vineet

Innova ~ the Myths

I have heard in various forums & here also about the unbeatable reliabilty about toyota & its products.I will like to share my experience with you, which might change views of some.

I bought a Brand new V 7 seater from Pioneer Toyota Chd on 18th Jan. I like all other proud owners was looking forward to the car as this was the all important "Family Car" (I drive a Laura otherwise).

I took the car & was off to Delhi the next day. While i was returning to Delhi i realised that the Clutch of the car was quite heavy (unlike what it is supposed too as i have kept innova before). It also had problem with gears slotting in correctly.

I took the car in for inspection in the same week at the dealership at Noida & to my surprise after a whole day spent into it, was told that the clutch needed opening as there was some defect.

A brand new car, couple of days old needs clutch opening??smiley18.gif

I was surprised  disturbed to core. As advised, i approached Pioneer toyota for the replacemnt of the vehicle. They made utter fool of people around.

They kept calling us for two consecutive days & made their correcttions & post which they told us that the vehicle is fine "as per them" & they are not bothered what the other toyota dealersip wrote & suggested.

Since then there is a prallel effort underway to convince the dealer of issue which they are reluctat to own up.

The lucky part for me was that the loan was still in the phase of disbursement & due to my effort, we were able to stop the bank for disbursing the same. Despite the loan also not disbursed & our repeated reminders to dealer, there has been no effort from them to correct the situation.smiley3.gif

They are not bothered without money & are not even intersted in talking which gives me feeling of some "Fishy stuff" being undertaken by the dealer.smiley7.gif

Need suggestions what should i do with the car. I have only paid the downpayment & the loan has not been disbursed also. The car is in my posession & i am not using it also.

I would suggest escalating this to Toyota. You as a past owner of a Innova should get a very prompt action in the matter. If their reputation holds, and even more so if the dealer is up to some funny business, you should get a prompt redressal and an apology. 

agree with u vineet....

even i had heard great about toyota reliabilty and service. but my personal experience was far different. when i shared my experience with many, they said its impossible and yours is a one off case and maybe you have been handed a lemon. but even in that case, does that make toyota any better? it simply means toyota has cheated me. i have completely lost my faith and trust in toyota. even my uncle in pune shares a similar experience like us. so its definetely not a "one off" case.........

There is a hell of difference in the quality standards of Toyota made in Banglore and  Toyota Japan, it is far behind Toyota made in Thailand. I have seen the Altis at Singapore and was surprised at the feel of plastics (dash and instrumentation panel ),interiors and the overall finish( especially the chrome bits ). The engine was a 1.6 but felt zippier but that I attribute to the quality of fuel.

You should take it up with Toyota directly am sure they will have a solution to your issue.

Due to the higher torque diesels should be more prone to clutch problems.

This is expected if the clutch does not have the capacity or has not been upgraded to handle the torque of the diesel. 

Thanks for your advice so far.

I have drafted a letter & sent to both the dealer and the company.
I hope they now get serious about this fiasco.smiley13.gif

also send in a copy of your letter to the AUTOCARINDIA helpline....am sure they can take up your case directly to toyota...it could well be the misadventure of the dealer too since they tend to pass on faulty vehicles first (may be on transits..drivers driving rash..a common phenomina..)than service them..hope your problem is sorted out.

do keep us informed on the response you get from the company

hi vinnet....

you really do need to take up the matter to toyota and their dealer, if the dealer does not respond you can take up the case to consumer court ad sont forget to write to autocar india helpline. i am sure they will help you out with this..... do keep posted.........  

Hi All

This is to update about the status post everyones advice. I did write to the GM (Sales) at Toyota . post which i got a "Funny" letter from dealer stating that they were not even aware of issue & were sad to hear about my agony etc etc.

When i confronted them with the letters sent earlier & replied to them, they post that have stopped all interactions & answers.

I gave them time till 11th to action the same thereafter i will move Consumer Forum, to which also i did not get any response.

Hence i am now moving to Court against the dealer.

I wanted to update all so that the Myth about the pro activeness by Toyota & its dealerships is brought out in open for all to see.

Keep nibbling at them till they provide you with a proper redressal.

And yeah, just because you've faced a problem with one car, no myths about the Innova have been busted. Its unfair to hold the whole of Toyota's family tree responsible for a faulty clutch. It could have been that the vehicle somehow escaped the Q/C. Don't worry, relax and let time work out.