BonFre

How is Chevy Enjoy

Was looking for a car in 6-8L category. Amaze, Etios, Sail, etc. were on the list. Then saw quite a few new Chevy. Enjoy's on the road. Haven't tested it out myself yet, so asking for opinions on how is the vehicle?

I had booked Ertiga when it was launched but later cancelled the booking. Its a good vehicle but doesn't Enjoy liberate more space than the Ertiga ? Was wondering could it be a cut price Innova !

How was the comfort & ride quality ?

I have sat in both an Ertiga and the Enjoy and to be honest, both have their own sweet spots. While Ertiga would pamper you more with its interior/ exterior design, the Enjoy is a no non-sense MPV with a little spartan interiors but better third row seating comfort as compared to the Ertiga. The comfort levels are somewhat similar in both the cars and so are the performance figures. It would all depend upon how frequently you would be using that third row of seats; if its something that'll happen very frequently, then Enjoy would be a better choice, but if its only going to happen once or twice a month, then Ertiga it should be for you. I would also suggest that you wait for atleast 2-3 months in case you decide to go in for the Enjoy as there were reports of a recall due to some technical snag in the current lot of cars. Would also suggest that you confirm the same with atleast 2-3 GM dealers or better still, with some existing Enjoy owners to get more clarity.

Not many are fond of this vehicles.You would rarely find them on the road and if you do, most of them are mostly taxis.

Just wondering, if you are OK with that kind of boxy looks how about the base variants of Xylo or the Evalia.I am sure you can still zap up an older Evalia in your price range.

Fellow members have covered most of the things.

@BonFre, if you can wait for some months then Honda Mobilio will be here. It shall be worth to check it out.

The only downside of Mobilio v/s Ertiga might be spartan interiors and may be high NVH levels.

I am myself looking for a MPV (Q1 in 2015) and though choices are still limited in this space, I think it might very well be between Ertiga v/s Mobilio. I really wish Hyundai would have launched it's MPV by that time but I don't think it's going to happen soon.

Don't know, but whenever I start to think about MPVs, Innova still is the first one to come to my mind. It's just the price that's keeping it away from my list.

interiors but better third row seating comfort as compared to the Ertiga. The comfort levels are somewhat similar in both the cars and so are the performance figures. It would all depend upon how frequently you would be using that third row of seats; I would also suggest that you wait for atleast 2-3 months in case you decide to go in for the Enjoy as there were reports of a recall due to some technical snag in the current lot of cars..

Well for starters, I've ruled out the Ertiga. If Im going in for an MPV, then it would be a full time MUV & not an amalgamation like Ertiga. While Ertiga is a very good vehicle but just that doesn't find favor with me.

3rd row shall only be used folded up & for luggage whenever Im on a out-station trip. It won't be ferrying passengers. What Im keen to know is that how is the ingress/egress in the vehicle, is it as smooth/comfy as in the Innova ?

Recall info. is important, will surely inquire about this.

I was just going through a few videos on YouTube when i came across this..

Helpful link..

most of them are mostly taxis. Just wondering, if you are OK with that kind of boxy looks how about the base variants of Xylo or the Evalia.I am sure you can still zap up an older Evalia in your price range.

Contrary to what you said, I haven't seen many Enjoy taxis plying on the roads. Most of my sightings have been of personal vehicles. While it won't be surprising to see them as taxis because would suit their needs better.

Xylo is out of question, its not a sorted vehicle by any stretch. Evalia 2nd hand makes lot of sense but would be hard to come by due to low numbers sold.

you can wait for some months then Honda Mobilio will be here. It shall be worth to check it out. Innova still is the first one to come to my mind. It's just the price that's keeping it away from my list.

Have to see Mobilio, when is the launch & is it slated to launch in diesel variant also from the start?

Innova was my 1st choice too but the company has taken up its price to another category, so not keen on it now. In the same space XUV excites me more & then there's the Duster too.

Enjoy is an okay-ish kind of vehicle but given its placement wrt Ertiga (80k ex-showroom difference and more if you bargain hard). Its has great ingress and egress. One walks into it rather than climb or bend , but there has need a recall but that is all sorted out for newer cars. Also Enjoy is RWD (75bhp) to Ertiga FWD (90bhp) and the power delivery is linear but there is a whine of propeller shaft which is acceptable at the given price and even the third row has good seating capacity wrt Ertiga.

If all you want is space at VFM there is nothing in market currently which can beat Xylo for price (almost 3.5 lakhs cheaper to equivalent Innova) , also the H series engine in current model is more refined.

Was looking for a car in 6-8L category. Amaze, Etios, Sail, etc. were on the list. Then saw quite a few new Chevy. Enjoy's on the road. Haven't tested it out myself yet, so asking for opinions on how is the vehicle?

Surprised to see, your altered choice toward the car in 2nd line.

Out of 3 quote in first line, i'd say Honda Amaze not because it's the best, instead it's the most sorted & well rounded product of all three. SAIL loses on interiors, brand value(compared to other 2) & most importantly re-sale value while ETIOS/Liva is again a well known story to all(maybe due for a replacement a year or half later).

Regarding ENJOY, i'd say it's more of a taxi oriented vehicle, even it's adapted as per it too except its top-end variants which maybe finished differently to appeal personal car buyers. But neither its drivetrain nor its are well suited for an individual rider or say Individual owner who drives him/herself. Yes its noisy with limited power-torque figures, its interiors are old-ish, its shape is boxy.

Still for MPV, i'd say Maruti Ertiga rules with its delightfully laid interiors, good equipment level, very very refined 1.3 DDiS 90PS VGT engine which is surprisingly silent too. Service costs are again very well known & are expectedly in everyone's reach.

Only upcoming Honda Mobilio can challenge its reign to be a trustworthy, refined, comfortable, affordable, RELIABLE & last but not the least powerful(Yes !) MPV.

Still wanna explore the MPV bag further, just drop yourself at Ashok Leyland Passenger cars/vehicles showroom to check out their 'Stile MPV'. Its way better looker than the car on which it's based, it's a well executed product for the price, well finished for the segment. Atleast a sensible option than Enjoy.