Sign in to follow this  
rohanganu

which car to buy??!!

more detailed description of your requirements like usage, type ( SUV, Sedan etc..) , number of passengers, brand importance, will provide you with an accurate answer from the fellow petrol heads :)

HI Dear, I will suggest you few cars under different category.

If you are planning for an SUV then go for Renault Duster which will price you between INR 10-12 lakhs. This car is claimed to respond with a mileage of 19-20 kmpl. The car had retained its market for last one decade. Even now this SUV is purely capable to compete with other SUV under the same price range.

If you are planning to own another sedan then go for Renault Fluence. This car is really having an impressive and luxury feel interior that will undoubtedly attract you towards it. This car is also claimed to supply a mileage of near about 20 kmpl. This car is priced between INR 13-15 lakhs.

So, these two cars are my suggestions to you as per your requirement. But I think that as you are already owning a sedan, you will be in search of an SUV.

Dear Rohan,

I would like to share my practical experience with you , if you ever plan to book a Honda City Car.

Never Book a Honda City Car.

We have booked our Honda City Car through Arya Honda, Mumbai in December 2013.

We paid a sum of 51,000 Rupees in order to Book our car, the CVT Model, White Colour.

Arya Honda Committed to us that we shall get a delivery of our car in February.

"Sir the Deliveries of Diesel Model will begin from January & petrol from february & Since you have booked well in advance in the last week of February you shall get the delivery"

This was a lie.

When we contacted Arya Honda in February they said by the end of February We shall get the car.

When we contacted in February they said that "Since the Maruti celerio is launched Honda is delaying the launch of the Petrol Model CVT so Please contact us in March end as Even Honda wants to meet it's sales target due to march end Closing"

Soon March also passed.

In April We were told that by 2nd week of April you may receive the good news.

Now we get a call from Arya Honda saying that we will send somebody from our office to collect the cheque of full amount of the car and then we will keep it with us, as soon as we will see the car in the system we will deposit it and will get the car delivered to you.

When asked when will the car come ? Is the car ready , they reply saying that "SIR CAR IS IN TRANSIT & WE DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE FOR YOUR CAR TO COME. ACTUALLY SIR HONDA HAS TAKEN OVER BOOKING OF HONDA CITY CVT MODEL, THEY THOUGHT DIESEL WILL BE SOLD A LOT SO THEY PRODUCED THE DIESEL IN HUGE LOTS BUT THEN WHEN THE BOOKINGS CAME IN THEY WERE OF MAXIMUM CVT MODEL , NOW HONDA IS PRODUCING THEM SO IT WILL TAKE TIME."

& the Hilarious part is when the sales guy tells me

"SIR GO TO ANY DEALERSHIP & ASK HOW MANY MONTHS WILL I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE CVT AND THEY SHALL SAY SIX MONTHS , SIR YOU HAVE BOOKED IN DECEMBER , SO YOU HAVE COMPLETED FIVE MONTHS , NOW JUST ONE MORE MONTH TO GO SO HAVE PATIENCE EVERYBODY IS WAITING, IT'S NOT OUR FAULT IT'S HONDA'S FAULT"

ALL THESE TAKES ARE BASELESS.

Honda does not care about it's customers and the dealers are using the Honda tag line to extort money.

Why was the 51,000 booking money taken in the first place ? It was for booking my car right ?

So why are you asking for a cheque when my car is not even in your godown ?

What are you trying to use this money for ?

HONDA PLEASE ANSWER !

Honda needs to answer to all it's long waiting customers.

DO NOT BOOK THE HONDA CITY OR ELSE YOU WILL CRY !

Pls suggest me a car!! My budget is 10-15 lacs..I already own a Honda city zx! I want to buy within a month..

As per your budget my suggestions are listed below. Since you didn't mention a sedan or a SUV , i will list both as far as my knowledge is concerned.

SEDAN:

Honda city: The diesel is relatively new to our market. The autocar has covered a detailed review of this car in previous issues this year and you can refer that . If you can adjust with the Indian style bookings and delivery system this could be decent car in 10/12 lac price bracket. You will get the joy of luxury and build quality of honda is still better then rivals. Customers are cautious of diesel clatter of engine in cabin , so consider this point and check in person before you go for this.

Cruze: Though a long time in market , its a good looking car with road presence . You will get performance and looks . You can try it but i feel personally that its a bit tight as far as sitting and cabin space is concerned. Then you should also consider the resale . Chevy does not have a very strong resale i think.

New altis: You should definitely pay a visit to dealership to check this car . This can prove a mix of comfort and class with reliability . The previous altis had a fair fuel efficiency but the engine was not as responsive if you want a performance oriented car. Personally i would have gone for this due to its reputation . It also carries a insignia of urban elite class using this car and it will give you a decent road presence if not very strong.

SUV:

Duster/ Terrano : These are two softroaders have a strong road presence and good fuel efficiency. They are not pure SUVs and we can call them soft roaders and not off roaders and these cars have been designed to look big then they really are. If you are a daily user then this can deliver you fuel economy of 18 plus kmpl and feeling of driving a SUV. Only cons are i feel price has been bit exaggerated and spares are a problem in local market, even dealerships do not have sufficient spares in case a car meets an accident. Thats a practical point to consider.

XUV: Mahindra has a better reliable network for sale and service. Local market spares are still an issue but dealerships wont have such problem. This car has been loaded with almost every type of sensor and gives you a over equipped feeling. The suspension is hard and will fair well on off-road capabilities in comparison to duster. The engine is more powerful and fuel economy is around 13 kmpl. The car can be a good choice . Only cons are that the car does not have a very strong road presence with cheeta inspired looks. It could have carried a classic evergreen look and would look more bold and dominating. The other thing is the quality of plastics is not very appealing.

Safari Storm: This car has a better road presence as the previous generation. Though it is claimed to be a different design inspired from rover looks but it does not look very different from previous safari. The car has good performance and sufficient space. It has less sensors and givers you regular feeling . The car carries previous heredity of off-road capability and road presence. Some people will prefer this over mahindra XUV . End of the day you can have a test drive and consider your innerself because i dont trust tatas quality of manufacturing and longevity.

MPV:

Innova: Now here my personal bias would play a role. In 15 lac i would have considered a variant of innova. Its a very very comfortable vehicle. When it comes to utility it pays you back the money spent on it. The seating and car has been designed so well that you dont feel tired on long drives and serve family purpose well too. I have driven this for 8/9 hours at single stretch and never felt tired. Plus points are that its a very practical vehicle with a very strong resale value. Engine runs far 3 lac kms. Delivers 12/13 kmpl fuel economy.

The negative point is only one the exaggerated price has pushed it into next category of vehicles , the top variant fairs in 17.5 lac on road approx. This is not justifiable. But you should consider this as an option and you wont repent spending money on this i bet.

These are my opinions. You can go for your friends advice who have previously owned these vehicles. End of the day do what your heart says. Good luck.

@RohanGanu :- As suggested by the Other Members Please Send an updated requirement list from your End.

@SuperAkh :- I find this very obvious as Honda City is on top of the Charts as usual and doesn't look like the case is better anywhere.

I Completely understand how you would feel if you do not own the Beauty in the stipulated time. I would recommend you to not cancel your booking which is worth the wait. but at the same time raise it up to Honda Directly via the Dealership.

Not sure if Honda motors looks at these forums hence use a different approach.