Sign in to follow this  
prasudha7

I want to buy a used diesel car with more milage

He might be suggestion which used car with good FE. I would say go with a Logan because I have seen taxi drivers saying that it gives around 19kpl in city like Mumbai and on highway expect around 22-23 kpl.

I will not suggest you to buy a used diesel car unless you get one in your friend circle or you are very sure its tachometer is not tempered. Diesels tend to be the most abused cars in our country. If you still want a diesel i will suggest you to go for fiats 1.3 diesel engine which is labelled as ddis in suzuki, multijet in fiat cars, quadrajet in tatas and duratorque in ford cars. This diesel engine is time tested turbo engine with decent mileage that varies from 16 kmpl to 23 kmpl varing on your driving conditions.

I will recommend you not to go for a used tata, ford and hyundai diesel car. Certainly you will face problems in them. If you can stretch your budget you should go for a new one and if not then in 3 to 4 lacs you may get a decent vehicle. If you dont have performance issues you can also get a diesel lancer in 3 to 3.5 lac range and these engines dont face mechanical issues but are non turbo.

Hyundai diesel engines are high performance but dont last that long comapartively and thats my personal experience. I have suggested you a decent motor 1.3 and rest of the issues you can consider yourself like aftermarket spares and resale value. This motor you can get in more then 10 cars most probably in india. Mahindra logan is good too with renault engine but you will feel that cheap build quality and crudeness when you sit in cabin. Its wholly solly your personal taste and prefrence now. End of the day go for one that enriches your spirit when you sit in that car. Good luck!

Hi all,

I am from Hyderabad, anybody suggest me which company car is best to buy a used diesel car with more mileage, I am planning to buy within one month.

and my budget is 3 lacks.

I hope you're referring here to Fuel efficiency or Average(in layman terms) to what you referred to mileage above. But in technical terms it means the total distance travelled by the car by now.

Best option for used Diesel hatchback is Maruti Swift Diesel. It's the best diesel car available in the country today & in Rs.3 lacs budget you can easily get any not so old used one & in good condition. Plus it's reliable enough to be purchased as second hand car.

Another option which you can look in your budget are Renault Logan or Mahindra Verito or Ford Figo Diesel or even Ford Ikon TDCi Diesel.

Try to stay away from other used cars.

Personal suggestion, Buy a used diesel car if it's history is completely known to you or buy it from any from your friend circle. Try not to buy from unknown, unreliable sources.

For better fuel efficiency and lesser running cost you should go ahead with Nissan Micra which is priced very welll with decent features and great fuel efficiency.

But you need to compromise on handling, ride quality & looks of the car (IMO Micra looks girlish) another option is Renault Pulse.