Sign in to follow this  
vineet

Octavia - Ambiente

I read a advert in newspaper today about some Octavia Ambiente model.smiley3.gif

If i remember correctly i have never heard of Octavia Ambiente before. It was Laura that had Ambiente.

I checked the website & it also shows the old models (Rider, Elegance & l&K)

Is anyone aware what is the diff in this model from existing Octavia's? And the price.

There was an Octavia Ambiente upto 2004. It was the base model like the rider now. The Ambiente had different features for the petrol and the diesel car and its the same with the rider too.

Yes, initially there was Ambiente Variant and was placed between Rider and Elegant Variants but was discontinued in 2004-05 not exactly sure about the year. What you have read as new must be something like 'brand new condition etc.'

A friend of mine just checked & has informed, this is a stip down version of  Rider with  ABS.

Central arm rest, Side stips have been removed & ABS has been added.

This is about 50K cheaper than current Rider hence close to 10.30lakhs ex showroom.

probably this is the new octy skoda has been talking about..... but don't see any exterior modifications..... according to the earlier news it had to get new head and tail lights...... (probably it's there will check with some dealer)

octy sale has been dropped considerably since the introduction of laura ambient.i think the skoda should stop selling its outdated octy in the indian market now.or it will become difficult for them to find customers inspite of price drop or even introduction of face lifted new version of this octy..

Vineet, you are right. There is an Octavia Ambiente now and they have dropped the rider model. Starting price is 9.90 lakhs ex-showroom Maharashtra. I saw the advertisement in yesterdays paper.

@ arpitag_111 : The ambiente was replaced by the rider and now the rider has again been replaced by the ambiente. Both were not present at the same time.

The Ambiente is only the basic model and has just the basic features. Elegance is next which has part leather upholstery, climate control, alloy wheels. Then its the Laurin & Klement, which has all the real goodies and costs > 15 lakhs.

@Zavo. Also, the discounts are MINUS.

Some times the sticker prices are very misleading. For example most Hyundai's carry meaty discounts, while the Honda dealer will probably give a cup of tea and at most a samosa with it. Also, RTO charges can vary from (I think) 2.5% to over 10%. So much for One India.

Insurance: They never tell you that you can transfer your NCB from the old car (lower premium means lower commission). You should transfer the old car to Third party / Act Only and take the NCB across to the new one.

If you have taken the certificate (you may have to pressurize for this) then it clearly states that you had car No.xxnnxxxx insured with them under policy no. ????? with x% NCB until dd-mm-yyyy. This certificate is valid for thtree years from the date of issue.

what do you mean about the insurance scheme?

like i have a car fully insured and buying a new one i can transfer my insurance?

Yes. Only the old car shoule continue to have uninterrupted cover. So either you take out another policy or the buyer insures it before you remove the cover of your policy. There are two ways the premium is calculated:

1. They may calculate the full year premium for the new car and remove the 'pro-rata' part of the premium of the old car. The date of insurance changes.

2. They may take a 'pro-rata' value of the additional premium without changing the validity.

I was talking to senior Development manager and he preferred the latter.