Sign in to follow this  
venkys

Need advice on a new bike.

Hello,

I own a Pulsar 180 currently since last 3 years. I would like to move on to a much better option. I'm basically a touring guy with very less off-road rides. Please suggest me a good bike in a budget of around 1.5 to 1.7 lakhs and one which would be light on my wallet in terms of maintenance.

If you want to go for Cuiser pick Avenger. It is a nice bike which comes around 90K onroad in Delhi. it has 220 CC oil cooled engine with great ride for long distance. However, it is not meant for offroading or touring on no roads at all. So if you need is for complete off roader then Hero Impulse is the answer. Being a Hero it is light on maintenance and has great GC for real off roading capabilities.

Hey venkys, hope you are having a nice time on the forum.

I see it still says unlicensed under your name, i hope that problem gets solved soon!!

Well, for that budget i would suggest you to go for a bull!! The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500!!

It is priced at approx. Rs.1.67 Lakhs Ex-Showroom Mumbai.

The bike has the Royal Enfield charm with a few modern touches to it.

Power abudantly available and torque is available at a flick of the throttle. Vibrations are much lesser when compared to previous REs and the bike stays glued to the road even in speeds in excess of a 100kmph. Big downside being the huge waiting list!!

It is a good bike and worth considering!

Hello there Venkys. :)

I fully agree with Sstar and Shashank here. :rolleyes:

As you loves touring, the Avenger will be a fun buy. It's an amazing cruiser and will offer good ride in long drives.

But if you want a more fun to drive bike, Go for the Thunderbird 500. I've driven a few TBs and believe me It's a lot of fun driving it.

hey venkys,

I agree with the RE. Its a class of its own.

I would also suggest you see the KTM Duke. Its amazing. Torguey and powerful, comforatable and pushing.

My duke has gone from pune to the south and back 4 times, still in fine condition.

Yes, its a bit expensive on the pocket, a bit. like 10% more than the bajaj but its a option to the RE considering the waiting period.

hey venkys,

I agree with the RE. Its a class of its own.

I would also suggest you see the KTM Duke. Its amazing. Torguey and powerful, comforatable and pushing.

My duke has gone from pune to the south and back 4 times, still in fine condition.

Yes, its a bit expensive on the pocket, a bit. like 10% more than the bajaj but its a option to the RE considering the waiting period.

I wouldn't recommend the Duke 200, only reason being its a very rev happy bike! It loves to be ridden hard, at the limit.

For a fast city bike.. To zip through congested traffic, i would definately recommend it.

But for touring, not really! It easily makes the rider feel tired with constant 'at the edge' performance.

It is an exciting ride, but not a relaxing one.

That's the only reason why Royal Enfield's Thunder Bird 500 fits the bill perfectly!

Hi GTO,

Having a great time here, thanks bro.

Thinking of booking a TB500 this month.Let's just hope there no too much of waiting period for that. Can't wait to ride one soon. :)

Hey!! Welcome bro..

Amm.. I don't want to spoil your high spirits, but expect a waiting list of atleast 4 to 6 months!

If its lesser than that, consider yourself lucky!