Sign in to follow this  
Gokuli20

Strange problem in my igen i20

I want to ask you about a strange problem in my Hyundai i20 2013 - Sportz petrol(7000KMS). When the car is running at the speed of 40-50Kmph if i blink the headlight, car engine is getting stopped and restarts again(It is similar when we fails to press the cluth in first gear, the car is geeting stopped with the small pull).When this problem occurs, in the center console "ABS", "Handbrake" & "Door open" light starts glowing. I gave the car to the service center and waiting for their feedback.(Service team said they'll check the ECM).

Before this problem occurred, a week ago my AC stopped working.if i on the AC, no air flow is observed.When the temperature gets decreased to the low, heat air started coming out of the AC vents.Stragely this problem is not occurred until now.

Let me know your thoughts.

It seems there is a problem with your car's ECU/ECM. It is the electronic unit which controls your car's behavior. They might re-correct the ECU, but it is a very difficult task. New ECU will cost 30-40k. The car is under warranty hence nothing much to worry.

Tell them if they can't diagnose the issue then they better replace the ECU and ECM. Also tell them to check alternator and its pulley because switching off engine in middle of driving is a safety hazard and puts your life in danger and the ABS and airbag won't function if the car is switched off ,also loss of power steering and power brake is a direct problem.

Also get the wiring harness checked if there have been a cut made by rodent/rats. Also if some more accessories are working intermittently then thats a malfunctioning Body Control Module. Have patience give them the car for a couple of days for full check up.

I gave the car to service(HMP,Chennai) on Monday. Service guys checked all the wiring and cleaned the electronic controls and promised this issue wont happen again.Also noticed on test drive, a drum sound is coming on the left side and for this they're changing the Rake assembly(Costs 10k) in warranty.

After a rake assembly has been changed 2 weeks back, new problem has been observed. whenever i rotate the steering to right end(when the car is stationary) car jerks heavily and the car is on the verge of getting off(cabin lights are blinking). Also sometimes, i'm unable to unlock the car using remote(i'm able to see the light glowing in remote).

Kindly suggest me what should i ask SA to check?

I'm very much disappointed,the above mentioned problem happened when i took a car for emergency (early morning @3AM) to drove on highway..i'm very much scared to drive a car now.