freakyskull

Mindblowing: Mahindra Concept SUV 'KOMODO' design study

This must be the most insane thing I have seen in a long time and I would never have imagined a Mahindra SUV took look like this. This concept has been named the KOMODO

post-9757-0-40758100-1392876363_thumb.jp

The Komodo is the work of aspiring Indian designer and IED Torino graduate, Makrand Patil, which he completed in collaboration with Mahindra while at IED.

Here's what Patil has to say about the concept:

"What I present is an SUV built for the Indian Market. The user could be anyone from a young to a mid-age individual who is in his own business or could just be a son, a family guy to a sport enthusiast."

"The built of the car is big, strong, rugged and luxurious at the same time. Perfect for the Indian terrain. The vehicle can be used anywhere form silky smooth highways to steep gradients, big drops and deep water. Focusing more on its off-roading abilities, a true 4x4 vehicle that a whole family can enjoy."

"This SUV has been designed considering most of the brand attributes of Mahindra. The brand sets a benchmark of Capability, Authenticity in design and function. It specializes in Durability and Reliability for the Indian market having a justified evolution."

"My dream was to combine the authentic Mahindra DNA with its more evolved ones and make the Ultimate Mahindra. The Mahindra KOMODO."

What do you think? How much would you want to pay for such an SUV if it made it to production?

Here are the pics

post-9757-0-39378100-1392876287_thumb.jppost-9757-0-49147300-1392876299_thumb.jppost-9757-0-52074900-1392876310_thumb.jppost-9757-0-58112800-1392876318_thumb.jppost-9757-0-14274800-1392876329_thumb.jppost-9757-0-39207000-1392876340_thumb.jppost-9757-0-79901700-1392876351_thumb.jppost-9757-0-81934600-1392876370_thumb.jp

Source

I love it, lets hope M&M green light this.

With what design revolution they did with the XUV i believe they can do similar wonder with this.

Looks like a X6 killer @ 20-25L price tag (speculative), what say guys :P

I'm sorry, that's a nice design and all, but there's no reason for it to be a Mahindra.

There's no link to the brand's current or past design language, and it could just be any old SUV.

I re-iterate, it looks great, and I applaud a designer of Indian origin for coming up with a truly world-class design, but calling it a Mahindra just seems like a mutual pat on the back between the designer and Mahindra.

You might as well slap a Tata badge on it, and everyone would have the same reaction. Let's be honest.

I'm sorry, that's a nice design and all, but there's no reason for it to be a Mahindra.

There's no link to the brand's current or past design language, and it could just be any old SUV.

I re-iterate, it looks great, and I applaud a designer of Indian origin for coming up with a truly world-class design, but calling it a Mahindra just seems like a mutual pat on the back between the designer and Mahindra.

You might as well slap a Tata badge on it, and everyone would have the same reaction. Let's be honest.

+1

Wow! This look hot as hell!

Really great work by the Designer who came up with such a World class Design.

This car will most certainly will need to be at a more cheaper cost,if this car will cost more than 25l then it will loose its charm also m&m have got many bad revews on the quality of exuv500 they can however make it work by not compromising the quality of material n keeping the cost of car between 18-23Lacs as they have a plus point of having an indian manufactu

I agree with motorj3di. To be honest, this seems like a photoshop activity with a collage of Porsche, Rover etc all thrown in and nothing original. Cant really understand what everyone is raving about.

Didn't like it one bit, firstly the production version in flesh may not be as large as shown the in picture, also it looks like the designer got inspired from movie DEATH RACE.

I partly agree with you Rssh!!

The design seems to be inspired from the cars seen in Death Race.

But i loved it!! Awesome design!! Not something we usually see from Indian Manufacturers.

I also agree with AMG1!! It does look a bit like the Lambo Urus.

What i don't like about the car is its name. 'Komodo' comes from the name of a reptile the Komodo Dragon, or so i guess!

But without the 'Dragon' the name sounds more like 'Commode-O'.

Other than that, i would like to see those ORVMs on the doors and not on the front wheel arches!

Overall i like the car and would feel comfortable to spend around 25 to 30 Lakhs on it!!

Motorj3di, why do you say so?

You've mentioned that,

There's no link to the brand's current or past design language, ....

I would like to ask, is the link in design language so important?

What link in design language do you see between the old Mahindra Jeep and the Mahindra XUV500 or even the Mahindra Scorpio?

Let me show you a few examples from the past.

Lamborghini's first road car the 350GTV had no ressemblance with the tractors they then produced!!

Here is a more recent example,

post-50246-0-79312500-1393326870.jpg

Other than the fact that both the cars above are sedans, i do not see a link in the design language, do you?

Similarly, nor do i see links in design language between the previous generation VW Jetta and the current one.

And then look at current VW Vento and VW Jetta, they look so very similar!

I would hate spending 18 Lakhs and be seen in a car which looks similar to another car which costs half as much!!

If Mahindra wants to offer something good, something different, something new...

If Mahindra wants to improve, wants to take itself to the next level, wants to offer cars of world class quality...

If they want to offer their customers something better than before, then what's wrong with it?

Why do you say that, 'There is no reason for it to be a Mahindra.'?

Have you seen the R&D they have put behind it?

Or have you seen the quality of interiors and the materials used?

I am not saying the Komodo is going to be a fantastic SUV, its gonna rip through sales charts, its gonna be great in handling, performance, fuel efficiency and in every other department there is.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT!!

What i am saying is, there is a notion in your head, that Indian Manufacturers could never produce cars that are of world class standards.

And you say that from what you have seen in the past!!

You don't know what's actually happening in their R&D department right now!!

You don't know how hard they are trying to improve their quality standards!!

You are unaware of the current scenario of developments.

I just hope that Mahindra, Tata and every other Indian Manufacturer out there, proves you wrong in the near future!

Extremely different yet exciting design however, I am not sure if it is really a M&M. But if it comes to production line and if the design lines remain close to this one...it is sure to kill all other SUV in the market...forget anyone which is near to 20L + - to its possible price tag.

It has huge potential, specially when these days Indian market is moving towards SUV/C-SUV.