bhpcrazy

Pics: Ford Fiesta facelift spied testing

Ford showcased the Ford Fiesta facelift at this years Auto Expo and now here are some spy shots of the car caught testing in Chennai, Though there are no front shots, the front grille is similar to Aston Martin. Ford needs to get the pricing right for this one to get good sales.

Here are pics

post-9756-0-67332200-1393224602_thumb.jppost-9756-0-96793200-1393224605_thumb.jppost-9756-0-94513600-1393224611_thumb.jppost-9756-0-37417800-1393224615_thumb.jp

Source

The rear-end was the most worrying on the earlier car, although they tried to make it look like the European Ford Mondeo. The tail lamps were simply too tiny and awkwardly shaped for the really bulky rear. I guess they have made the tail lamps in this version larger, but it still is not so impressive, it doesn't do justice to the striking looks at the front. Sorely miss the hot-looking hatchback version, but it has lost its relevance in the Indian market for Ford to consider launching now in India. I like the Figo concept shown at the Auto Expo, hope there will be a hatchback version too.

I like the Figo concept shown at the Auto Expo, hope there will be a hatchback version too.

Not sure what you meant for...we have Figo hatch already and the sub 4 mtr version is also based on the that.

Perhaps, the next gen Figo will come with the same facia as shown in the Figo Koncept.

Edited by Sstar

Not sure what you meant for...we have Figo hatch already and the sub 4 mtr version is also based on the that.

Perhaps, the next gen Figo will come with the same facia as shown in the Figo Koncept.

The current Figo is ageing and sorely needs a replacement soon, I'm sure Ford has already thought about that. The Figo concept shown was a compact sedan, I guess there would be a hatchback to replace the current Figo as well.

The current Figo is ageing and sorely needs a replacement soon, I'm sure Ford has already thought about that. The Figo concept shown was a compact sedan, I guess there would be a hatchback to replace the current Figo as well.

Could be...but dont expect Ford to replace FIgo completely any time soon for next 1 year or so.

hi everyone...

Today when returning from madurai, I saw the 2014 facelifted fiesta parked on the highway near ford company. I requested the test driver to have a look at the car. He allowed me to do so. Some details of the car according to that driver & my observation.

1.Only diesel engine available. 1.5 tdci 90 bhp. No petrol engines even for the test as of now.

2. The person quoted 20kmpl on the highway around 100kmph.

3.This fiesta gets two reverse & fog lamps at the rear.....unlike the single reverse & rear fog lamps on the old one.

4.all new rear & front bumper.

5.sync system on the top end variant like the ecosport.

6.rear have more knee &legroom now...Thanks for the scooped out back of the front street.

7.no black interiors....beige colour now looks airy....may change in production variant.

8.rear seats get reading lights....which is absent on the old fiesta.

9.as per the driver high beam light is good enough to light the road.

10.built quality is good as like the existing fiesta.

11.Road testing of the car will be closed by this month......expect launch in June or July.

12.One of the road test car have clocked over 50000km....no major issues so far.

13.front of the car looks sporty with that aston martin look.

14.front & rear lights are now slimmer & sharper.

15. The is very stable at highspeeds like the existing fiesta as per the driver.

16.Ford planing to price the top end variant of the fiesta at 12 lakhs on road chennai.

17.alloy wheels look sporty 5 twin spoke alloy.

18.195/60 r15 tyres.

I couldn't notice much.....also I didn't take pictures.....sorry guys....

I own a Ford Fiesta petrol Titanium+ 2011 model and i'm eagerly waiting for this facelifted model to find out in what all ways Ford has improved the car. It's a brilliant car with almost perfect driving dynamics and I'm expecting this new one to provide the same driving pleasure as the old one. But i'm a little disappointed that it will be launched only with the diesel engine since I really like the 1.5 petrol engine which is smooth, refined and is very responsive at low rpms and powerful at high rpms although it has a very weak mid-range. Also bringing in the Ecoboost engine would also have been a good touch. But you can't blame Ford for omitting it since there was virtually no market for the petrol model of the Fiesta.

It looks very nice as compared to the previous one, with its front looks being a main attraction. However its rear legroom remains a major concern.

Being a slow seller, its spare parts price is also a concern.

To make it more interesting proposition, Ford needs to lower its base price to increase customer footfall & its sales in India.

Ford India has silently launched the updated 2014 Fiesta at a base price of Rs 7.69 lakh.

Variants - Ambiente, Trend and Titanium which are priced at Rs 7.69 lakh, Rs 8.50 lakh and Rs 9.29 lakh respectively (All Ex-showroom, New Delhi)

This seems very good pricing and if we compare it to City Diesel top end variant, there is difference of more than a lac now.

It now appears to be least expensive C2 segment diesel sedan and should sell in good numbers now.

I also see many EcoSport customers transferring to Fiesta due to long waiting period.

The discontinuation of petrol variant will hurt them.

Prices are a dream , starting 7.7 L - 9.3L , they beat the competition handsdown.Comparing to the CITY its priced lower by 67K to 1.7L depending on the variant.

A sure bet for pure driving enthusiasts.

The new colours are also an added treat.The brown one looks great.