rohit

fiesta 1.4 or aveo 1.4

hi everyone! i am interested in buying sedan. My budget is around 6 lakhs. My monthly running is around 2000 kms. so average is certainly a priority along with comfort .i have zeroed down on base versions of fiesta and aveo.SX4 i cannot consider because of its poor average moreoever its gonna cost me around 6.6 lakhs on road ex chd (vxi). whereas fiesta and aveo both are giving 13-14 km per lt local. so i would like to know which has the better after sales and which car has got the cheap spares.

At present, GM has cheap spare parts available.

I am an Aveo 1.4 owner and I bought in June, 2006. So far, it has not been into any issues (it has logged 20,000 km), good servicing (from Garuda, bangalore).

It gives me 13 km in city and 17 km in highways.

the aveo is definitely a better car to drive(plush & quality interiors....better than fiesta.)and with recent changes to the gear box ratios(old cars had a very dead change feel)is smoother now.as for the average it shoulb be between 11-13kpl in city.also you get good maintainence offers from gm on all models(no tension on maintainence costs)and bargain hard you can get a few thousands off the price..happy choosingsmiley1.gif

aveo is a better overall car but fiesta is a better car to drive.. swift sedan looks very bad.. go for aveo.. but if you love driving then fiesta is even better than sx4, verna and honda city.. but the service of ford is not good its horrible thats what i have heard.. 

hi everyone! i am interested in buying sedan. My budget is around 6 lakhs. My monthly running is around 2000 kms. so average is certainly a priority along with comfort .i have zeroed down on base versions of fiesta and aveo.SX4 i cannot consider because of its poor average moreoever its gonna cost me around 6.6 lakhs on road ex chd (vxi). whereas fiesta and aveo both are giving 13-14 km per lt local. so i would like to know which has the better after sales and which car has got the cheap spares.

With a 2000 kms monthly mileage; you'd be better of with a Logan diesel, than any of these cars. Go in for a diesel sedan, Logan or the Tata Indigo CS should suit your needs in the diesel format.

With a 2000 kms monthly mileage; you'd be better of with a Logan diesel' date=' than any of these cars. Go in for a diesel sedan, Logan or the Tata Indigo CS should suit your needs in the diesel format.
[/quote']

well i dont like looks of logan and tata is big no..(i had indica dls...still have indigo tdi...but i drive esteem only) coz of refinement level....moreover after  driving for more than 4 years diesel car (indica , indigo ,fiesta (not mine)) and around 2 years petrol car(esteem vxi) i would go for petrol anyday...reason being

1)petrol car costs me Rs 3 per km ( 15 km/l ...petrol price 45 per ltr)

whereas diesel costs Rs2 per km ( 16km/l....diesel 32per ltr)

my avg running is 2000 km that makes it to 24000 km per annum........that means i will shell out 24000 more on fuel every year.......so by the time i make up for the cost difference between petrol n diesel vehicle that is around 50,000- 100,000 (fiesta base 1.4 petrol = 6,00,000 ..fiesta base diesel = 7,00,000) i am ready to sell my vehicle and buy new one...i change car every 3 years.

moreover maintenance cost is still less in petrol cars.

2) even after driving fiesta diesel the most refined diesel engine i felt something was lacking and i sincerely feel my esteem is far better in terms of engine refinement .thats my thought.... i really like verna's , swift's diesel engines...there torques n stuff but at the end of the day you really dont want to be in the racing car all the time....its better to have smooth linear drive which in case petrol engines are still ahead .

i test drove aveo two days back and fiesta petrol yesterday.....i feel fiesta is better car to drive...but both cars are cramped from inside ...so i am just a touch dissappointed as far as both cars are concerned....i should be because yesterday after taking test ride of fiesta i sat in sx4 and its a beauty inside out....be it drive position or you want to stretch your legs sitting in back seat...no problem at all ...drive wise its not as peppy as fiesta petrol but with that much space and strong mid range power who cares.....

only concern is its average....can anyone tell me how much avg is it giving in city and highways....as i have heard its only giving 10 km/ltr city and 12 (highways)

The SX4 is an awesome car...but mileage is truly bad. Though careful driving can make it go up to about 14. But then if you drive yourself then go for the fiesta which extremely fun to drive. You can also try out the new Skoda Fabia. Even though its not a sedan, its very big, spacious, has a good n powerful diesel, nice to drive, solid build, outstanding interiors and features, and has a good ride.

Go for the diesel Maruti Suzuki Dezire. The Aveo spares are too costly (please refer Autocar issue that documented spares prices). The Fiesta is a solid car from Ford, but I believe that the Dezire will beat the competition.