = 36000

Thats the 70k service cost for a ford figo.

I need help badly.

That is the approximate yearly comprehensive service plan cost of owning a Mercedes. Well the cost is too high. Some years back Autocarindia magazine had compared the spares and services cost of major car players in India. Problem with the service centres here is they all are happy to replace a defective parts instead of repairing it as customers are paying. The cost involved is exorbitant. If you attached to your car then take it to the multi car repair centers(carnation, mahindra, carzcare etc) where the service engineers would look into the problem deeply and would try to solve it once and for all.

Power steering fluid leak is a common problem with Ford Figo, as the hose pipes are not of good quality. This would be a genuine problem i suppose.

Brake pads + discs doesnt seem necessary at 70k service. At max greasing of calipers would be necessary.

Transmission Oil leakage seems genuine as it has happened earlier with your car. Check it thoroughly. This will eliminate all your gear shift worries. Gear bed/mountings may not be necessary.

Check your clutch for release bearing issues. This causes difficulty in gear shift. You can even check it by yourself. While pressing the clutch pedal, try to hear if any unusual whirling sound comes. If it comes then the release bearing needs to be replaced.

Better to consult a Ford mechanic outside the Ford service.

I bought car from Ford India/ Mody Ford, begumpet, Hyderabad. the engine of my car gave away with in one and half year of purchase or 36000kms. I did buy extended warranty at the time of car purchase itself but unfortunately ford India did not honor warranty and cheated us by not accepting responsibility for the car or the warranty they sold. the regular service charges are very high and the body work charges or absurdly priced. my recommendation do not buy any vehicle made of FORD India.