Sign in to follow this  
freakyskull

Spied: Volkswagen Polo facelift in India

VW recently announced the Polo facelift internationally and it is slated to make its debut at Geneva this year. But looks like the car has reached India already. Here are pictures of the car snapped when it was testing around Pune

The facelift Polo gets a new bumper with new foglights. The grille also looks a bit different and the headlights are new too. The rear retains the same tail lamps but has a modified rear bumper with a larger number plate area and integrated reflectors.

No interiors changes were spotted. The Polo facelift might be launched soon so I guess there could be discounts on the current model as well. Here are the pics

post-9757-0-88856800-1392180702_thumb.jppost-9757-0-97521200-1392180707_thumb.jppost-9757-0-94819800-1392180712_thumb.jp

Source

Saw this car in Mumbai 2-3 times but couldnt get the pic sadly. They are also testing the new Yeti.

I dont find much of a difference in the Polo facelift. It looks mostly the same. A bit of more chrome and more styling tweaks would've helped big time.

Launched few months back VW Cross Polo is having increased Wheelbase with 40mm more Rear legroom than regular Polo. Why not VW are using that bodyshell with 1.5 TDi engine for Polo as a facelift/upgrade.

I'll help them fetch more customers, even existing customers than who're willing to upgrade from current Polo due to lesser Rear legroom.

Good one there FreakySkull!!

Yes, just as Dr.Nishu wrote.. Increased wheelbase and more legroom surely would've increased sales figures of the Polo.

Cannot agree more with Rssh.. The front looks so much similar to the Jetta!! I am not a big fan of the one family (similar) styling.

VW should consider launching this India. There is the youth who are a good target market for such carsgiven the lack of performance cars in India. Polo GTi,if launched should be considered with R body kits and other performance parts.

Cheers,