Sign in to follow this  
dr_nishu

Hyundai silently introduces EON 1.0 litre kappa

Hyundai has started accepting bookings for the 1.0-litre Eon, with deliveries expected sometime next month.

According to our sources, the 1.0-litre Eon is only available in one mid-spec Magna variant. Features available include an air-con, power steering, and front power windows. In addition to this, the Eon 1.0-litre gets an immobilizer, keyless entry and 13-inch steel wheels with full wheel covers. There is no music-system provided in the Eon 1.0 Magna variant.

The Eon comes with a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder motor, most likely the same one used in the European-spec Hyundai i10. In the European car, the engine makes 65bhp and 9.7kgm of torque in that car. There are no styling changes on this version of the Eon in comparison.

Hyundai has priced the 1.0-litre Eon Magna at Rs 3.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai) for the metallic shade version.

**EDIT**

Source: Autocar India.

Edited by dr_nishu

Hyundai EON 1.0 arrives at dealerships:

post-67-0-34552000-1398796783.jpg

Recently seen at the Hyundai dealership is New Hyundai EON 1.0, which is powered by Hyundai's 1.0 litre, 3-cylinder kappa petrol engine which is based on i10's 1.2 kappa petrol engine.

post-67-0-17496600-1398796787.jpg

This 1.0 litre engine generates 65PS of power & 97Nm of peak torque. This car is claimed to achieve 0-100kmph in less than 14 secs with achievable top speed of upto 160kmph.

This 1.0 litre petrol engine is based on new-gen engine architecture which makes the best out of the fuel used with minimal energy wastage & maximum efficiency in terms of both power, fuel efficiency while offering much improved level of refinement as compared to its previous 0.8 litre engine based on Santro's 1.1 engine.

Clearly seems to be an attempt to revive EON's fortunes by offering much needed grunt & refinement to EON, previously which was complained by many EON owners. Also seems to be a tool to rival Alto k10 as well as recently launched Datsun GO.

Available in showrooms at ex-showroom price of around Rs.3.85 lacs for mid-spec Magna variant, which is an only variant in EON lineup to offer this 1.0 litre engine. By no means it's cheap, specially infront of Alto k10 whose base LXi variant retails at around ~Rs.60k cheaper but based on what this car offers it easily rivals with Datsun GO, WagonR, Chevrolet Spark & even base Celerio variant.

(Pics source: Motortrend.in)

Certainly a good step to keep the sales numbers moving, this is the same engine version which is currently sold to European market as in EU the EON already has a 1L engine displacement.

Hyundai officially introduces EON 1.0 with 1.0 litre kappa VTVT engine at Rs.3.83 lacs:

Hyundai has officially introduced the 1.0L kappa engine for its entry level small car Eon. The new engine with dual VTVT, produces 69PS of power @6200rpm and 94.14Nm of peak torque @3500rpm. This extra amount of power and torque will help in faster acceleration and will also reduce the number of gear shifts in tedious city driving condition.

The company also claims an efficiency figure of 20.3kmpl (ARAI certified). The transmission duties are performed by the five speed manual gearbox.

The all-aluminium 1.0L kappa engine, with the use of aluminium head and block has helped in weight reduction, in turn enhancing the performance as well as the fuel economy of the car. The low friction timing chain and piston cooling jets maintain an optimum piston temperature, thus helping in increasing the performance as well as the efficiency.

The Eon with the addition of this bigger heart will be better equipped to face the competition.Rest of the car (Eon) remains pretty much the same as the previous version (which will obviously continue to be sold). The car can be differentiated externally by the ‘Kappa’ badge on the right side fender and the ‘1.0’ badge on the boot lid. The engine cover also gets a ‘K 1.0’ badge.

Eon 1.0L is available only in the Magna+ variant in India for now. But we believe, Hyundai will introduce more variants soon.

Source: Motorbash.com

Today, for the first time, I went to Hyundai showroom, with my elder son.

Saw i10, i20, Fluidic Verna, Grand i10 and Xcent.

As i20 and Verna are in a different leage (hence, my son is not interested),

we did spend some time with the other three cars.

Not that we do not know much about these three cars, but, nothing is lost in

seeing all the three cars in one go. As expected by me, Grand i10 was better,

so says my son.

And, we had to spend one hour between two meetings and what a better way

than to go in for air-conditioned comfort of a car showroom in this hot summer.

Edited by rameshbabu.n