Saggy

Polo 1.6 GT vs Polo 1.2 vs Ertiga

I currently own a Maruti Ritz VXi (2009 make). I wish to buy another car and may or may not retain the Ritz depending on the price I receive for it. I have narrowed down my search to the VW Polo 1.6 GT TDi, VW Polo 1.6 GT TSi, VW Polo 1.2 and Eartiga. However I'm a little apprehensive of the Maruti 1.2L motor as I've seen posts in Autocar saying that it's a tad underpowered for such a big car. My question is that which is my best option considering that I travel about 300+ kms every week. Also I've visited a VW showroom and the salesman there offered me a 1.96L exchange price on my old car for any VW. Do I take the deal ?

First and foremost the evaluation of your Rtiz is too low can you tell us how many kms has it run?

Also the VW Polo has a 1.2 petrol/diesel/TSI engine and a 1.6 diesel and Ertiga is a 1.4 petrol and 1.3 diesel and given your running I will go for a diesel definitely. Please clearly state the use of vehicle since the Polo and Ertiga serve different purpose were one is a niche model and other is a people mover.

Polo feels way more cramped than Ritz since it has lower height and also I won't recommend going in for TSi since it is available with DSG gearbox which has had severe mechatronics failure rate in India/Asia and it cost around 1.5 lakhs to replace.

Hi

for saggy i feel new upcoming 1.5 diesel vw polo or vento should serve purpose.

I want to ask rssh that ..is it really that trouble some engine as u mention about 1.2 TSI ?

I was dreaming of owing one, once face lifted model is launched.

I suggest considering the Swift diesel here... Would be the best option here unless ur looking to move away from the brand.

Not that it'll be too spacious, but you'll have the peace of mind of a Maruti.

Any specific reason looking for Ertiga? The cars you've mentioned are actually not comparable.

Edited by neerajd

@neerajd Actually we've owned all marutis before (800, Zen Swift, Ritz) so am currently looking a small deviation from the brand. Ours is a family of 4 and all of us adore maruti (the reason behind the Eartiga choice). Our car has done about 4,00,000 kms. What about the VW Polo 1.6 TDi GT ?

Hi

for saggy i feel new upcoming 1.5 diesel vw polo or vento should serve purpose.

I want to ask rssh that ..is it really that trouble some engine as u mention about 1.2 TSI ?

I was dreaming of owing one, once face lifted model is launched.

Its not the engine (infact the 1.2 Tsi is international award winning engine) its the automatic gearbox DQ200 which has many problem being reported. If it were a manual with this engine then would have happily recommend the same.

I would buy the 1.6 diesel polo instead for piece of mind.

@neerajd Actually we've owned all marutis before (800, Zen Swift, Ritz) so am currently looking a small deviation from the brand. Ours is a family of 4 and all of us adore maruti (the reason behind the Eartiga choice). Our car has done about 4,00,000 kms. What about the VW Polo 1.6 TDi GT ?

Why not try out the Vento TDi it has bigger boot and it will be a change for a body type too? The Polo IMO is too cramped for even a moderately tall passenger in rear seat.