FuelRunGod

Pulsar 220 or Karizma?

Which one?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

Im not a fan of Bajaj quality having the chance to experience it firsthand, so its the Zma for me.

Also dont like the bulbous fairing on the P220. Looks out of place with that tiny tank.

P220 -

* ditch pinochhio up front ( read fairing )

* fiddle with the ecu

* plonk in a filter

* 120 out rear

* ditch the bars for adjustable clip ons, spread out

* ditch the rear brake which in any case lacks bite

Perfect little tool for the city (prospective cafe racer too!)

Zma is an awesome machine, but its dated, and no red shocks for me please! The extra tech on the P220 is quite exciting for a similar price.

FRG:  Good Topic! :-)  ripe for debate

My 2 cents!!

The Bajaj Pulsar 220 is the next step in Bajajs evolution towards being a global manufacturer, and its really heading in that direction with the 200/220. The quality on these bikes is very good. Not has good as the borrowed Honda engine of the Karizma, but not quite far behind.

And as far as gear slippage issues are concerned, I will re-iterate my point that it was a problem with a particular batch only! The engine and gearbox on the 200/220 is of very good quality which quite unlike traditional pulsars!

And I am noticing that everyone is pointing fingers at bajaj quality, Hero Honda quality in certains areas is surely flagging too...the plastics are of poor quality, the bulbs keep failing, the chain tenshioner issue is like a everyday problem.

Lastly, Be Indian Buy Indian...I am proud of Bajaj and TVS!

My vote goes to 220!

Buy Indian, but would you buy it if there were something better from abroad available in the market at a similar price? Patriotism is nice. But if I were to spend my hard earned money, I would go with the better product. But in this arguement, my vote is on the 220.

Optimus

all said, bajaj must be lauded on their proactive approach to indian motorcycling, and credit for this should go to rajiv bajaj, the scion of the company who flew in the face of convention and proceeded to remould bajaj from a manufacturer of obsolete scooters to a company which led the way in introducing performance oriented products. of course, thereve been teething problems, but nonetheless it has all culminated in the P220, which can boast of being Indias first oil-cooled and fuel-injected bike. 

if there is something which does cause consternation however, it is at times the claimed performance which doesnt quite deliver what u expect. and the little niggling quality issues...

i think in all fairness to both bajaj and hero honda, we should see how the P220 stacks up a year later...

hey, atleast bajaj is trying to get people to move to bigger bikes. and giving them new stuff

to play with, like the rear disc, the FI, the oil cooler and the twin spark ignition.

hero honda have painted the rims and shocks a dirty shade of red and put a big sticker on the tank. oh, i forgot the engine shroud. they do think we are blind indians. it is a nice, comfy bike but they could have done so much more.

bajaj: 1

HH: 0 

^^Nopes, none of the bikes sold in India have their engines oil cooled, all of them are only Air-Cooled engines! Thats why they have fins on their cylinders!

Anyways, its a common misconception that the engine oil in the bike is used for cooling the bike. It is only used as a lubricant for the engine. But used as a coolant for the gearbox!

Anyways' date=' its a common misconception that the engine oil in the bike is used for cooling the bike. It is only used as a lubricant for the engine. But used as a coolant for the gearbox!
[/quote']

Oil will always serve 2 purposes - lubricate (primary) and dissipate heat (secondary).